• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobano

Neo Member
You're also forgetting that Ramsey should have been red carded.

Norwich would've had a clear advantage then, so yes the ref was shit.

I'm not forgetting anything, I'm just saying he was shit. Arsenal have them selves to blame for this one. I just threw a "fuck the referee" in there because he also deserved to be blasted.

I don't think RVP was even that great today, he scored 2 goals so job done I guess but really he should have scored a couple more and he was pretty much out of the game until his first goal.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I said fuckit and put Chelsea to lift the trophy in my bet today.

C'MON CHELSEA. Now I really have something to root for.

Kyoufu

I'm not forgetting anything, I'm just saying he was shit. Arsenal have them selves to blame for this one. I just threw a "fuck the referee" in there because he also deserved to be blasted.

Fair enough!

RVP is certainly gone now. Imagine as a striker you score 2 goals and still can't win the game.

Story of Arsenal's season.

FuturusX

Poor referring or not...Arsenal should have coasted this game. Looking at missed calls only serves to distract from the obvious. Arsenal's defense is utterly vulnerable. Van Persie has compensated for that...but there is only so much you can do...

They already retaliated.

AsHdqp1CIAA02PN.jpg

I remember reading that the 'chelscum' was shopped in by the 'newspaper' that reported the story.

Cobano

Neo Member
I'm counting on Newcastle to drop points, it will happen. But I can't stand the fact that Tottenham will finish above us and then Chelsea winning the CL.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
It's possible, but Spurs and Newcastle would need to win both their last two games.
Unless Chelsea win the CL, then only the top 3 would get CL places (and only Spurs or Newcastle would have to win their games).

Arsenal could of course also lose/draw their last games.

Devil

MÜLLER!

Whoever will get into the relegation match, I hope the 1st league team will lose. Hertha and Köln both deserve to go down.

@frankieboyle: Just looking at the FA Cup Final teams. That right wing is going to be fucking crowded.

:lololol

Fear not Arsenal fans. City will win tmrw. It's within sight for them now, Champions win games like tmrw. Newcastle are good opposition but City are a couple of levels above them.

pappe

I dont think Newcastle will be able to WIN BOTH their games. They might hold City and win at Everton or win against City and draw at Everton. They will have to be satisfied with a Europa league spot.

Spurs really should be able to win both their matches and coast through to 3rd.

Since Hodgson is leaving West Brom i doubt they will be motivated enough to give a fuck. Arsenal will beat them and get 4th.

Chelsea in the UCL final tho? No 1 can predict that. Munich should win it easily but Chelsea are fucking unpredictable. Anything can happen.

As for Chelsea

Lightning

Banned

Fear not Arsenal fans. City will win tmrw. It's within sight for them now, Champions win games like tmrw. Newcastle are good opposition but City are a couple of levels above them.
I'm hoping for a city win. Fuck Newcastle...

The big one now is hoping for villa to draw with spurs.

Was eating at a sushi bar today wearing my Juventus black and pink track jacket, got stopped by a delightful old chap who asked me if I was a fan, which I confirmed.

He told me he's been an Arsenal fan for 60 years. I jokingly wished my condolences, which he got a kick out of. He told me he really prefers Italian football which, he told me in a hushed tone, "is much more interesting than the way we English play, any how." He lamented the loss of days when Arsenal won "really on the strength of our defense." He then went on to tell me that he really hopes that Inter win the Derby and give us a hand at the top of the table, and that he hopes Juventus wins their match on Sunday so they can relax and celebrate the title back home. He wished me luck and then was on his way.

I might have to support Arsenal, now, if we win the s-word.

Dear old man! You will be our lucky charm! We will win tomorrow for your sake! Forza Juve! Non mollare mai!

Kyoufu

I would agree with you if this was at the Etihad but...

City are not a couple levels above anyone when they play away from home.

FuturusX

I dont think Newcastle will be able to WIN BOTH their games. They might hold City and win at Everton or win against City and draw at Everton. They will have to be satisfied with a Europa league spot.

Spurs really should be able to win both their matches and coast through to 3rd.

Since Hodgson is leaving West Brom i doubt they will be motivated enough to give a fuck. Arsenal will beat them and get 4th.

Chelsea in the UCL final tho? No 1 can predict that. Munich should win it easily but Chelsea are fucking unpredictable. Anything can happen.

As for Chelsea

One word....

Cisse..

Man U are a couple of levels above us and look what happened to them when they came up here!

Choc

Banned
question for gaf

has Wenger taken Arsenal as far as he can?

My answer is yes. Especially with lack of money, or rather he won't spend it

Won't happen but Pep would fit so well into the style they try to play :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Was eating at a sushi bar today wearing my Juventus black and pink track jacket, got stopped by a delightful old chap who asked me if I was a fan, which I confirmed.

He told me he's been an Arsenal fan for 60 years. I jokingly wished my condolences, which he got a kick out of. He told me he really prefers Italian football which, he told me in a hushed tone, "is much more interesting than the way we English play, any how." He lamented the loss of days when Arsenal won "really on the strength of our defense." He then went on to tell me that he really hopes that Inter win the Derby and give us a hand at the top of the table, and that he hopes Juventus wins their match on Sunday so they can relax and celebrate the title back home. He wished me luck and then was on his way.

Dear old man! You will be our lucky charm! We will win tomorrow for your sake! Forza Juve! Non mollare mai!

FORZA ARSENAL

Fuck off Norwich you time wasters!!!11

Clegg

Chesney played horrifically.

Vernaelen was also pretty poor.

Koscielney is the man holding that backline together.

Wilbur

Banned

Loved reading this. FORZA JUVE

also I almost don't give a fuck who wins today, but I'm just rooting for Chelsea

Cobano

Neo Member
Our season now depends on Aston Villa, probably the worst team in the PL right now. I just hope Spurs manage to bottle it like we have.

question for gaf

has Wenger taken Arsenal as far as he can?

My answer is yes. Especially with lack of money, or rather he won't spend it

Won't happen but Pep would fit so well into the style they try to play :(

I'd love Pep to come if Wenger goes 'upstairs' per se. He could advise Pep on the fans and the players.

Edit: I LOVE YOU YURT <3

Choc

Banned
Fuck off Norwich you time wasters!!!11

every time i looked at the tele an arsenal player was on the ground

pot kettle black much?

Arsenal played like fucking pansies today. Every challenge apparently completely snapped them, it was ridiculous.

There was some very bad tackles from both sides and at least one player should have had an early shower under the rules but still most of them were not writhing on the ground bullshit

Arsenal are better than that

rififi

Arsenal screwing up the end of the season? sounds like the Arsenal I know.

Last 4 results: L D D D

Hopefully Villa can take some points away from Tottenham.
I want Newcastle to beat City though, or at least draw.

FootballFan

Wenger has money the rumor is, he chooses not to spend it

he hasn't spent up in ages

I hate how Arsenal sell so many of their players and you wonder "woah I wonder who they will buy with all that money!" then no-one of note joins them..

But I think Wenger wants to spend, its the higher ups that say no. (well thats what the papers say)

Noirulus

Pep won't coach a new team anytime soon. The reason he resigned from Barcelona is because he was tired of football/wanted less stressful days from what I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom