• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

MUFC announce Kagawa Signing. Will wear #26.

tumblr_m142unAB4Q1r2chsho1_400.gif

BASTARD.

Manager

Think we should stop with the C-word after Duckroll's comments this weekend... for our own good?

Last time we over-used that word they locked the thread and banned people to the left and right (leading to the excodus etc).

(The lock was due to someone's team losing against Italy, so the obvious reply was "Italian C...")

Yen

He did say Liverpool fans were the reason for him leaving...

Haha. All I know of him is he takes information from "ITKs" and passes it off as his own, and does that thing I hate "Reports in France say" "Kagawa has said" "allegations that." I also remember some match a while back where he said "There's reports of widespread racist chanting at x game." Can't remember who was playing, but I was watching and there was no controversy or complaints and a search on twitter revealed he was the only one saying this. Shit stirrer.
I never followed him, and the same goes for those Sean O'Sullivan, Jack Widnell types that chat heavily biased, inane shite.

dc89

Think we should stop with the C-word after Duckroll's comments... for our own good?

Last time we over-used that word they locked the thread and banned people to the left and right (leading to the excodus etc).

(The lock was due to someone's team losing against Italy, so the obvious reply was "Italian C...")

These are wise words. I wasn't aware of any of the above.

elseanio

;)

Has there been any further news on Kenny? I'm so conflicted.

Read the times article, and just confirmed that it was just a meeting to assess the season. Talks are ongoing concerning the future of the club, but I wouldn't expect anything tonight

He asked us if we used the word a lot, can't remember the exact words.

edit
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37832536&highlight=#post37832536

I think I used it once, when Terry got sent off. Will ask him if we need a little disclaimer in the OP.

xavi42

Think we should stop with the C-word after Duckroll's comments this weekend... for our own good?

It's such a horribly sexist word, i'm surprised people have been using it as much as they have .

Feorax

;)

Has there been any further news on Kenny? I'm so conflicted.

Think the review is ongoing.

I heard the situation we are in manager wise as being like having a 16 in blackjack. Both stick and twist carry the same level of risk, and either is a massive gamble.

We cant afford another season outside of the top 4, and yet its now harder than ever for us to get in there.

defel

Cunt doesnt seem to be as bad a word in the UK as in the USA, I think its mostly a culture thing. Sometimes its just the perfect word. How else would we talk about Joey Barton or Tevez?

bjaelke

Bellend

The c-word was just one of many foul words used that day.

defel

Well it didn't help they had female mods back then, I think it was dragona (?) who went mad over that word? Or wasn't there another one?

I take offense to the word "Dick". I dont want my sexual organs put in the same sentence as John Terry. I think Ill complain.

davidvilla.jpg

The colours suit.

How could I forget about him! Alright Barca, swap Bent for Villa?

It's an idea. It's just not a realistic one.

M'Vila is going to sign for a contender.

Thanks for smashing on my wishful thinking asshole

I'm all for seeing Aston Villa becoming relevant again :p

Hooray!

Get Vialli in as well as part of his coaching staff. Sign Villalva from River Plate and Villanova on a free.

Good calls. We're starting to get a team going!

GQman2121

Banned
On stage Louis C.K. perfectly explains the beauty of the word in the right context.

But it absolutely is a cultural thing.

I have friends from the UK who would rather be told to shut up, than to be quiet.

Ashes

Banned
Aww, lets not ban cunt. It's part of who we are. And Duckroll didn't seem offended by it at all. I think it's fine.

Speak for you self. It's the language of the fucking ignorant.

Makes any post sound very very angry. When its just a word. ;)

Better off without it.

faridmon

I don't like swearing, but how is Cunt a sexism word? Dick and Cock is used a lot and I don't see men being offended by it. Also, doesn't Prick mean the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom