• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

That seems expensive, did you guys check out soccer.com

Soccer.com is pretty in line with a lot of other providers it looks like. Kun Aguero Argentina shirt is $110 which is what World Soccer Shop was charging when I looked before. Soccer.com also has Kun's City shirt (both home and away) for $110.

From MCFC.co.uk, the home shirt is only $60 (Kitbag runs the MCFC shop) while the away shirt is $43. I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the lettering and numbering on the shirt from the official site/Kitbag. They're a bit translucent. I also got the PL patches and they weren't done particularly well (a bit scrunched when they arrived).

Manager

Soccer.com is pretty in line with a lot of other providers it looks like. Kun Aguero Argentina shirt is $110 which is what World Soccer Shop was charging when I looked before. Soccer.com also has Kun's City shirt (both home and away) for $110.

From MCFC.co.uk, the home shirt is only $60 (Kitbag runs the MCFC shop) while the away shirt is $43. I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the lettering and numbering on the shirt from the official site/Kitbag. They're a bit translucent. I also got the PL patches and they weren't done particularly well (a bit scrunched when they arrived).

Why is name-adding so expensive on the official site? I mean you pay ~£50 for the shirt and then they want £15 to just add some player's name on it. If they're gonna overcharge they might as well just do it on the shirt, instead of demanding £15 for 6-7 letters.

Is it similar for other clubs? I can't check now since all shops seems to have sale on shirts.

Slizz

My printing from Kitbag was also a bit see-thru, but I just attributed that to the black lines in the United away kit... Interesting to hear the same thing happened to you, didn't get PL patches though...

Messi

Dude I'd totally go with Triads again regardless of ship time. For some reason the Spain away kit is more expensive than the France one on Kitbag. 96$ compared to 88$

RDDPM.png

and then for some reason the Dutch home on Kitbag is like 140$

Plus no printing.

EDIT:

How far are you into the show now? Up to season 3 yet?

The Dutch kit you are looking at is the Authentic player kit, they sell the replica also.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Disco Benny breaking my heart in France Football interview LOL :(

:lol

He just wants a pay raise, he says that clearly in the interview.

"If there is a change at Tottenham - some more money is made available - I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens."

Benny enjoys trolling.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Btw, I found this old thread I made from 2006.. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123365.

For those who think I'm some new fan.. just new (well, a few months now) to Football-GAF! ;) Looks like the EPL was still not particularly well represented in the 2009 update: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365820

Arsenal Gunners: brooklyngooner, hadereud, Shinobi, woodchuck
Blackburn Rovers: mama_smurf
Bolton Wanderers: Osorio
Chelsea Blues: SolidSnakeX
Leeds United Whites: Google
Liverpool Reds: Fowler, stevie gerrard
Manchester City Blues: Meier
Manchester United Red Devils: psycho_snake, ryck. ElyrionX, enshi
Newcastle United Magpies: Triumph
West Ham Irons: ghost

o_O

Ushojax

At least BAE is refreshingly honest.

He said the same thing last summer when PSG wanted him. SSN asked Harry about it (through his car window, natch) and he just joked 'he probably wants a bit more money from the chairman'. BAE is a professional and just like Modric, his current wage probably doesn't reflect his status in the team.

Slizz

Btw, I found this old thread I made from 2006.. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123365. For those who think I'm some new fan.. just new (well, a few months now) to Football-GAF! ;)

Looks like the EPL was still not particularly well represented in the 2009 update: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365820.

Thread started a year before I was approved as a member. Woulda been awesome to have posted in that.

EDIT: I'm the first post in the second thread lmao. Didn't get added and I didn't mention United =(. At the time I was more concerned that the Miami Hurricanes made it on the list.

Benny enjoys trolling.

I know. I don't think anyone wants to buy him anyway. But if does go then I hope he gets his dream move to City. £100,000 a week, many fancy tracksuits and haircuts, metro season ticket... he will be in disco heaven.

Zabojnik

I'm not entirely sure Dzeko would suit the style of play in Serie A. It's very different to England and Germany were strength and exceptional aerial ability can get you far. I'm not saying he's a crock with his feet, far from it, just that his greatest strengths don't really pair up with that league.

Not that it will happen but I think Van Persie's a perfect fit for Juve. Someone who's technically superb so when Pirlo threads the ball through it's almost a certain goal.

Jesus christ, just imagine Buffon, Chiellini, Pirlo and Van Persie. That's a spine of absolute superlatives.

Cavani, Van Persie, Dzeko ... we'll take anybody! Cavani would be absolutely perfect for us and the most affordable wage-wise, but's he's not coming for obvious reasons. :/ Van Persie is either staying or leaving for a top 5 team I think, so that leaves Dzeko. I didn't think City would be willing to let him go that easily, but if you guys are optimistic about it ... I'd be more than happy to welcome him to Juve, since he kind of promised he'd come, only to then go where the big bucks are. His paycheck may be a problem, though. We seem to have a pretty strict idea of what our salary cap should be and I don't know how our best players would react to a primadonna like Dzeko making twice as much as they do. From this point of view Cavani would be just fucking perfect. He's getting about 2mil at Napoli, we could easily double that. But I'm sure PSG are already writing that 40mil€+ check to De Laurentis ...

I'm not sure who we are going to get to play on our right. But I just saw the Elia wanting to leave. Fine, then. But I think if that's true then, frankly, we should give Krasic another go. Perhaps we go for another RWer or it's just Estigarribia and Giaccherini compete with Pepe, but you got to think we need somebody on the right to provide a creative spark, especially if Vucinic goes down--unless we want to seitch to 3-5-2.

If we sell them both, I think we get our money back from Elia or just about, so 8-9m, and for Krasic we get 12-15m, maybe about 20m in total combined. What choice will we have in that case but to spring for a new forward in addition to a ST. Dzsudzak? Do we join the Hazard race? Maybe we just bring back... Giovinco. I mean, it all seems to make sense for his arrival now, doesn't it?

Kolarov is for sale. 7-8m? Good competition for Paolino, plus his experience, and he knows the league.

Krasic ... I don't know man. Conte just doesn't seem to appreciate him and I think there's a good reason for that. Not the brighest player, is he? He's fast, I'll give him that, but he ALWAYS goes for the same damn thing. Head down, kick the ball forward, hope for the best. He's anything but creative. I think we should sell both him and Elia and get a promising RWer who'll compete with Pepe. We should be buying the players we need for both 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 anyway. The option to change formations on the fly was one of our secret weapons this season, we should go forward with it.

I think you're being a bit optimistic about what we can get for Krasic and Elia. :) They are both players we kind of *have to* sell and anybody dealing with Marotta will know that. Same goes for Melo. But you never know ... Yeah, Giovinco's return is almost certain at this point, especially if Conte really seems to like him as they're saying.

We're up for an exciting summer mercato, that's for sure.

dc89

Why is name-adding so expensive on the official site? I mean you pay ~£50 for the shirt and then they want £15 to just add some player's name on it. If they're gonna overcharge they might as well just do it on the shirt, instead of demanding £15 for 6-7 letters.

Is it similar for other clubs? I can't check now since all shops seems to have sale on shirts.

I paid like £60 for my City shirt this season with printing and patches.

Now you can get a home shirt with free printing for £25 I think.

/PR

Got my tickets for the last 3 Copenhagen league games, haven't really gone much this season after seeing nearly all home games last season. All with free transport as the club is desperate enough to pay the fans for it.

Ushojax

Liverpool's only hope is that Chelsea rest a few players. Chelsea barely had to get out of first gear on Saturday, Liverpool looked like a League Two side for most of the game.

I hope Liverpool get one over on them because the last day is going to be nerve-wracking enough with 3 teams going for 3rd/4th.

Fady K

Man, catching up on GAF is always fun :]

Yaya rejected the Champagne and said it's because he's a Muslim.

How I want to hate you Yaya, how I want to...I just can't.

Respect +1. Ribery seems to be the same, I recall seeing pics of him and the team at the Oktoberfest (is that what it's called?) and he was the only one not holding a drink.

HAHA! It's like the back of Mancini's head cursed him. What timing.

Square-Enix is a pathetic excuse for a company.

Excluding their handling of western properties. They've published quality this generation - Deus Ex, Batman Arkham Asylum (well, the published this in Japan and handled the distribution of the title), upcoming Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution look great too, etc.

Yes. It's crazy, but Square Enix has become an great PUBLISHER of WESTERN games lol. Hitman and Tomb Raider look GREAT!

If Chelsea had beaten Newcastle in the week we'd be in a great position to capitalise right now. Freaking hindsight.

We tend to never take advantage these days :'( Lesson learned from losing to Newcastle hopefully; mark Cisse better next time. Look at how Kompany did it. Like a boss.

ere's our buzzer crying, he scored in the game against newcastle that won us the title in 68

Is that really him? What a season this must be for him if so.

I hate fighting games coz I'm terrible at them.

What sucks about them is the amount of commitment each one asks of you, and heck, they are all different. I tend to play them for fun, knowing that I suck :p I look forward to screwing around with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken 6 for a few days this summer. Oh, and Persona 4 Arena :D Sometimes it's fun to go through the story mode, as silly as they can be.

I'm 19 in August, so one of the youngest I think. Massive cock for my age though.

Always thought you were around my age for some reason :D

Me too lets be bros.

Me three :D Well, almost! This September I'll be joining you guys :p Unless you turn 28 before then.

I am 26 in 9 days. You guys better shower me with Olivia based gifs/presents on May 16th. You have been warned internet friends and viva.

Hope u have a wonderful bday bro : ] Close to when the new kit comes out :]

Fady actually responds to the quotes!

I try for the most part :p

Whoever it was that talked about the walking dead game in here, fuck yeah, finished the first episode the other day in one sitting and it was great.

Telltale FTW. You owe it to yourself to at least try Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Tales of Monkey Island - PC, PSN, whichever : ]

Telltale FTW. You owe it to yourself to at least try Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Tales of Monkey Island - PC, PSN, whichever : ]

Oh I have. Finished monkey island but got tired of sam and max already on the first episode. Then I tried Jurassic Park and lost all hope for the walking dead as it looked like more of the same.

I love you guys. Even if you support us for the wrong reasons.

iCzQjnfI3DSmA.jpg

COME ON NORDSJÆLLAAAAAAAAND

Benny enjoys trolling.

Not sure he means he wants more money or if he wants to see the club spend more money and progress? Mind you didn't Harry piss him off with the comments a few months ago about he never knows who we are playing and anything about our history?

Ushojax

Not sure he means he wants more money or if he wants to see the club spend more money and progress? Mind you didn't Harry piss him off with the comments a few months ago about he never knows who we are playing and anything about our history?

BAE loves Harry and I doubt he cares when he pokes fun at him. I'm sure he wants the squad to improve as we all do, but he also wants an improved contract. Younes is getting one, Walker has got one already, it's only fair that he, along with Modric, get a new deal that reflects their importance to the team. The gulf in class between BAE and Rose is staggering (and I like Rose).

So, in a polish newspaper, Lewandowski confirmed he had an offer by Bayern this winter.

But, but, but all Dortmund players want to leave.
Not that it would have happened anyway if Lewandowski wanted

Also, there's supposed to be a "huge surprise" announced on Wednesday. Hummels signing a new contract please :)

PaulLFC

Managed to get a ticket for tonight, I want us to put in a good performance.

It's a choice for Chelsea between resting players for the CL final and hoping they get into the CL through winning it, or playing their strongest team and trying to win their last games and finish 4th. Whatever they choose, I hope we play a strong team and at no matter what the result at the end, at least look as if we want to win, which we didn't for too long on Saturday.

Agger did an interview with .tv after the final saying that he knew they didn't play well at all for the first hour, so hopefully the rest of the players know that and will be wanting to make up for it, even though we can't achieve much in the league now besides an extra few hundred thousand quid from league positions.

Slizz

Fucking Summer course for a computer class is making me use IE as my browser.... WTF... and I had to install some bullshit on my computer just to take the class.

Wilbur

Banned
So, in a polish newspaper, Lewandowski confirmed he had an offer by Bayern this winter.

But, but, but all Dortmund players want to leave.
Not that it would have happened anyway if Lewandowski wanted

Also, there's supposed to be a "huge surprise" announced on Wednesday. Hummels signing a new contract please :)

Is it a Bayern troll again?

BAE loves Harry and I doubt he cares when he pokes fun at him. I'm sure he wants the squad to improve as we all do, but he also wants an improved contract. Younes is getting one, Walker has got one already, it's only fair that he, along with Modric, get a new deal that reflects their importance to the team. The gulf in class between BAE and Rose is staggering (and I like Rose).

He has had two new contracts in the past few years? He signed one just after Harry took over and then got one not long after that? He is contracted until 2015 I thought....

Not doubting he deserves a new contract but I am pretty sure we would offer one to him when the time is right.

Is it a Bayern troll again?

Don't know, it's no Facebook announcement lol

And I didn't make that clear, that's what that polish newspaper stated. Officially, there's just a press conference on Wednesday, which could be about pretty much anything. Maybe they even show the new shirts, pretty unlikely, but I want to see them so badly :(

Fady K

Cabin in the Woods finally comes out this weekend. FilmGAF is apparently CRAZY ABOUT IT (for those who missed it).

Congrats on the FA cup win mate. Thoroughly deserved. I hope we start Zlatan Carroll tomorrow though, I want to see what he's capable of playing a full 90 against JT.

I would recommend watching them before the Avengers. You could probably get by without, but the movie is much a much more rewarding experience if you are already invested in the characters.

Thanks Feorax :) It was incredible how good you guys became in the last half hour though. Don't worry there's a good chance you'll take 3 points away from us tonight. Apparently both Drogba and Cech are not even on the bench.

Thanks for the recommendations as well, I'll be watching Cap'n America tonight and Thor tomorrow before the Avengers :]

I would say yeah they do matter. They are probably the most important story-wise in relation to the Avengers

You sold me bro, will watch both first.

3 and a half weeks until Prometheus. Oh my.

2nd biggest film of the year. Ridley FTW!

Don't worry, I really don't enjoy Biebers music (my taste is far worse), just find the outrage over him hilarious enough to buy a 7 euro shirt when I saw it.

Haha I should have known ;D

You were at the game? Besides, you're not exactly a typical fan since you love everybody :p

I may like everybody, but I only love 2 clubs :p
and Cisse.

Ushojax

He has had two new contracts in the past few years? He signed one just after Harry took over and then got one not long after that? He is contracted until 2015 I thought....

Not doubting he deserves a new contract but I am pretty sure we would offer one to him when the time is right.

For sure, it's up to the chairman. I'm sure a lot of contracts will be renegotiated over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom