• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've failed us, Pepe Mel.

Crystal Palace(A), Everton(A), Aston Villa(H) and West Ham(H).

tumblr_mzefsusR821qllzizo1_250.gif

Those last 2 are writeoffs.

Have to concetrate on our own matches first and foremost, and pray to the footballing Gods that Palace and/or Everton can do us a favour

Lovely goal

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That was surely the worst free kick of all time from City. Brain dead play.

Meier

That was surely the worst free kick of all time from City. Brain dead play.

We do it a lot for some reason. Usually it would have gone to Ferna then back to Silva to take it first time but obviously the initial little roll over didn't work. I don't really understand the reasoning behind it.

flyover

Those last 2 are writeoffs.

Have to concetrate on our own matches first and foremost, and pray to the footballing Gods that Palace and/or Everton can do us a favour

Yeah, I think City will win their last five (counting tonight), and Liverpool will need seven points from their last three.

But this season, who knows? Hell, Palace could possibly beat both of them, the way things are going.

What the hell was that free kick? Atrocious! Must admit it was a lovely counter by West From.

Zaba's goal was quite lovely, didn't see the second!

This could turn into quite the goal fest!

Yes, that's basically my problem with the EPL. But I guess people who are too close to it can't see it. Obviously the teams in the top 5-6 don't play like that, that's why they are on the top.

If the closeness of the top 5 is the main attraction, I rather watch the Argentina league to be honest. I just can't enjoy football so dull.

I want small teams to play amazing football like Augsburg, Freiburg and others do. Promoting youngsters of their own, playing modern and attacking football... how could I resist. Football at its best (at least for my personal taste).

Obviously Bayern being so far ahead this season is far from being the ideal. I do think we finishing so far ahead last season was right because we were playing amazing football. But this season I'm actually surprised because we weren't half as good as last season, I think Bundesliga coaches didn't know how to play against Pep, they were unfamiliar with his tactics.

Oh I think they see it, but their attention is focused on their teams and their immediate opposition and not Stoke. Yeah, but see, you picked like the best examples with Freiburg and Augsburg. What about Hannover, Hamburg, Bremen or Stuttgart this season? Their football is disgustingly ugly for the most part.
It's true about promoting youngsters, there's whole lot less of that in the EPL, despite that rule about using a certain amount of Brits. It's the curse of the money though.
Why grow & groom your own shit if you can import already complete players with ease?
And pls, no one cares about Argentinean league unless it's a derby. You're just being kinda racist against EPL, mang.

I haven't watched any of your games this season besides the ones vs. Dortmund, not even the highlights so I have no idea how you really fare(d). I despise your team & management way too much to be subjected to them more than I should. But from what I heard you had a fuckton of luck in a lot of games so there's that. But with these wages and basically co-ownership of German giants in their particular industries, a BL fan can only hope for fucking Golfsburg, Neverkusen and RB Leipzig to try to outspend your cancerous piece of shit club that is controlled by thieves. If I were impartial to BVB I'd also want that, but this shit will edge us out too. So the league that you apparently enjoy so much is doomed by the very team you support. Congrats.

Meier

That would have been an incredible goal if we'd managed to score off that. Think that second to last pass should have been to Aguero after he'd come back onside but hard to judge it I'm sure.

jesalr

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 6m
Was told today that Dortmund were lining up an official bid for Kagawa. (NOT a swap) Won't happen now - Shinji wants to stay.

Meier

Seriously, why are City extending their stadium? Totally idiotic. It's gonna look even more embarrassing on days like this.

The seats are being added at the top of the stadium. You won't even notice em. Embarrassing or not, the tickets are sold.. people not showing up isn't City's concern.

Dzeko is so unreliable when dribbling with it. :( Jovetic would have been good with Aguero today.

kmax

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 6m
Was told today that Dortmund were lining up an official bid for Kagawa. (NOT a swap) Won't happen now - Shinji wants to stay.

Mkhitaryan is shit, so it's understandable that they want him back.

To see Shinj, Klopp and Reus together again would be spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom