• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

The seats are being added at the top of the stadium. You won't even notice em. Embarrassing or not, the tickets are sold.. people not showing up isn't City's concern.

I would be concerned if people buy tickets but don't show up at the game :p

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 6m
Was told today that Dortmund were lining up an official bid for Kagawa. (NOT a swap) Won't happen now - Shinji wants to stay.

I'm growing tired of this tbh. We now got Reus, Mikhi and Gündogan for CAM so I'm not even sure we need him. More a luxury thing to compensate for Reus' and Gündogan's inevitable departures down the line, I guess - "snatch him while he's cheap, morally broken and Utd.'s roof is on fire".

/
Mkhitaryan is shit, so it's understandable that they want him back.

To see Shinj, Klopp and Reus together again would be spectacular.
You must not have watched any of our last 4 games or so :)

Jarnet87

Was told today that Dortmund were lining up an official bid for Kagawa. (NOT a swap) Won't happen now - Shinji wants to stay.

Shinji wants to stay

Shinji wants to stay

Shinji wants to stay

tumblr_mjjwk2NpQT1r7jzw9o1_500.gif

It's happening isn't it. my body is ready for maximum Shinji.

Sane_Man

The seats are being added at the top of the stadium. You won't even notice em. Embarrassing or not, the tickets are sold.. people not showing up isn't City's concern.

Wait, the tickets are selling but that many people are just... not showing up?? That's mental.

King_Moc

Banned

Dzeko is so unreliable when dribbling with it. :( Jovetic would have been good with Aguero today.

You don't just think that the owners are buying up the unsold tickets to increase their legitimate income? It would allow them to pay themselves less for their own IP rights in future, at least.

D_prOdigy

I'm sure Shinji - or anyone - would go for un-anesthetized root canal too if the alternative was going back to Dortmund.

Meier

Wait, the tickets are selling but that many people are just... not showing up?? That's mental.

I agree, it is mental but the games all sell out or come just shy of it. For whatever reason, a lot of the season ticket holders are lame. :p I have season tickets to the University of Texas football games every game they'll sell 100k tickets but it's not uncommon to have maybe 70-80k there.

Kompany, lol.

dc89

I don't know people are commenting on the level of noise at The Etihad. Itnhas already been explained.

"Someone said to me at the match the other day that it was very quiet and that the crowd were not making much noise.

I told them it was because they were in awe of what they were watching. I was in awe "

- Mike Summerbee 07-01-2014

Arnie

Was about to post about West Brom making it through to half time.

Then Liam Ridgewell happened.

Thank god we beat City or I'd be shitting myself at this stage.

I don't know people are commenting on the level of noise at The Etihad. Itnhas already been explained.

"Someone said to me at the match the other day that it was very quiet and that the crowd were not making much noise.

I told them it was because they were in awe of what they were watching. I was in awe "

- Mike Summerbee 07-01-2014

Judging sound by from your fucking tv is dumb anyway (it's always crazy how different the crowd can sound switching between two channels showing the same match even), but look at all those empty seats. Now that's embarrassing.

Blablurn

we like to make fun of moyes but right now he is making sweet love with his wife over the money they got from manchester

SWEET

LOVE

jtb

Banned
if Wenger doesn't sign a new contract, it will probably be very difficult to get a first choice manager in with Tottenham and Utd moving very quickly towards getting rid of their manager. and given how comically inept Arsenal currently are with regards to transfers, I have zero faith in their being a contingence plan in some form should Wenger leave. we're fucked either way.

we like to make fun of moyes but right now he is making sweet love with his wife over the money they got from manchester

SWEET

LOVE

Anyone thinking that is a fucking idiot, as the article just a few posts up says...

In Frank O'Farrell's day, he started getting suspicious when he turned up for Bobby Charlton's testimonial dinner and discovered that he was not even seated on the top table for a function he had organised himself. It was the next day O'Farrell was summoned to Manchester United's boardroom to be sacked and "A Nice Day for an Execution", the relevant chapter of his autobiography, remembers how Matt Busby avoided eye contact as the chairman, Louis Edwards, broke the news. "It wasn't so much I got the sack but the way they behaved as people," O'Farrell wrote. "I can never forgive them for that – they were nasty beggars."

Wilf McGuinness ended up taking solace in a bottle of sherry when it was his turn. "It was as if the world had ended," he recalled many years later. "I was demoralised, heartbroken, horribly hurt. I'm not ashamed to admit that, in those darkest moments of my career, I literally banged my head against the wall, several times." Jack Crompton, the trainer, eventually found him, in a crumpled heap on the boardroom floor.

The break is rarely clean and for David Moyes nobody should make the mistake of thinking the payoff will prevent it being the most harrowing moment of his professional life. Moyes was the wrong man for the job; he just did not realise it. He will find future work, maybe even success, but his reputation will never fully recover. He will always be remembered as the man who took over from Ferguson and blew it. The modern-day McGuinness-O'Farrell, replacing a legend and, ultimately, falling so far short he will have to carry the consequences like a rucksack of bricks.

Not to mention Moyes is already got his bank accounts full of money... and how this ruins his chances of making even more in the future anyway.

Bumhead

Banned
The Etihad is a quiet ground anyway.

When I went there were over 6,000 of us, the entire behind the goal, and it's not like we are a quiet away following by any stretch. Very difficult to keep any sustained atmosphere going.

Construction of the ground doesn't help. The roof feels incredibly high above you so it doesn't trap any noise. Especially if you're on the lower tier which we were it feels like it might as well be an open top stadium.

Meier

Dzeko looks so out of place in the City team.

He's just not really suited for the style we play. Pellegrini is desperate to have him or Negredo playing well in the run-in but it should be Jovetic starting. He's not as big as them, but he can link up with the likes of Silva and Aguero where Dzeko just can't.

Ingeniero

if Wenger doesn't sign a new contract, it will probably be very difficult to get a first choice manager in with Tottenham and Utd moving very quickly towards getting rid of their manager. and given how comically inept Arsenal currently are with regards to transfers, I have zero faith in their being a contingence plan in some form should Wenger leave. we're fucked either way.

Calm down, Wengy will stay.

Hixx

I miss Sessegnon. Just so fucking entertaining to watch.

Him, AJ and Borini as an attacking midfield trio would have been nice.

But PAOLO DI CANIO wanted to keep Ji. Who was ineligible anyway. Jesus fuck.

L1NETT

Went to Maine Road when I was a nipper, remember liking that; apart from being able to see sod all squared.

Never been to the Etihad, might do one day.

Sessengnon is a talented footballer innit. Always looks good infront of Sky, bet he an inconsistent bugger though. Hixx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom