• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been in here as much recently, but where is the rest of ArsenalGaf??? Did they all commit mass Seppuku after the Everton game? I failed in my attempt a few months back

Zabojnik

jTlDRLR.jpg

Wasn't he supposed to be a racist? Evra told me so.

It's casual racism, so it's okay.

Mascot

I'm just grateful that so many managers inexplicably don't realise that Liverpool fall apart and panic when pressed deep in their own half. It's been a recurring theme all season.

Mastadon

Banned
I'd keep Johnson if he took a pay cut. He was shit today, but he's generally been very good since he came back from injury. I don't know who we could buy as an upgrade though?

Arnie

I appreciate Mignolet and the effort he's put in this season, which, for the record, is far and beyond what Reina would've done had he stayed. However. However. He isn't world class and if Barca's transfer embargo holds we should really be going for Ter Stegen.

The Oyster reader in my bus is broken. Free journey home.

YEEERRRSSS

Sane_Man

We need to splash out on two world class fullbacks in the summer. That would improve our team hugely. I like Flanno but he's always got a mistake in him and Johnson will never be a consistent player. He's been shit, frankly, this season.

Marc

Very interested on how/what Liverpool will do in the summer now, will they pay big money for a leftback like Shaw and a midfielder. Need a DM badly as well, I dunno what people expected from lucas but he has always been shite so not a shock when he plays like that.

The football sits there for the ref to pick up.

For a league game? Cup game yeah... don't remember it happening for a prem game, maybe because they are FA Cup finalists.

PowderedToast

We need to splash out on two world class fullbacks in the summer. That would improve our team hugely. I like Flanno but he's always got a mistake in him and Johnson will never be a consistent player. He's been shit, frankly, this season.
plus he's 29, we need a replacement regardless of how well he's playing. I wouldnt mind if we went, just feels like he's operating on a level below the rest of the team

Anyone else feel as if Mignolet is not the ideal keeper for us?

Absolutely.

If we want to pass it around defense, we want a keeper comfortable doing it, and decent at kicking it long as a last resort.

If we want to play 3 in the middle/no typical wingers with exposed fullbacks, that will invite crosses so we want a keeper comfortable leaving his line and taking command of the box.

Ideally, I imagine we want to play a high line, in which case we'd want a keeper quick off his line, who is happy to start on the penalty spot rather than the 6-yard line.

Mignolet is pretty terrible at all of those things imo. He's good, but not exactly ideal. All of those things are what Reina used to be fucking brilliant at :(

Mastadon

Banned
I appreciate Mignolet and the effort he's put in this season, which, for the record, is far and beyond what Reina would've done had he stayed. However. However. He isn't world class and if Barca's transfer embargo holds we should really be going for Ter Stegen.

The Oyster reader in my bus is broken. Free journey home.

YEEERRRSSS

Are you the chap who got fined £53,000 for dodging fares?

LTWheels

Absolutely.

If we want to pass it around defense, we want a keeper comfortable doing it, and decent at kicking it long as a last resort.

If we want to play 3 in the middle/no typical wingers with exposed fullbacks, that will invite crosses so we want a keeper comfortable leaving his line and taking command of the box.

Ideally, I imagine we want to play a high line, in which case we'd want a keeper quick off his line, who is happy to start on the penalty spot rather than the 6-yard line.

Mignolet is pretty terrible at all of those things imo. He's good, but not exactly ideal. All of those things are what Reina used to be fucking brilliant at :(

At the same time, Reina couldn't stop a shot to save his life. Mig's saves have kept us in games.

At the same time, Reina couldn't stop a shot to save his life. Mig's saves have kept us in games.

I know, I miss the Reina of 06-11 is all

Current Reina is just not reliable enough at all. No use having a keeper who can easily keep you in the game for 89 minutes and help you control it, then throw one into his own net

Yen

Very interested on how/what Liverpool will do in the summer now, will they pay big money for a leftback like Shaw and a midfielder. Need a DM badly as well, I dunno what people expected from lucas but he has always been shite so not a shock when he plays like that.

For a league game? Cup game yeah... don't remember it happening for a prem game, maybe because they are FA Cup finalists.
It's been clear this season that Rodgers does not play defensive midfielders and with great success. A deep playmaker and two box-to-box types. We won't sign a DM in the summer, but maybe another attacking midfielder.

Slizz

I'll never forget Reinas awful keeping against an Aguero goal a couple years ago where he basically lost the game singlehandedly with his awful decision.

LTWheels

It's been clear this season that Rodgers does not play defensive midfielders. A deep playmaker and two box-to-box types. We won't sign a DM in the summer, but maybe another attacking midfielder.

Attacking midfielder
Another engine midfielder
Fullback x2

I would be happy with that.

Barzul

I want Wenger out too, we need another approach. I do appreciate everything he's done for us. Winning the FA cup would be a great way to bow out.

Sane_Man

https://vine.co/v/M1EAuBzMiuV

That's the kind of shit the FA just need to ban. Just slap the cunt with a 3 match ban. It will soon stamp it out.

Jesus he's a dick.

Did you even see the tackle? It was awful. It must have hurt a shit load but when you've got the chance to score a goal, especially when you're Suarez, you'll get your arse up and run through the pain.

:edit: Just seen your reply. Fair dos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom