• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimatum

Banned
decent half for chelsea, yeah they are parking the bus but their defensive communication is very good and all they need to do is defend until they get their attackers back for the next leg

This reminds me of the United Fulham game, park the bus, 100 crosses, 0 chances

i assume you have some sort of cognitive disease because there have been plenty of chances

Arnie

This leads to a final.
Exactly.

Can't fault Mourinho on this. His job's to get his club to the final, not to win over neutrals. That's never been his aim (which is why his embarrassing performance for the United fans at Old Trafford was so overtly pathetic).

FootballFan

Boring game blah blah

Exactly what Jose wants

He ain't pretty, but the gnarly little bastard can be damned effective.

Where did ANYONE say this isn't what Jose wants? Where did ANYONE say this isn't effective?

It's boring as fuck, is what we are saying.

premface.

Sounds ominous for his chances on Sunday. Which I won't deny pleases me. The idea of Sturridge in behind against Schwarzer is lovely.

Saying that, by the looks of it you can't get in behind Chelsea.

Not moaning, though. Fair tactic and still requires a ton of concentration and grit to play effectively. Atletico are a mad side, not surprised he isn't opening up against it. Especially without Hazard and a mentally fit striker.

Its a great rehearsal for Sunday even if realistically we cant win the title, a big game and we'll have at least 2 players back for Sunday, hopefully we will keep disciplined and it'll carry on for the next couple of games.

Need Schurrle and Oscar at some point

You only need to watch one Atletico match to understand that this is the best way, if you want a good result in the first leg.

Considering Chelsea injuries and lack of aiming you don't want to trade blows with Atletico and give them amny chances for counterattacks.

Feorax

If Chelsea get a good result (any draw or a 0-1) here, I'm guessing this is their team for Sunday.

Schwarzer; Cole, Cahill, Luiz, Apzilicueta; Lampard, Matic; Salah, Schurrle, Willian; Ba.

No need to risk any big guns at Anfield.

Yes it is. The balls will be shown at home, even hazard is ready. Anyone claiming this is the wrong way is either clueless or an arsenal supporter that don't mind losing all their big matches.

1 goal is ever so important in a CL match. Not that Chelsea exits this tournament biting themselves in the ass for not going for one in the first leg...

Rad-

Holy shit they just showed the funniest Moyes video from old United training. Players were passing the ball with Moyes between them running after the ball like a little girl. /dead

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
decent half for chelsea, yeah they are parking the bus but their defensive communication is very good and all they need to do is defend until they get their attackers back for the next leg

i assume you have some sort of cognitive disease because there have been plenty of chances

Shots from outside the box that hit players are not chances, other than one 20 yarder that went wind I legitimately cannot think of a chance, please enlighten me instead of calling me an idiot.

GQman2121

Banned
Chelsea wont be playing this way on Sunday.

Absolutely not. We've shown that we know how to defend against LFC and neutralize Suarez with four attacking players.

We have Willian on the left; Ramires on the right; Torres up top here. That won't be the case on Sunday.

Oersted

This leads to a final.

0,,16702297_303,00.jpg

Dam blues

If Chelsea get a good result (any draw or a 0-1) here, I'm guessing this is their team for Sunday.

Schwarzer; Cole, Cahill, Luiz, Apzilicueta; Lampard, Matic; Salah, Schurrle, Willian; Ba.

No need to risk any big guns at Anfield.

Rob Beasley who is known to be very close to the club/Jose said this would be our team on Sunday if we're still in the tie:

Schwarzer Cole Kalas Ake Luiz
Mikel Matic
Salah Lampard Ramires
Ba

How true that is, I have no idea but apart from Ake and Kalas I wouldnt be surprised. Ivanovic will likely be RB though and Luiz in CB seeing as Branna is suspended tonight though

mourinho is the most overrated coach of all time, given all the resources he has and the amount of money he spends all he does in big games is camp 11 players in his own pen box. so boring, there is more to football than getting results.

Can't wait to see Bayern park the bus then. It's the only way.

It's not the only way. But for Chelsea it very much of the way.

OTE=Sato Koiji;109108548]1 goal is ever so important in a CL match. Not that Chelsea exits this tournament biting themselves in the ass for not going for one in the first leg...[/QUOTE]

Worked well enough before for Chelsea.

Arnie

Absolutely not. We've shown that we know how to defend against LFC and neutralize Suarez with four attacking players.

We have Willian on the left; Ramires on the right; Torres up top here. That won't be the case on Sunday.
Sturridge's pace and a Super Saiyan Sterling could change that slightly, but I agree with the general sentiment.

We're fairly different now to the side you played at Christmas.

Walshy

mourinho is the most overrated coach of all time, given all the resources he has and the amount of money he spends all he does in big games is camp 11 players in his own pen box. so boring, there is more to football than getting results.
No, results matter.

He can play decent football when he wants, but he plays to Chelsea's strengths this season: their defence. He's a cunt but you can't take away that he's a winner everywhere he goes.

wedward

Playing like this is fine if it is your only option.

But to have spent the amount Chelsea have spent and to still play like this is pretty shocking.

Sturridge's pace and a Super Saiyan Sterling could change that slightly, but I agree with the general sentiment.

We're fairly different now to the side you played at Christmas.

all mourinho can do is sit back and have a high pressing game. so one dimensional, he has no other tactic. like watching tony pullis team

GQman2121

Banned

"....more to football than getting results"

Are you Moyes agent?

Feorax

Rob Beasley who is known to be very close to the club/Jose said this would be our team on Sunday if we're still in the tie:

Schwarzer Cole Kalas Ake Luiz
Mikel Matic
Salah Lampard Ramires
Ba

How true that is, I have no idea but apart from Ake and Kalas I wouldnt be surprised. Ivanovic will likely be RB though and Luiz in CB seeing as Branna is suspended tonight though

Interesting.

Suppose that's dependant on Ramires too.

No, results matter.

He can play decent football when he wants, but he plays to Chelsea's strengths this season: their defence. He's a cunt but you can't take away that he's a winner everywhere he goes.

results matter for fans/clubs/managers. i am neither, im a football netural who wants to watch good football. mourinho is the anti chirst. his tactical prowess is very overrated

LTWheels

Playing like this is fine if it is your only option.

But to have spent the amount Chelsea have spent and to still play like this is pretty shocking.

Yeah, such as Mourinho could have easily purchased a striker this summer instead of the players he purchased, or even played Lukaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom