• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
I just put 10 on a 4-0 drubbing parlay with Costa being first and 3rd scorer.

ibqKXm3B7PUbsz.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Chelsea aren't Bradford or some lower division team. They have spent an insane amount of money.

So?

You're equating spending money with expecting to win attractive every week? That's not how the game works. It's not how football works.

There is more than one way to win a game of footbal. There is more than one way to approach a two-legged semi final of a major competition.

Chelsea have spent a lot of money and they stuck to their game plan to a nth perfection to get the result they wanted. So what's the problem?

Too many modern football fans either don't understand or just don't want to see the defensive side of the game, and have no better way to discuss that than trotting out comments like "parking the bus".
It's absurd. The footballing purists are welcome to play their semifinals whichever way they want. They just need to get there first.
people should be asking questions why chelsea's squad isn't a match for atletico madrid.
That would be a perfectly reasonable point to raise. But for whatever reason, we aren't, and so you play how you have to.

Feorax

I agree, but I just think Torres will start given it may be his last game ever at Anfield and that might motivate him to play well. Probably not...

I definitely don't want to see Eto'o or Hazard if they're not completely fit.

Hazard coming on at all at the weekend would be stupidity of the highest order.

You've seen how Flanagan tackles.

Zabojnik

Alright, hurry up with the post-match talk, so we can discuss how amazing windowed borderless gaming on PC is.

Why was I not made aware of this before?

I agree, but I just think Torres will start given it may be his last game ever at Anfield and that might motivate him to play well. Probably not...

I definitely don't want to see Eto'o or Hazard if they're not completely fit.

I dont think that will work at this point. Ba is the best option

And playing Eto'o away from home is pointless anyway

Pls, that Essien goal was beautiful.

You said "at possibly the most despicable club in European football.". Which I disagreed with. I'm not too good with school stuff, but IIRC, Barcelona is in Europe.

Whilst Barça may deserve a ban the "child trafficking" they've committed it's a million miles away from the generally accepted idea of what child trafficking is.

Moobabe

Barcelona

They seem to be having a great season playing "attractive" football.

Out of all major competitions, paying millions to the tax man and fudging numbers to bring a player over from Brazil and a transfer ban for breaching laws.

More than a club indeed.

But hey - at least the football is "good" to watch!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They deserve it...pompous cunts.

you don't <3

Out of all major competitions, paying millions to the tax man and fudging numbers to bring a player over from Brazil and a transfer ban for breaching laws.

More than a club indeed.

YES MOYES

When Mou finishes 3rd in the PL and gets shamed out by Atletico in the return leg, does Abramovich fire him? He would if it was anyone else.

Whilst Barça may deserve a ban the "child trafficking" they've committed it's a million miles away from the generally accepted idea of what child trafficking is.

:

Was reading this Danish sport magazine, that I somehow never heard of before and their exchange (for well over a year) with fifa about Barca and child trafficking. Some good stuff, seems like they put legit pressure on Fifa for a long period of time and released them with their magazines. The extreme case they bring up being Lionel Enguene coming to Barcelona alone, from Cameroun, as a 9 year old, without his parents who only goes to visit once a year, certainly més que un club.

Sounds very much like child trafficking to me.

Buying RAM is like the tech equivalent of buying socks, isn't it? 4GB just doesn't cut it anymore, though :(

Boo.

Just download them bro.

More than a club indeed.

and they have dominated world football like chelsea never have and never will. they have left a legacy, chelsea legacy is abramovich.

L1NETT

Right random here, but how good was Dean Ashton

Got linked a tribute of him, and fuck. Unluckiest footballer ever. We could have had him up front for England.

Damn you SWP.

Is always a pleasure to enjoy football with you guys. I said it before and I say it again. I really don´t know how I didn´t discover FooGAF earlier, but fuck I´m glad that I did.

Moobabe

and they have dominated world football like chelsea never have and never will. they have left a legacy, chelsea legacy is abramovich.

The legacy of sideways passing and giving the ball to Messi.

I know - I've seen them play!

Right random here, but how good was Dean Ashton

Got linked a tribute of him, and fuck. Unluckiest footballer ever. We could have had him up front for England.

Damn you SWP.

He was so good - SWP ruins everything.

When Mou finishes 3rd in the PL and gets shamed out by Atletico in the return leg, does Abramovich fire him? He would if it was anyone else.

But it isn't anyone else. Of course Mourinho got more time than most other managers, also helps that unlike AVB the squad really likes him, unlike Benitez the fans really like him and unlike RDM he's actually a good manager. No offense to RDM, I love him and him winning CL for Chelsea is one of the most amazing things ever.

arkon

More than a club indeed.

It's all about the journey to get there. They'll be laughing when they've done the quadruple next season. The lows of this season will make the highs higher.

K1LLER7

Is always a pleasure to enjoy football with you guys. I said it before and I say it again. I really don´t know how I didn´t discover FooGAF earlier, but fuck I´m glad that I did.
Good to have a regular posting Atletico fan here.

Hopefully you guys can win the league :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom