• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cahill, Mikel and Cole were all excellent for me. We were terrible on the ball. Anti tiki-taka if you will. But we did what we needed to get by.

---Lampard---Matic---
Salah--Oscar--Willian
-------Torres------

Is how we will lineup on Sunday.

We need to start Ba. He comes on for 20 minutes against PSG, puts us through. Plays against Swansea gets the winner. He has shown in my opinion he has the basics of what we need much more than Torres away from home. Playing at home has to be Eto'o as hes only scored for us at SB but away from home its Ba time.

Their strikers are crap and two of their best attacking players (Oscar, Hazard) were not available for that game.

Yeah, so when West Ham a massively inferior team park the bus it's 19th century football but when Chelsea do it with arguably a better or at least equal team to their opponents it's a tactical masterclass?

Seriously instead of fawning over Chelsea's display the pundits should be chewing Mourinho out for being the biggest hypocrite in football.

I absolutely love neutrals whinging about the approach. By all means have your squads go out and try to go toe to toe with teams you aren't going to match. I'll happily be the guy who supports the team who park the bus then clamp the wheels all the way to victory.

tumblr_n08t2cNq5k1r1fq7do1_250.gif
tumblr_n08t2cNq5k1r1fq7do2_250.gif

I knew this would be brought up, but in fact Atletico won just with the same strategy against Barcelona. Chelsea invited Madrid to play down the flanks and cross knowing they are superior in the air.

Scum

You lads just don't learn, do you? Mou will be laughing his ass off at us when he, once again, reaches the final.

Moobabe

We need to start Ba. He comes on for 20 minutes against PSG, puts us through. Plays against Swansea gets the winner. He has shown in my opinion he has the basics of what we need much more than Torres away from home. Playing at home has to be Eto'o as hes only scored for us at SB but away from home its Ba time.

Yep - I think Ba will cause Liverpool more problems than Torres will.

José Mourinho;109117827 said:
I absolutely love neutrals whinging about the approach. By all means have your squads go out and try to go toe to toe with teams you aren't going to match. I'll happily be the guy who supports the team who park the bus then clamp the wheels all the way to victory.
I chalk it up to jealousy. Other teams wish they had someone like Mourinho.

Well, he deserved it. Only Madrid fanatics defend Mou in Spain.

Yeah. What little respect I had for Mourinho died when he poked Tito Villanova in the eye for no reason and then claimed he didn't know who he was.

He's a despicable man, at possibly the most despicable club in European football.

kmax

And the team that played didn't even play well.....Yeah a boring match

No doubt, they were terrible, but I have an utter dislike for teams that park the bus for the entirety of a game. As a neutral, you want exciting stuff, and not watch paint dry .

Bumhead

Banned

Too many modern football fans either don't understand or just don't want to see the defensive side of the game, and have no better way to discuss that than trotting out comments like "parking the bus".

Both teams like to park the bus, Mou managed to park the bus before Simeone could. Mou wins tactical battle.

I had this hilarious image of a single parking spot in the Champions League parking lot. Simeone is edging towards it and is trying to back in to the spot in reverse. When suddently out of no where, Mou arrives in a Ferrari and powerslides into the spot at the last moment before Simeone can get in.

Moobabe

A Chelsea fan willing to support any team that's victorious even if it parks the bus? Who ever saw that coming? ;-)

But hey, to quote one of the greatest managers of all time:"Modern is who wins."

Tell me a side who wouldn't want to win the Champions League if it meant "parking the bus"

Answers on a postcard

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WHO CARES if he was parking the bus :lol certainly not Chelsea!

0-0 away from home in a semifinal. That's all that matters.

The success of this match can only really be viewed upon the outcome of the Stamford Bridge tie.

If Chelsea lose there this is going to look an even more pathetic performance in retrospect. Of course it'll be treated as masterful if Chelsea win.

I'd personally fancy Bilbao to get the win at the Bridge. They're just a more dangerous attacking football team.

wedward

Too many modern football fans either don't understand or just don't want to see the defensive side of the game, and have no better way to discuss that than trotting out comments like "parking the bus".

Chelsea aren't Bradford or some lower division team. They have spent an insane amount of money.

Yeah. What little respect I had for Mourinho died when he poked Tito Villanova in the eye for no reason and then claimed he didn't know who he was.

He's a despicable man, at possibly the most despicable club in European football.

Hey at least Chelsea aren't involved in child trafficking. Mourinho would poke an eye or two, play defensive shit football and Roman will have tricked the Russian government making him rich. But at least we don't have child slaves.

subtles

Did any reporters mention his Internazionale after that response?

Not that I'm aware of.

He's too charming for anyone to attempt that sort of confrontation.

The Barcelona-Inter match was legendary it has to be said.

DerZuhälter;109117947 said:
I knew this would be brought up, but in fact Atletico won just with the same strategy against Barcelona. Chelsea invited Madrid to play down the flanks and cross knowing they are superior in the air.

I couldn't care less how Chelsea play. I just find these GIFs brilliant.

Gurthang

Banned
The success of this match can only really be viewed upon the outcome of the Stamford Bridge tie.

If Chelsea lose there this is going to look an even more pathetic performance in retrospect. Of course it'll be treated as masterful if Chelsea win.

I'd personally fancy Bilbao to get the win at the Bridge. They're just a more dangerous attacking football team.

Nah. SB can be brutal. They will get a shitty goal like they did against Barca in 2009 and 2012 and park the bus again.

GQman2121

Banned

I agree, but I just think Torres will start given it may be his last game ever at Anfield and that might motivate him to play well. Probably not...

I definitely don't want to see Eto'o or Hazard if they're not completely fit.

PowderedToast

people should be asking questions why chelsea's squad isn't a match for atletico madrid.

FootballFan

Yea Bilbao do have a chance.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im all for teams doing what wins, hell ive been watching United bumblefuck around all season with nothing to show for it. That being said its horrible as a neutral to watch a semi final played like that, feels like being robbed of a good game. Heres hoping tomorrows game is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom