• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 3m
The usually pretty good Voetbal International reckon Van Gaal had been interesting Arsenal. Could be his camp putting pressure on #MUFC.

Barzul

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 2m
#Arsenal U21s team to play Chelsea: Macey, Jenkinson, Ajayi, Pleguezuelo, Ormonde-Ottewill, Hayden, Diaby, Olsson, Bellerin, Toral, Akpom

He's back.

We can have Van Gaal now so if this drags on for any longer than the weekend we will be likely waiting for the end of season/summer they know exactly who they want.

Meier

This is a fun read. An excerpt:
Hi guys, how do you feel about Moyes being sacked?
Alan: Devastated.

Devastated? Don't you think he could have pulled it back? Or that they should have given him more time?
Well, that’s in their mantra, isn’t it? They announced it’d be a long-term thing. They should have given Moyes 25 years.

They should probably give him a statue and all the stuff Ferguson got, otherwise he could claim poor treatment. You know – "Look, the previous guy got all this, and what did you give me?"
Phil Neville.
Stephen: It’s a sad day. It’s a say day for football. It’s a sad day for an institution like Manchester United.
Alan: They’ve let the game down.

They’ve let themselves down.
Classic United. They’re ruining football, as usual.
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/david-moyes-sacked?

Blablurn

stoger.jpg

Randdalf

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 2m
#Arsenal U21s team to play Chelsea: Macey, Jenkinson, Ajayi, Pleguezuelo, Ormonde-Ottewill, Hayden, Diaby, Olsson, Bellerin, Toral, Akpom

He's back.

He'll play one stunning game at the start of next season and then get injured for 6 months.

K1LLER7

Not sure Ancelotti would come. Maybe if Madrid didn't win anything this year, however just the Copa will probably get him another year.

Hixx

@colinttrainor
Based on difficulty of shots faced only 2 GKs that have faced at least 70 SoT have performed worse than Mignolet (Hart & Foster)
@colinttrainor
Mignolet numbers in perspective: Mannone (EPL best) conceded 32 goals vs 42.5 ExpG. Mignolet conceded 39 goals vs 35.7 ExpG
@colinttrainor
Migolet was excellent last ssn at SAFC (almost best in EPL). 2 top performing GKs for SAFC in 2 seasons. Systemic, coaching or coincidence?
@colinttrainor
As we're discussing GKs. De Gea was the best GK for saves last season in EPL. Yet another thing that went right for Fergie in final season

-

Ooooooooooooh Vito Mannone

Sell Mig for ~£10m, replace with the Don for ~£2m. Biznis.

EmiPrime

Genuinely shameful that this is happening, or has happened. It's happened in Tottenham too, though the extent of which I don't know.

Football isn't more important than people, especially not increased revenues.

The same journalist penned this too: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/30/tottenham-new-stadium-fury-regeneration

I hope that if Spurs do build a new stadium that it happens swiftly, just rip off that bandaid and make sure everyone affected is compensated and the whole area benefits from the re-development rather than just rich landlords and real estate companies that treat homes as "investments".

Clegg

Ancelotti is the man you want to eke out that little bit extra from a top side. Wouldn't be bad for United, but I think Van Gaal would be better as he has a proven record of succeeding in establishing a solid base for a team to build on.

And Duncan Castles is hit and miss with his stories.

Tambini

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 2m

He's back.

Diaby my son! Just remember vs Liverpool last season, he was such a beast.

pls don't get injured again :(

Jarnet87

I want giggs gone. Seems like he clashed with Moyes a ton and went behind his back. Van gaal or whoever takes over needs to clean house and giggs should be one of the first to go

I've said it before but I want all of the "Class of '92" lot out of the club.

Holding the club back in the name of 'soul' or 'heart' some other irritating, meaningless label. They've done nothing to show they have anything to offer as non-players.

I want people who are good at their jobs at the club.

Clegg

Sky Sports News say United's goalkeeping coach, Chris Woods, is staying. That's a good good one imo. He's the only Moyes appointment who looked like he knew what he was doing.

Slizz

Holding the club back in the name of 'soul' or 'heart' some other irritating, meaningless label. They've done nothing to show they have anything to offer as non-players.

Funny thing is, for some reason I think Scholes could genuinely help, but I agree. Have them be like a Becks and just smile and show up for events.

Van Gaal then.

Can't see anyone else really cleaning house like him, which is necessary.

People also need to wake the fuck up, there is only one SAF, we won't get another.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So it feels like, according to Ballaque, LVG isnt a long term solution, more a 1-2 season solution, he lays the ground work but isnt going to come for the long hual. Not sure how I feel about that.

Lakitu

st5fu
So it feels like, according to Ballaque, LVG isnt a long term solution, more a 1-2 season solution, he lays the ground work but isnt going to come for the long hual. Not sure how I feel about that.

Makes perfect sense. LVG can steady the ship and lay the foundation until Klopp rejects you again.

Scum

That's what you're in for if you get Van Gaal. He'll probably be pissing people off by the end of his second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom