• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

CFC: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Mata, Kalou, Drogba

LFC: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez

Confirmed

A Villa fansite took out this ad in the Birmingham Mail

yMGQz.jpg

Arnie

Happy for Mat as things stand.

Like the confirmed teams, glad Bellamy plays, he's always threatened against Chelsea. Shitting myself now, we just need to put everything in.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fabio Capello: "Juventus will be crowned with the Scudetto tomorrow."

u55dq.gif

Fuck off Capello. We don't need this right now.

TrueBlue

Really starting to get nervous now. What's worse if that I'll have to miss some of the match if it goes longer than 90 mins, I have work at 7.30 :(

TeegsD

Ugh, thought the game was on at 11:30...fucking fox sports lying to me. Didn't know Arse were playing today. And it looks like they delivered the entertainment

Ultras are becoming more of a nuisance nowadays

Zabojnik

Was eating at a sushi bar today wearing my Juventus black and pink track jacket, got stopped by a delightful old chap who asked me if I was a fan, which I confirmed.

He told me he's been an Arsenal fan for 60 years. I jokingly wished my condolences, which he got a kick out of. He told me he really prefers Italian football which, he told me in a hushed tone, "is much more interesting than the way we English play, any how." He lamented the loss of days when Arsenal won "really on the strength of our defense." He then went on to tell me that he really hopes that Inter win the Derby and give us a hand at the top of the table, and that he hopes Juventus wins their match on Sunday so they can relax and celebrate the title back home. He wished me luck and then was on his way.

I might have to support Arsenal, now, if we win the s-word.

Dear old man! You will be our lucky charm! We will win tomorrow for your sake! Forza Juve! Non mollare mai!

Now I'm even more depressed. As it happens, I won't be going to Trieste for Cagliari - Juve tomorrow after all. My friend, who supposedly bought (reserved?) the tickets online, messed something up. No 35€ curva tickets for us. :( There's still the 150-200€ option, but Cellino can go fuck himself. I would have liked nothing more than to be there with the guys tomorrow, but I don't like getting robbed. Juventus - Atalanta next week is also looking unlikely at this point ... Sigh.

Well, this was supposed to be a sabbatical year away from following Juve all across Italy for me, so I guess I'll have to stay true to the football resolution I made. Bring on next year and a season ticket at Juventus Stadium!

We're the best German Bundesliga champion ever :D

Also fuck Hoffenheim, but I guess it was too much to play properly for those classless and characterless guys.

Plasma

Banned
Just got back in from the Arsenal game, christ we do know how to chuck it away don't we?

Does anyone know if we should have got a penalty towards the end? It looked like it form where I was sitting but its still hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom