• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Saints clearly better on the day overall as a team. Everton just didn't have it. Both of these sides are guilty of looking outmatched from time to time, but it's poor timing for Everton.

Clyne highlights they just played were great.

Ingeniero

YES.
lol Everton, you blew it, you may not have a chance at CL football for many years.

Alright gunners, time to start preparing the celebrations.

67m? In the Scottish third division? wat

how

No idea, 'only' 10 million on player wages... I suspect its something to do with the revolving door that is our boardroom and the constant payoffs and bonuses that go around. Its more or less people employing their mates, but there's a conspiracy theory going around that isn't too far fetched that they want the finances to be so bad that the only option is to sell the stadium for dirt cheap to one of their mates who'll lease it back.

I don't trust anyone on the board at the moment, and it really feels like we're gonna be financially crippled for quite some time unless the fans can starve the club back into administration and hope Dave King (the one guy who's interested who is actually a rangers fan) buys the club, hopefully with some fan ownership.

Shit times, I don't expect Rangers back competing for the title for 6/7 years - that's if everything happens perfectly as most fan groups want it.

Louis van Gaal's core tactics (translated from an interview):

Organisation:

- passing distance – 12 to 18 yards
- even if a mistake is made, the players keep on rotating as to keep the pace going

Content:

- the receiving player is supposed to run away from his marker with an explosive sprint, into the ball
- if the player turns away on the right hand side, the ball needs to be passed on the right foot
- if the player turns away on the left hand side, the left foot
- there needs to be continuous movement without the ball
- the ball needs to be passed as fast as possible
- players should ask the maximum of one another, making mistakes is not a problem, the main condition is utter concentration

Comments:

- the triangle format is chosen as it represents the system the team plays in the matches… (left back/left midfield/left wing or leftback/centerback/centermidfield or leftback, leftmidfield, centermidfield, etc etc)….
- the triangle offers most of the often occurring passing options like players will encounter on the pitch.

Variance:

- Van Gaal changes instructions sometimes, allowing players only touch, or two touches, or a bounce back first…
- sometimes the passing player needs to track back around a marker
- sometimes a player needs to sprint to the next marker and the pass needs to be perfect in pace
- finding the third player

King_Moc

Banned
Dagenham might have a shit ground, with the away fans filling up the largest stand, but they're willing to sell away fans beer before kick off at least. Doesn't always happen at this level. Cheers Dagenham!

BmJvqUDIYAE4A6G.png

:lol

I love him, I don't care.

pulsemyne

Wow the swansea v aston villa match could end up being festival of comedy errors today. The weather is frigging awful. Blowing and pissing down like crazy.

GQman2121

Banned
Who would you buy in their place?

I would find it hard to believe they would be that stupid but anything is possible.

No one for their direct positions.

We need another LB. We need to get in the Shaw conversation and we to get in there fast.

We actually have decent depth for our backline now with Zouma coming in, but a new LB allowing Azpilicueta to move to RB and Ivanovic to CB would be ideal.

I think a CMF from the pool of players we already own should be allowed to fight it out. A bit of Van Ginkel with Matic would be nice to see tomorrow.

deroli

Meh, only shit games in the Bundesliga this afternoon. No exciting matches in the Best League In The World either and La Liga's big teams don't play until tonight. What am I supposed to do right now? Watch fucking Hoppenheim against Frankfurt in the multicast?

Dagenham might have a shit ground, with the away fans filling up the largest stand, but they're willing to sell away fans beer before kick off at least. Doesn't always happen at this level. Cheers Dagenham!

I'd love get beer at football, fucks sake Scotland.

If I go in half-cut I'm getting a hangover before I can get into a pub after the game, I'd love to pay 4 pound a pint just to stop this.

Clegg

I liked that Southampton chant today.

We're Southampton
We don't need to score
Who needs Rodriguez
We've got your back for

pulga

Banned
Bayern losing again?

Reckon Pep might get the sack if this continues to the end of the season? moonface.webm

edit: nvm, just saw the score

King_Moc

Banned
I'd love get beer at football, fucks sake Scotland.

If I go in half-cut I'm getting a hangover before I can get into a pub after the game, I'd love to pay 4 pound a pint just to stop this.

It's a real problem. I agree with not letting people drink in viewed the game though. Too many crazy people about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom