• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Gregg Testimonial has kicked off if anyone is interested, strong enough United team out.

Lindegaard, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Nani, Park, Cleverley, Valencia, Berbatov, Owen

Have to admit, I laughed on Sunday when they showed the Man U reactions to finding out about not winning. Not because of Phil Jones, or Fergie, but because I saw Michael Owen scuttle back into the shadows like a cockroach caught in the kitchen lights.

The nerve he had to race off of the bench fully kitted up to celebrate winning a league title again... and then... bang no title and he quickly pissed off again.

spidye

DONT YOU FUCKING THINK ABOUT HIGUAIN, GUYS. DONT YOU FUCKING DARE

too late
muahahahahahahaha
20120505222480338033.jpg

"higuain wants to join bayern"

lol

Have to admit, I laughed on Sunday when they showed the Man U reactions to finding out about not winning. Not because of Phil Jones, or Fergie, but because I saw Michael Owen scuttle back into the shadows like a cockroach caught in the kitchen lights.

The nerve he had to race off of the bench fully kitted up to celebrate winning a league title again... and then... bang no title and he quickly pissed off again.

I personally laughed at the fans reactions. With the sudden change in moods, you'd have thought a bunch of lions appeared near their section.

dc89

Leicester have signed Richie Da Laet and Matty James from United. Both on 3 year deals.

---

WTF. Play.com have put Fifa 13 up for pre-order. £49.99.

Supermarket it is then.

bjaelke

Not sure if this has been posted already.
FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi to play in exhibition game at Sun Life Stadium

Among the players who will participate are Colombian Radamel Falcao, the Europa League’s top scorer and part of champion Atletico Madrid; Uruguayan Diego Forlán of Inter Milan, who was named best player of 2010 World Cup; Ivorian Didier Drogba, who will play in the Champions League final with Chelsea on May 19; Brazilian Dani Alves and Argentine Javier Mascherano, Messi’s teammates on Barcelona; Uruguayans Luis Suárez of Liverpool and Edison Cavani of Napoli; Alessandro Nesta of 2006 World Cup champion Italy; and others.
That's a pretty sexy lineup.

rodvik

So, Aston Villa pretty much need to get Andre Villa-Boas in as boss, and then Villa-Boas can make Yann M'Vila his first signing. I know not everyone is going to like this idea, but it is good for the league. Make it happen.

Seems like a sensible solution to me.

Unfortunately I suspect we will get Steve Bruce & Karl Henry instead.

fuenf

Herta's going down. Can't see them scoring 2 goals.

i hope so! Düsseldorf seems like a great Bundesliga team, amazing stadium, great fans (Hertha's fans on the other hand didnt even show up on their last Bundesliga gameday because the figured they didnt have a chance). Not mention that Hertha fired their coach after playing a rather successful first half of the season...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Blergh, white shorts. It looks like a PE kit. Hopefully they look better in real life, after this years sexy kits the home and third kits look shite.

Clegg

I think us United fans should calm down over the Kagawa situation.

He'll have more than one offer from a Premier League side and I expect this transfer stuff to run for a few weeks at least.

dc89

Apparently came in second half. Says he's gonna train with Al Wasl tomorrow, he can't be injured.

Al Wasl is managed by Maradona right! He's going to be telling him "You need to move to Madrid, forget about what you've just managed with City".

Yup, done for.

:(:(

Manager

Al Wasl is managed by Maradona right! He's going to be telling him "You need to move to Madrid, forget about what you've just managed with City".

Yup, done for.

:(:(

I've just stopped listening to Maradona. One minute Aguero must go to Real, the next City is the perfect club for him.

Was a dickish move to say he picked the wrong club after he signed.

Blergh, white shorts. It looks like a PE kit. Hopefully they look better in real life, after this years sexy kits the home and third kits look shite.

Am I right in thinking we only wear white shorts in cup competitions? Because even though they've been blue for the past couple of years, we've always worn white ones at some point.

edit: apparently it's a tradition we revived in 2008. We wore all white during the 60s in Europe under Bill Nicholson.

MPW

let higuain go

if he stays and doesn't get enough minutes, he'll bitch about it and we will sell him next year for less money

madrid is in kuwait!!?!!

I think us United fans should calm down over the Kagawa situation.

He'll have more than one offer from a Premier League side and I expect this transfer stuff to run for a few weeks at least.
Hows life on the edge?

I'm not interested in cautious Carols.

/siralan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom