• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need cunt, just like cunt needs us.

Haven't even had a chance to play D3 and they're already on the second OT. It's moving faster than this thread did on Sunday-

Well their servers apparently crashed for hours, so they had to do something while staying awake all night, like cry about it being the worst days of their lives.

elsk

Banned
Sport Bild: Bayern looking for a new full-back, a central midfielder and a new striker or two. Still not sure if they really want Giroud.

Baines, Sahin and...?

Ashes

Banned
HIk5C.gif

Borussia Dortmund playmaker Shinji Kagawa has admitted he would be interested in a move to Manchester United if the club make a formal offer for his services.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/926443/dortmund's-kagawa-keen-on-man-utd-move?cc=5739#

The kid wants to play at United; United want the kid.

Game, set, and match.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/926443/dortmund's-kagawa-keen-on-man-utd-move?cc=5739#

The kid wants to play at United; United want the kid.

Game, set, and match.
You never know, somebody else could come in and trump us. I'm just excited that for the first time in a long time we are actively pursuing a target who I would really love to have at the club. We buy alot of players who surprise us and turn out great and there's alot of satisfaction in that. Also nice to sometimes get players who the fans would love to see at the club.

PaulLFC

Fred Done was the first ever bookmaker to pay out early, when back in March 1998 he paid out punters who had backed Manchester United to win the Premier League, only for Arsenal to pip United by one point.

Betfred also paid out early on Manchester United to win the 2011/12 Premier League title, only for Manchester City to beat them on goal difference.

During the 2004/05 Premier League season, Done lost £1m to fellow bookmaker Victor Chandler after staking that amount that Manchester United would finish higher than Chelsea.
KuGsj.gif

Such an idiot. He lost £800,000 paying out early on United this year, serves him right for being arrogant.

Yeah, he said it was an option a few weeks ago. Hummels is a Bayern youth product anyway, football is their work in the first place.
Interesting.

How on earth did Bayern let Hummels slip away in the first place? Imagine he played for Bayern right now, God damn.

dc89

Eden Hazard's brother is just a big of a wind up merchant!!

He is called Kylian Hazard and he wrote on Twitter:

"Simple. City champion :)"

Yeah, he said it was an option a few weeks ago. Hummels is a Bayern youth product anyway, football is their work in the first place.

I'm pretty sure he didn't. How would Bayern be better for him than Madrid? He would have Schweinsteiger in front of him, not much better than having Alonso in front him.

Ashes

Banned
Just to be clear: this article is from last year. But yes, United's interest has been rumoured since after his debut season at BVB.

If we get him, we'll have quite the stable of light, quick footed, youthful central midfielders. Kagawa, Cleverly, Anderson. Me thinks, it was obviously to overcome the possession heavy champions league football in recent years.

I wonder how that will change with Guardiola having left.

dc89

Man I'm gonna hate the hell out of that punk. I can feel it already.

If he comes to City I hope Mancini hasn't bit off more than he can chew.

Tevez, Hazard, Balotelli... Man it's a recipe for disaster. And if we can't move Adebayor on... Well that's just poison.

I love when you pop in, especially when you discuss the coaching side of things and your viewpoint from that side.
Btw, you should add that Tito Vilallannonanananova fella to your dream Villa side.

If he comes to City I hope Mancini hasn't bit off more than he can chew.

Tevez, Hazard, Balotelli... Man it's a recipe for disaster. And if we can't move Adebayor on... Well that's just poison.
Hazard seems fairly professional by all accounts unlike the other two. Egotistical sure, but I don't think he'll be doing stupid things every other week.

Meier

Eden Hazard's brother is just a big of a wind up merchant!!

He is called Kylian Hazard and he wrote on Twitter:

"Simple. City champion :)"

He has another brother, Thorgan, who is also a footballer who plays for Lens in Ligue 2. Thorgan was an excellent prospect (just about as good as Eden in the long run) in FM11 although I don't think he was in the player pool for everyone in FM12 so I'm not sure how highly he's still regarded since I don't play with lower level French teams.

dc89

Why are people still banging on about how City are 'bracing themsleves' for Madrid buying Aguero?!

I didn't realize they could just bid and automatically get him.

kharma45

Harry Gregg Testimonial has kicked off if anyone is interested, strong enough United team out.

Lindegaard, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Nani, Park, Cleverley, Valencia, Berbatov, Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom