• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

Well we won the Lollerpool way, pretty much a one man show for us today. Sterling is carrying us over the line.

Norwich can take a lot of heart from that game, they tried their hardest and very nearly got a draw.

Johnson and Lucas had very poor games, I'd prefer it if Rodgers swaps them out next game.

Nicktendo86

No Henderson's suspension means that we won't.
It's over mate, would take a disaster for Liverpool to lose it now.

It fucking pains me as a Utd fan to say this but they deserve it as well. Done it the 'right' way, haven't bought the league, play some nice stuff.

Utter bollocks performance, 2 shots on target between the 10th and 90th minute. Have to improve, and fucking quickly.

Without Sturridge, there is a distinct lack of comfort keeping the ball in the opposition third, meaning we struggle badly to find avenues towards goal unless it's on the counter.

Without Henderson, there was a distinct lack of intensity in their half. Suarez can't press 5 players into mistakes at once

Mignolet and Flanagan should be giving their week's wages to Sterling, that attempted punch and non-attempted header could easily have cost us the league.

Skrtel should have had a penalty called against him (yet again), and that Sakho foul was obvious, if unintentional. Combine that with Sterling's finish for his second (not got a clue why he went on his left when the space was on his favoured right foot), and we got very fortunate today.

Fantastic result, but not one that makes me much more confident of winning the league tbh. Chelsea will punish us if we give that many set pieces away and fail to find the link between midfield and attack as we did today. Our phase-by-phase match management leaves a lot to be desired, and will fuck us up in the CL. Need to do a lot of work on when to press as a team, when to press individually, when to accept that passing won't work and resort to a hoof, how many players to commit in attack, which players to move to the flank in support of the fullback etc

I could have booted Lucas in the bollocks when he bundled Olsson over when Sterling was about to draw a foul. He beasted the first 15 or 20 minutes, but had no impact on the game at all afterwards. Not sure how we'll line up in midfield next week after that

Whinge over, 3 points, onto Chelsea :D

Any word on Sturridge btw?

Oh wow, everyone and their mother is saying we singed Ginter for 7m + bonuses.
In Hummels, Subotic, Sokratis and Ginter we'll have 4 great CBs next season + potentially someone to succeed Hummels and who can play DM. Pretty hot..

jTlDRLR.jpg

Wasn't he supposed to be a racist? Evra told me so.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fady Kiriakides ‏@FadyK85 6m
Errr, how embarrassing, the @FA actually only tweeted Liverpool's goals. No bias at all here folks.

YES FADY

LISTEN TO DARTH MOU!

Arnie

Lucas was dreadful today.

Luckily Django comes in and he moves out against Chelsea. Allen can fill that Hendo role.

That was painful. Can relax now.

WJD

Oh my word Fady

I unfollowed him due the constant Chelsea retweets but I might just have to get back on that train now!

tri_willy

oh my heart... still gasping for air over that shite 2nd half

onto to next week, better see a much more determined performance against chelsea

Arnie

Oh my word Fady

I unfollowed him due the constant Chelsea retweets but I might just have to get back on that train now!
I unfollowed him for the same reason.

Social media became seppuku.

Just embarrassing shite from Chelsea fan accounts. Was like staring into the window of an asylum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom