• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Torres just retire already. Soldado holds the ball up better than that.

Into

Its a boring match, but its not one of those intense boring matches that semi finals can be. I am watching this and often forgetting this is the SEMI FINAL of the premiere club competition

Feels more like a group stage CL game where both teams have qualified already

Arnie

Just got in, rushed home for this. Fought train delays for this.

For this.

Doesn't sound great. From the three minutes I've watched that's justified. Any big talking points that I've missed? Is Schwarzer in goal? If so what're the chances of Cech making Sunday?

Hixx

Well that freekick just about summed it up.

For this.

Doesn't sound great. From the three minutes I've watched that's justified. Any big talking points that I've missed? Is Schwarzer in goal? If so what're the chances of Cech making Sunday?

Be amazed if he recovered for the weekend.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

For this.

Cech started but Luiz pushed someone into him and he had to go off.

Elchele

For this.

tell us again about how great english football is, arnie

LegoArmo

For this.

I'd say zero, looked bad. Dislocation or break?

faridmon

Madrid won't win this tie. Cheslea are gonna defend this like their life is dependant on, and nick a goal on the return leg.

Chelse ain't Barca.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This reminds me of the United Fulham game, park the bus, 100 crosses, 0 chances

GQman2121

Banned
Think Ba would be better on this hoof it to Torres/ST plan.

No. Keep Torres on. Ba for Ramires is what I would like to see, but since we've clearly come for a draw, Ramires will stay on because of his work rate. Oscar should come on at some point though.

kmax

138269.gif

I know that Chelsea wants a good result, but come on. An away goal would be golden for you. 1-1 is better than 0-0.

That much is true. But as an spectator his football is truly tedious and kills spectacle.

He can be very offensive, but he chooses to play in the way favors more the talents, situation of his teams and his rivals.

Considering injuries, chelsea players and Atletico strenghts, this is probably the best strategy.

Arnie

Sounds ominous for his chances on Sunday. Which I won't deny pleases me. The idea of Sturridge in behind against Schwarzer is lovely.

Saying that, by the looks of it you can't get in behind Chelsea.

Not moaning, though. Fair tactic and still requires a ton of concentration and grit to play effectively. Atletico are a mad side, not surprised he isn't opening up against it. Especially without Hazard and a mentally fit striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom