• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
this 'strategy' is going to back fire. now its going to be atlitico turn to park and my god they how to do it. chelsea are going to find it very hard to break them down and u never know atletico could score from a break away. hope they do it, come on atletico

I think Madrid Athletic FC would've been happier if they had managed to get a safety cushion of a goal before going to Stamford Bridge.

London Blues have to change their plan of attack next week though when the emphasis is on them.

We will. Mikel/Lampard out will see Luiz and Ramires play in midfield.

I would expect Eto'o up top with Hazard, Oscar and Schurrle but that assumes that Hazard and Eto'o are fit.

Satisfied with a 0-0, we need better set piece takers though we cant get big chances like that in the game and do absolutely nothing with them. Pleased for Schwarzer, didnt have much to do but looked solid (more so than last weekend) when called upon.

Hopefully JT is fine for next week, Cech though will be a big loss

this 'strategy' is going to back fire. now its going to be atlitico turn to park and my god they how to do it. chelsea are going to find it very hard to break them down and u never know atletico could score from a break away. hope they do it, come on atletico

Capital letters are our friends.

subtles

tumblr_n08t2cNq5k1r1fq7do1_250.gif
tumblr_n08t2cNq5k1r1fq7do2_250.gif

PowderedToast

God I really hate ITV's coverage. Chelsea heroes? Honestly... parking the bus in a team that cost a Russian billionaire a small fortune doesn't equate to heroism.
"mou doing a tactical number on atletico"

such spinning its unreal. rolling out the bus is hardly progressive tactics.

at least liverpool benefit from this english bias next year, lol

justjohn

What makes you think our strategy will change because we're playing at home? Is there some rule that says home teams must attack or they will be disqualified?

Bumhead

Banned
God I really hate ITV's coverage. Chelsea heroes? Honestly... parking the bus in a team that cost a Russian billionaire a small fortune doesn't equate to heroism.

Chelsea won the Champions League digging their heels in to get results like this.

Was worth every penny for him then and it'll be worth every penny if this leads on to another trophy.

"Parking the bus" or good tactics. I know which one I'm going with.

Marc

Damn, missed the game, did I miss much?

Great result, have to be confident of keeping a cleansheet at home.... just who is going to score the goals? Eto'o fit by then?

GQman2121

Banned
Cahill, Mikel and Cole were all excellent for me. We were terrible on the ball. Anti tiki-taka if you will. But we did what we needed to get by.

---Lampard---Matic---
Salah--Oscar--Willian
-------Torres------

Is how we will lineup on Sunday.

Feorax

That probably went as well as it probably could from our perspective.

I say thay from an objective pov of course. Never nice to see players injured, even JT.

kmax

Fuck me, that was painful. What a waste of time.

Too bad only one team showed up to play, but I'm looking forward to see Mou crash out next week.

rodvik

One of the commentators now goes into a rant about Chelsea. :D

Someone paid a lot of money to travel quite a bit to watch his team park the bus and then he proceeds to flip off the Atletico fans? I don't even.

It maybe that their fans and stadium have a rep for being hostile. I was surprised this week how many old school Villa fans were talking about how much they HATE Atlético because of how they were treated when they went there.

Old wounds have never healed apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom