• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

BlXvREPCUAAiRdb.jpg:large

Look at this face. Vito come here. I will give you a hug :(

Call me a defeatist twat (because that's what I am) but that's given us the much needed cushion for error, we can afford to draw one of our remaining games as long as we beat Chelsea (I think), or we can draw to Chelsea and win the rest

There's no chance we're winning 14 in a row, it's unheard of for a team that isn't comfortably the best in their league to do that, so this is much-needed

Its a good mentality. When we looked at our run-in I saw people say that we will not lose in it and then we lost to Villa and Palace. Teams are almost always likely to slip up, so you're right, you can afford to drop points (most sensible match to look at would be our match and getting a draw) and still win it.

Elchele

I missed the rest of the match (after the penalty). Could anyone clarify in what position did Gotze, Javi and Rafinha played when coming in? And what's up with 1FCK scoring?

TeddyBoy

With City dropping points against Sunderland, it'll be interesting if this changes Mourinho's priority list regarding trophies this season.

Previously if Chelsea beat Liverpool, City could still win the title. Now with City slipping Chelsea could take the driving seat in the league if they beat us.

What do ChelseaGAF think: Will Mourinho prioritise the Premier league or the Champions league?

Marc

You used about 2 years begging him to go back. Now you have to deal with it.

Actually, if he comes cheap we can take him at Chelsea.

You would want him? Remember him being a total prick against Chelsea a fair few times, with some really Xavi like comments. Was it the Carling cup final he tried starting a fight with the entire Chelsea team?

For the prem title race, the Sunderland game shows why you can't count your points in this league. No way are Chelsea and Liverpool not dropping points against the likes of Palace, think we will see a few more shock results.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kompany has been pretty shit this year hasn't he? Vertonghen too. Kokorin and Kerzhakov are going to rip Belgium apart in Brazil.

Lots of last seasons good Belgians have been shit this season. Benteke, Mirallas, Dembele, have been mostly gash.

Thinking too much about the WC I guess.

Barzul

With City dropping points against Sunderland, it'll be interesting if this changes Mourinho's priority list regarding trophies this season.

Previously if Chelsea beat Liverpool, City could still win the title. Now with City slipping Chelsea could take the driving seat in the league if they beat us.

What do ChelseaGAF think: Will Mourinho prioritise the Premier league or the Champions league?

He'll never get a better chance to win the CL at Chelsea with two of the strongest teams playing each other. He'll defo give that bigger priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom