• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Bl2CqQmCcAA5Crm.jpg

benedict cumberbatch is sure looking good

Clegg

Miggy D has spoken:

Van Gaal favourite for job, but United keeping options open.

Giggs a possibility depending on how results go in next 4 games till end of season. But still thought to be LVG as most likely outcome.

Miggy D has spoken:

Giggs a possibility depending on how results go in next 4 games till end of season. But still thought to be LVG as most likely outcome.

If Giggs wins the next 4 games 5-0 then maybe, possibly consider him. Otherwise no.

Jarnet87

Miggy D has spoken:

I want to see Giggs drop Rooney. He'll have a better start as manager of United then Moyes did with that move alone.

Well he def think Van Gaal is favourite for the job. But according to his sources Giggs isn't completely out of the running.

This is what Rob Harris reported:

A person with knowledge of the situation at United said the club would be seeking an experienced manager and a short list was being put together with a view toward an appointment being made quickly. Giggs was not being considered for the full-time position.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the club was yet to announce the moves.

Hixx

Before Giaccherini started his first game for us (<1 year ago) an Italian had never played for SAFC.

Today an Italian won our YPotY (Borini) and another Italian won Player of the Year (Mannone).

#globalization

Mastadon

Banned
If Giggs wins the next 4 games 5-0 then maybe, possibly consider him. Otherwise no.

Dear Norwich, Sunderland, Hull and Southampton,

As you are no doubt aware, Manchester United have recently sacked David Moyes, and have employed club legend Ryan Giggs to replace him in the interim. It is widely believed that should Mr Giggs' performance be of a suitable quality, he will be considered for the role in a full time capacity.

I'm sure you can appreciate the inherent hilarity of Ryan Giggs becoming full time manager of Manchester United, and to help facilitate this, we would like to propose that you field a weakened team for your upcoming match with Manchester United.

Yours sincerely

Everyone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
NG+ only :(

At a bit of an impasse.

1. Vendrick, destroying me, struggling to get the positioning right on his left leg, barely getting 3 hits in before he kills me (might Astetic Blood Gulch for an extra Giant Soul)
2. Darklurker, can't be bothered with him yet, though I'm probably levelled enough to beat him now
3. Ancient Dragon, takes too long to get there
4. Story-path, would let me complete Cale and Naavlan questlines. Not sure if I could accidentally stumble into a point of no return, preventing me from doing those optional bosses

Did all the memories just now. Not a fan of certain NPC's stories only being completable by summoning them for boss fights, it's like I'm being punished because I like to go it alone. Also yet to use an Astetic or Soul Vessel
Traffic light gogogo

1-Get the 5th Giant Soul from the dragon or else its too frustrating and time consuming. Don't be greedy! Three hits is two too many :p One or two is enough. Roll TWICE when he swings sideways, always!
4-there's no point of no return ;)

You can't get the ring by using an Astetic? Aaah

Hixx

Dear Norwich, Sunderland, Hull and Southampton,

As you are no doubt aware, Manchester United have recently sacked David Moyes, and have employed club legend Ryan Giggs to replace him in the interim. It is widely believed that should Mr Giggs' performance be of a suitable quality, he will be considered for the role in a full time capacity.

I'm sure you can appreciate the inherent hilarity of Ryan Giggs becoming full time manager of Manchester United, and to help facilitate this, we would like to propose that you field a weakened team for your upcoming match with Manchester United.

Yours sincerely

Everyone.

Three of those teams are playing for survival.

Jesus, totally forgot about CL games this week, all I've heard is Moyes news for the last few days. I reckon it'll be a dross game, Mourinho away in the first leg probably means pack the defense against any decent side. 1-0 Atletico

jesalr

@colinttrainor
Based on difficulty of shots faced only 2 GKs that have faced at least 70 SoT have performed worse than Mignolet (Hart & Foster)
@colinttrainor
Mignolet numbers in perspective: Mannone (EPL best) conceded 32 goals vs 42.5 ExpG. Mignolet conceded 39 goals vs 35.7 ExpG
@colinttrainor
Migolet was excellent last ssn at SAFC (almost best in EPL). 2 top performing GKs for SAFC in 2 seasons. Systemic, coaching or coincidence?
@colinttrainor
As we're discussing GKs. De Gea was the best GK for saves last season in EPL. Yet another thing that went right for Fergie in final season

-

Ooooooooooooh Vito Mannone

Sell Mig for ~£10m, replace with the Don for ~£2m. Biznis.

I wonder how they count the last goal we scored against you. Technically the shot wasn't an easily saveable one, but the drop beforehand let it happen.

I love how Mourinho is always angry. Even before he went grey he was a nasty bastard.

Man, he really looks like AVB in this one (or vice versa): http://automph.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Jose-Mourinho.jpg.

He said shortly after leaving "I'm faced with a situation at work without responsibilities and the burden of living all the time without motivation". So yeah, he clearly was not exactly enjoying him time there especially at the end under Van Gaal. Probably didn't help his sister died during that period too.

wedward

@colinttrainor
Based on difficulty of shots faced only 2 GKs that have faced at least 70 SoT have performed worse than Mignolet (Hart & Foster)
@colinttrainor
Mignolet numbers in perspective: Mannone (EPL best) conceded 32 goals vs 42.5 ExpG. Mignolet conceded 39 goals vs 35.7 ExpG
@colinttrainor
Migolet was excellent last ssn at SAFC (almost best in EPL). 2 top performing GKs for SAFC in 2 seasons. Systemic, coaching or coincidence?
@colinttrainor
As we're discussing GKs. De Gea was the best GK for saves last season in EPL. Yet another thing that went right for Fergie in final season

-

Ooooooooooooh Vito Mannone

Sell Mig for ~£10m, replace with the Don for ~£2m. Biznis.

Arnie Are You OK, Are You OK, Arnie

Salvadora

Sport Witness &#8207;@Sport_Witness 3m
The usually pretty good Voetbal International reckon Van Gaal had been interesting Arsenal. Could be his camp putting pressure on #MUFC.
Wouldn't surprise me.

Lots of money, strong core of both experienced and young players, good chance for pretty much instantaneous success.

But Wenger isn't going anywhere yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom