• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
His hand/arm is so high because it's stuck on top of Sakho's head. By the time the ball reaches his hand he's looking the other way. Let's also not forget that the reason Sakho is jumping from beneath Skrtel is because Kompany pushes Skrtel in the back.

A penalty in this scenario with a group of players all contesting would of been very harsh. Talk of retroactively punishing Skrtel is the kind of shite seen on Blue Moon.

You need to remember that where handball is concerned, intent is irrelevant. If his hands aren't by his sides then it's a penalty regardless of what he meant to do. And if you jump up with your hand in the air at a corner, you're asking for trouble.

Meier

A penalty in this scenario with a group of players all contesting would of been very harsh. Talk of retroactively punishing Skrtel is the kind of shite seen on Blue Moon.
I don't think he should per se, I just was asking if it was even possible.

Either way, if it were seen, a penalty definitely should have been given.

hiroshawn

Banned
Interesting
BlRg1ROCUAADaei.jpg

ShogunX

You need to remember that where handball is concerned, intent is irrelevant. If his hands aren't by his sides then it's a penalty regardless of what he meant to do. And if you jump up with your hand in the air at a corner, you're asking for trouble.

Of course intent is irrelevant because very few people purposefully handle the ball in the box. However when a group of players go up like that you very rarely see a decision given especially in a game of that importance. Clattenburg had obviously decided before the match that any penalty shout or potential big decision he was going to have to be 100% sure before giving it. Hence the reason he never sent Suarez off for his apparent dive.

Everybody jumps with their arms and hands to gain leverage but in this case Skrtels arm gets stuck under Sakho after he's pushed in the back. Common sense prevailed.

I should really play the latest TWAU ep.

Edit : watching giantbombs PAX panel... Brad got a donkey and calls it Cornelius. This has gone too far.

TeddyBoy

Don't be absurd, West Ham will lose this game and won't even care. Textbook home win, even for a knackered Arsenal.

Arsenal have picked up five points from their last six matches, they are extremely inconsistent right now. After 120 against Wigan as well this Arsenal team will probably start quite sluggish against a very physical West Ham.

A bore draw is quite likely, Arsenal are too tired after Wigan and West Ham won't have Nolan today who provides most of their goal threat.

LegoArmo

Kyle Lafferty is literally the biggest cunt to have ever existed.

Are we having some FootyGAF Trials Fusion leaderboard rivalry? I hope so.

His face might look like Kermits, but that's no reason to hate.

kylalff06kf6.gif

<3

(he's probably going to be shipped off in serie a, not good enough)

Simeone on Costa in AS (and possible transfer to Chelsea) "It depends on him and what he believes is best for his future. I will support any decision. It is normal that Chelsea are interested in him. It has good economic potential. Eto'o gets older and Diego Costa can do the job, but for now he's ours".

Might be something to do with bringing players back after months out when they've only had one training session since being fully recovered.

Uhu, it seems like a mix of rushing players back cause of their thin squad, having Mengele as their team doctor and buying players with limbs made out of glass.... and sometimes even already injured players!

Salvadora

Loved Arsene revealing at the press conference that Oxlade-Chamberlain shouldn't have played on Saturday (and is now a doubt).

Can't even laugh anywhere.

Barzul

Giroud is our youngest outfield player today @ 27. How times have changed.

And Ramsey and Ox are on the bench. They can play. But does it seem like the smartest move to play Ramsey in this game when he played 100+ minutes on Saturday his first start after a 4 month + layoff? If we need to use them we will.

Wilbur

Banned
Giroud is our youngest outfield player today @ 27. How times have changed.

And Ramsey and Ox are on the bench. They can play. But does it seem like the smartest move to play Ramsey in this game when he played 100+ minutes on Saturday his first start after a 4 month + layoff? If we need to use them we will.

Wow, that Giroud stat is mad.

WJD

Arsenal have the best nets in the Premier League, bar none.

spot on depth

sublime tension

square cut

perfectly angled

Orgasmic.

Marc

Its weird, I got trials on vita from PS plus and is the most fun I had with a game for a long time but I don't see myself buying it on PS4.

Go Dortmund! I want a final so we can rectify things.

How will you rectify things, are you going to let them play with some of your players?

Arsenal's season defining game? Can't see West Ham doing anything to be honest.

Gundogan will need a walking stick for his back within the next year anyway. I'd rather we got Vidal to be honest.

You know what to do edwoodwood

Clegg

Does his injury still have the medical staff baffled?

There were rumours of it being career threatening.
I don't think he's played at all this year. Probably won't be back before the end of the season and defo won't be going to Brazil. I wouldn't take the risk of signing him.

WJD

I hate the nets at Wembley. Just looks so unsatisfying when someone scores.

See I don't mind them cause they're final nets. They should be a little bit different due to the occasion and I'd even say they look good if someone absolutely cunts the ball into the top corner; that extra bit of depth is priceless for those goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom