• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
This thread sucks

There is more talk of what City players buy on eBay and like on their bagels than there is of the Championship (best league in the world)

charlton 4 lyf bro, they wear dynamic colours

Hahah what the fuck?! How stupid

the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford is one of the best films of the decade; casey affleck is IMMENSE, and brad pitt aint too bad either. casey is absolutely fantastic in gone baby gone as well.

It's the best film of the millennium so far. I can understand why people don't like it (and Tinker Tailor, no hate here Fady
fuck Chelsea and Barca
) but for me its just incredible

jtb

Banned
charlton 4 lyf bro, they wear dynamic colours

Hahah what the fuck?! How stupid

It's the best film of the millennium so far. I can understand why people don't like it (and Tinker Tailor, no hate here Fady
fuck Chelsea and Barca

I'd take Zodiac over it (as a massive Fincher fan), but yeah, it's up there. dat nick cave soundtrack... soooo good.

Fady K

No man, just us Barca guys like to repeat things, like the team likes to pass over and over again, we like to multi-quote over and over again. :p

Haha! I love that, brilliant :D

Last one I promise!

Miloooooooooooooooooos

IXItZ.jpg

One lucky team is going to get him next season. ;)

Awesome photos :D Post as many as u want. You have every right to ;D This thread is all about football passion in the end after all :D

Fady has been outFadied... forever.

I told you A Black Falcon was the real deal.

It appears that my era of dominance has come to an end :'( I pass the torch to the legendary falcon.

Carbonox

If Milos' career at Juve doesn't work out, he should become a professional Patrick Swayze lookalike. Learn some martial arts, get in Expendables 3 under the name of Patrik Swayzee. It's the only way.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd take Zodiac over it (as a massive Fincher fan), but yeah, it's up there. dat nick cave soundtrack... soooo good.

Zodiac's brilliant as well, yeah. Haven't seen it in years though, bought the Blu Ray recently.

You see Nick Cave's written the screenplay for this? Great cast and director

GQman2121

Banned
Gone Baby Gone was a terrible picture. Ben Afleck did much better with The Town. His little brother is quite the actor though.

Zodiac's brilliant as well, yeah. Haven't seen it in years though, bought the Blu Ray recently.

The movie looks amazing on Bluray. The outdoor scenes in particular are phenomenal.

Meier

Gone Baby Gone was a terrible picture. Ben Afleck did much better with The Town. His little brother is quite the actor though.

Loved Gone Baby Gone although The Town is definitely superior. Argo (his next) trailer is apparently going to be attached to Dark Shadows this weekend.

jtb

Banned

You see Nick Cave's written the screenplay for this? Great cast and director

nick cave is fucking great, as is hillcoat. proposition was good, and I know the road was a bit polarizing; I preferred the book (as did most I think), but it was still a really engaging film. and with hardy, oldman, chastain, and GUY PEARCE... hypeee.

also, lolol shia lebouf... how does he keep landing these roles?

whaaaa. I like the town, but gone baby gone was just on a totally different level. ben affleck's fantastic at directing white-trash-boston films, he's got a great feel for the city. plus casey's a far better actor than ben, he's got a really powerful mix of charisma and innocence - which is just perfect for jesse james and gone baby gone.

Wilbur

Banned
First category is singers... question: famous singers and their nicknames!

Satchmo is Louis Armstrong
J-Lo is Jennifer Lopez
Baby Spice is Emma Bunton

I don't know the rest :( would go for Louis Armstrong

elseanio

Managed to get a ticket for tonight, I want us to put in a good performance.

It's a choice for Chelsea between resting players for the CL final and hoping they get into the CL through winning it, or playing their strongest team and trying to win their last games and finish 4th. Whatever they choose, I hope we play a strong team and at no matter what the result at the end, at least look as if we want to win, which we didn't for too long on Saturday.

Agger did an interview with .tv after the final saying that he knew they didn't play well at all for the first hour, so hopefully the rest of the players know that and will be wanting to make up for it, even though we can't achieve much in the league now besides an extra few hundred thousand quid from league positions.

Where you sat? I'm in 205

Fady K

Sorry to talk about games but holy shit at Max Payne 3.

15th May is a big date for games!

I'll miss the nighttime New York theme though! I have this thing for night time in games. It's so weird.

It was so refreshing in Assassin's Creed II, as the first game was set during the day the whole time :/ The same with LA Noire, I absolutely loved it when a mission took place at night. Strange, I know.

Puyol , noooooo :(

Awwww, sucks :/ I wonder if Villa will be fit!

If Chelsea win tonight, I'm gonna be pissed.

If Torres scores I'm going to cry.

At Anfield? Very, very small chance. Plus Cech and Drobga aren't playing tonight; Torres is very ineffective against Liverpool (last 2 games against them were among his worst). Even if Chelsea pull out a miracle win, 4th place is off. Tottenham and Newcastle losing? No way.
If Di Matteo believed there was a chance he would have started a stronger team.

Oh I have. Finished monkey island but got tired of sam and max already on the first episode. Then I tried Jurassic Park and lost all hope for the walking dead as it looked like more of the same.

What did you think of Tales :D? I am prepared to go through the bad game that is Jurassic Park due to how short it is and how much I don't mind Telltale even when they're kind of shitty. I actually finished one of their CSI games lol. As for Sam and Max - it can be slow, but if you ever had the patience to go through it, do so :]

It must have been my maturity

Most likely ;D

jtb

Banned
I'll miss the nighttime New York theme though! I have this thing for night time in games. It's so weird.

It was so refreshing in Assassin's Creed II, as the first game was set during the day the whole time :/ The same with LA Noire, I absolutely loved it when a mission took place at night. Strange, I know.

nothing weird about it at all; that oppressive new york noir feel in setting and in plot/characters (mixed with appropriate levels of cheese) was what made the original two max paynes so goddamn memorable. max payne 2 is STILL the best third person shooter; plays great and looks even better, despite being ten-odd years old, because it's got that atmosphere. because no remedy, and no sam lake, i'm still apprehensive about MP3.

Wilbur

Banned
I would have 32, yeahhhhh!!!!!! football sucks, pointless is better

Man in Black - Johnny Cash
Modfather - Paul Weller
Ol' Blue Eyes - Sinatra
The Boss - Springsteen
Godfather of Soul - I KNOW IT BUT CAN'T REMEMBER

Would probably go for Weller

Fady K

This thread sucks

There is more talk of what City players buy on eBay and like on their bagels than there is of the Championship (best league in the world)

Sooooo sorry about what happened Jeff :( I can't imagine how you must be feeling. It bothers me that Kean will stay! Whatever happens, I hope to see you guys come right back!

the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford is one of the best films of the decade; casey affleck is IMMENSE, and brad pitt aint too bad either. casey is absolutely fantastic in gone baby gone as well.

Affleck is incredible, definitely. Even though I didn't enjoy the A.O.J.J, I was very entertained by Affleck's performance.

How old are you, Footy-GAF?

I'm doing 25 in two months.

27 in September :D

You're dead to me now Fady. Your Jesse James opinion is WRONNGGGGGG

Haha I know, I know, a lot of people are nuts about it. Give me credit for actually watching it the whole way through ;D Let me re-iterate: it wasn't BAD to me, it was just dull :p Some scenes were enjoyable though. Good cinematography too.

I would have 32, yeahhhhh!!!!!! football sucks, pointless is better

Man in Black - Johnny Cash
Modfather - Paul Weller
Ol' Blue Eyes - Sinatra
The Boss - Springsteen
Godfather of Soul - I KNOW IT BUT CAN'T REMEMBER

Would probably go for Weller

Yeah, there's a reason my grandma watches this.

Fady K

You lie :p 22!

fuck Chelsea and Barca

I am honored when a fan of a team I used to hate with a passion curses my teams and I smile back in return and say: I still love you Wil :p But yeah, it happens bro. I can understand for instance why people would not give a damn about Tin Tin for instance whereas I went nuts over it.

nothing weird about it at all; that oppressive new york noir feel in setting and in plot/characters (mixed with appropriate levels of cheese) was what made the original two max paynes so goddamn memorable. max payne 2 is STILL the best third person shooter; plays great and looks even better, despite being ten-odd years old, because it's got that atmosphere. because no remedy, and no sam lake, i'm still apprehensive about MP3.

Nice to see someone gets what I mean! I felt the night time setting was a great part of the Max Payne experience. The same with the Darkness, or the Resident Evil games. I could go on forever. I hated how daytime played a big role in RE5.

Remedy seems to have given the seal of approval on Max Payne 3 though (even though that could be obvious); as for Sam, he is cowriting a prequel graphic novel for it!

Meier

Just turned 29 a week ago today. Can't believe I'll be 30 next year and when I'm 31 oasis will have been my favorite band for 20 years. Hard to imagine. :eek:

City would welcome Given back as backup keeper. Seems to be good friends with the City squad too.

If you like Given, you should want him to get time as a 1st team keeper. Anyways, I'm hoping that the reports of Lerner willing to splash the cash are true, while the rumors of McLeish staying are not. If the former is true, I don't see why we can't pick up Dzeko (especially when Liverpool purchase Bent for 35 million :D)

This thread sucks

I'll follow the Championship with you next year, but I'll need to decide on a team. Blackburn, and Wednesday are out since we already have fans in the thread. If West Ham don't get promoted, they are out too. I'm already leaning towards Derby County OR Nottingham Forest...Be warned. I want the Brian Clough connection.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
lol Rangers should have just went with him...

Why are they stalling? Sell your club and survive holy shit.
Matt Slater ‏ @mattslaterbbc

Unbelievable. Just spoke to Miller's PR man in Glasgow, I was his 2nd call, 1st came from Rangers to check it was true #RFC

:lol :lol :lol

It was their own fault for this:

AsYsKUNCMAAaM5x.jpg

Kyoufu

Matt Slater ‏ @mattslaterbbc

Unbelievable. Just spoke to Miller's PR man in Glasgow, I was his 2nd call, 1st came from Rangers to check it was true #RFC

:lol :lol :lol

It was their own fault for this:

AsYsKUNCMAAaM5x.jpg

That is absolutely pathetic. Their club is about to be wiped off existence and they're being racist?

lol, what a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom