• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Interesting..

Not really.

We know that De Gea has been a bit dodgy with high balls being crossed into the box.

Some of our defending has been atrocious too.

Still, De Geas shot stopping stats are ridiculously good. I've been very happy with his progress this season.

27 from crosses?

What the hell? How many did we concede all season, can't have been much more than 40. That is a ridiculously high %.

That also shows we missed Vidic's commanding presence in the centre and that DDG has been/is shaky on crosses.

Yeah, and it's not even % of goals conceded from crosses. You conceded more goals from crosses than Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves did! That's the kind of stat that loses you the league. notthaticare but Vidic and VDS would never have let that happen.

Arnie

Yeah, and it's not even % of goals conceded from crosses. You conceded more goals from crosses than Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves did! That's the kind of stat that loses you the league. notthaticare but Vidic and VDS would never have let that happen.

DOICARE REDEEMED

dc89

27 from crosses?

What the hell? How many did we concede all season, can't have been much more than 40. That is a ridiculously high %.

That also shows we missed Vidic's commanding presence in the centre and that DDG has been/is shaky on crosses.

Well Kompany's goal was a header from a corner and in the previous derby 3 of the goals came from crosses so yeah, I can see this being true!!

Wilbur

Banned
Well Kompany's goal was a header from a corner and in the previous derby 3 of the goals came from crosses so yeah, I can see this being true!!

Of course it's bloody true. If we had Vidic all season and Kompany was out for you all season we would have won the league.

Manager

Not really.

We know that De Gea has been a bit dodgy with high balls being crossed into the box.

Some of our defending has been atrocious too.

Still, De Geas shot stopping stats are ridiculously good. I've been very happy with his progress this season.

Still, even if he was dodgy it was weird to see both Chelsea and United so high up. You'd thought some relegation fodder were worse considering they conceaded much more goals in total.

Also, FUUUU @ De Gea winning shot stopping. Hart letting in 2 in 3 shots against QPR is what gave De Gea the victory (or at least on the verge).

Clegg

Still, even if he was dodgy it was weird to see both Chelsea and United so high up. You'd thought some relegation fodder were worse considering they conceaded much more goals in total.

Also, FUUUU @ De Gea winning shot stopping. Hart letting in 2 in 3 shots against QPR is what gave De Gea the victory (or at least on the verge).

I'm quite sure that not all of those goals from crosses were conceded by De Gea.

Lindegaard played 5 or 6 league games for us too.

WJD

Interesting..

evra_talks_to_mutv.ashx

Wilbur

Banned
Some teams are more light in areas than others. Where would you be if Rooney was out all season?

We wouldn't be anywhere near the title. However, Vidic and Kompany is a like for like replacement, and these stats showed we missed Vidic as a fact.

No thanks. He is one dimensional just like Downing. A one trick pony with nothing else up his sleeve. No need to buy anymore dead woods, Liverpool already have enough of those.
Adrian Durham is getting a bonus today.

His trolling has lured Jack Wilshere into a twitter rant against him.

elsk

Banned
Hahahaha

At least it's not that bad this year......................is it? What's the back four likely to be?

Well, our defense line has been the 2nd best in Europe top leagues this time: Lahm - Boateng - Badstuber - Alaba.
But for the final we'll see something like: Lahm - Boateng - Tymo - Contento...

Is Boateng injured?

I'm talking about the defense line we had for the 09/10 CL final.
Boateng will play this final.

Devil

Is Boateng injured?

That was the lineup for the finale in 2010. This year it will most likely be Lahm, Boateng, Tymoschtchuk, Contento.

Due to the bookings of Alaba, Badstuber and Gustavo. This defense sucks big time.

I don't want to jinx it, but Tymo - Drogba could be the next van Buyten - Milito :/

So, Aston Villa pretty much need to get Andre Villa-Boas in as boss, and then Villa-Boas can make Yann M'Vila his first signing. I know not everyone is going to like this idea, but it is good for the league. Make it happen.

GQman2121

Banned
So, Aston Villa pretty much need to get Andre Villa-Boas in as boss, and then Villa-Boas can make Yann M'Vila his first signing. I know not everyone is going to like this idea, but it is good for the league. Make it happen.

It's an idea. It's just not a realistic one.

M'Vila is going to sign for a contender.

Manager

IT'S GUY LOVE

Clichy and Hart sharing quite a romantic moment there.

Aguero is an improvement on Tevez. Evans and Jones are not.

Aguero was new to the league. His lack of goals was one of the reasons of all those lost points during a period, he was a bit inconsistent (but still more than anyone could hope over the whole season).

Between 19/11 and 4/2 he scored 6 goals in 17 matches.

Tevez coming back changed it all. His determination gave everyone a wake-up call. He keeps screaming at team mates, telling them to work harder. Him being back changed how the whole team played.

Wilbur

Banned
Aguero was new to the league. His lack of goals was one of the reasons of all those lost points during a period, he was a bit inconsistent (but still more than anyone could hope over the whole season).

Between 19/11 and 4/2 he scored 6 goals in 17 matches.

Tevez coming back changed it all. His determination gave everyone a wake-up call. He keeps screaming at team mates, telling them to work harder. Him being back changed how the whole team played.

You're adding a player to complement Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli. We had to cover for our most important player.

When Kompany was out for a few games your defence turned to shit. These stats also back up how much we missed Vidic. Smalling/Jones/Evans for Vidic is not the same as Aguero for Tevez.

TeegsD

I'm all for seeing Aston Villa becoming relevant again :p

Plasma

Banned
Do TalkSpite exist just to wind up Arsenal fans? Adrian Durham trying to explain why Arsenal Invincibles weren't that good.

Manager

You're adding a player to complement Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli. We had to cover for our most important player.

When Kompany was out for a few games your defence turned to shit. These stats also back up how much we missed Vidic. Smalling/Jones/Evans for Vidic is not the same as Aguero for Tevez.

Due to Kolo being away though, ACON.

City actually lost more matches with Lescott abscent than Kompany.

I am not saying City would have 89 points still, but it wouldn't turn to shit with Kolo there. It did with Savic though.

Get Vialli in as well as part of his coaching staff. Sign Villalva from River Plate and Villanova on a free.

That was the lineup for the finale in 2010. This year it will most likely be Lahm, Boateng, Tymoschtchuk, Contento.

Due to the bookings of Alaba, Badstuber and Gustavo. This defense sucks big time.

I don't want to jinx it, but Tymo - Drogba could be the next van Buyten - Milito :/

2010:

Butt/Badstuber-Micho-van Buyten-Lahm/Van Bommel-Schweini/Hamit Altintop-Mueller-Robben/Olic

Neuer/Contento-Tymo-Boateng-Lahm/Kroos-Schweini/Ribery-Mueller-Robben/Gomez

Yeah. I'll take the 2012 squad please.

Wilbur

Banned
Due to Kolo being away though, ACON.

City actually lost more matches with Lescott abscent than Kompany.

I am not saying City would have 89 points still, but it wouldn't turn to shit with Kolo there. It did with Savic though.

I think Lescott's been as good as Kompany this year to be honest, but that's what I'm saying. I don't think you would have done as well with one of Kompany/Lescott out all season, and I think we would have done better with Vidic all season.

Manager

I think Lescott's been as good as Kompany this year to be honest, but that's what I'm saying. I don't think you would have done as well with one of Kompany/Lescott out all season, and I think we would have done better with Vidic all season.

Just look at the impact Evan's red card in the derby had.

Devil

2010:

Butt/Badstuber-Micho-van Buyten-Lahm/Van Bommel-Schweini/Hamit Altintop-Mueller-Robben/Olic

Neuer/Contento-Tymo-Boateng-Lahm/Kroos-Schweini/Ribery-Mueller-Robben/Gomez

Yeah. I'll take the 2012 squad please.

Of course the 2012 squad is far superior. Probably even the defense. Still, it's problematic.

Well, nevertheless I will be on my way to Munich on Thursday. Don't have any tickets of course, but I just got to be there. I'm so damn excited already...

Wilbur

Banned
Just look at the impact Evan's red card in the derby had.

I might be being dumb sorry, I don't mean to come off as aggressive here, but I don't get how it's relevant. Because Evans was missing we let in 5 goals? I'd attribute it to being down to 10 men and being 3-1 down in the 90th minute (which is a respectable scoreline with 10 men) before getting all cavalier and bombing forward leaving massive gaps at the back

Manager

I might be being dumb sorry, I don't mean to come off as aggressive here, but I don't get how it's relevant. Because Evans was missing we let in 5 goals? I'd attribute it to being down to 10 men and being 3-1 down in the 90th minute (which is a respectable scoreline with 10 men) before getting all cavalier and bombing forward leaving massive gaps at the back

I meant, I agreed with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom