• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

They already retaliated.

AsHdqp1CIAA02PN.jpg

This is embarrassing.

rififi

I hate how Arsenal sell so many of their players and you wonder "woah I wonder who they will buy with all that money!" then no-one of note joins them..

But I think Wenger wants to spend, its the higher ups that say no. (well thats what the papers say)

Sometimes it's not entirely their fault (well, partially, they don't want to pay higher salaries and Arsene sometimes makes strange buying decisions), like this past year. In the case of that cunt Nasri, he left at the end of August - how are you supposed to find a replacement at the very end of the transfer window? It was obvious that Cesc was leaving, but for some reason the transaction didn't occur until the beginning of August. Other times, players were just getting old.

Arsene Wenger has still had the most successful and consistent run as an Arsenal manager starting from 1996:

After 2006 (the Champions league final), finishing 4th in the league, and leaving Highbury, that is when most of the "Invincibles" players started getting too old and started leaving. I think Arsene might be a bit burnt out after that team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Isn't 39 for Heysel? It's between Liverpool and Juve and it's in the past now. Why are they taunting the new generation with 80s disasters?

I don't get the Munich chants as well..

Seep

Isn't 39 for Heysel? It's between Liverpool and Juve and it's in the past now. Why are they taunting the new generation with 80s disasters?

I don't get the Munich chants as well..

Small minority of sick fucks, they've been doing it for years pushing their faces up against their hands to simulate the dying fans pushed up against the fences at Hillsborough.

Well at least he can't be any worse at punditry than he was at signing players.

You haven't seen the small bit of punditry he did for Sky Sports. It was truly the most dreadful thing I've ever seen. Everyone looked embarrassed. He didn't seem like he was even watching and he made Merson look articulate.

Kyoufu

lol, he burnt that bridge with Moyes to a fucken crisp.

Although Moyes would clearly take him back. Just not talk to him. Ever.

lol I'm sure Moyes would worship him. Pride be damned. Rooney is $$.

Anyway, here's something interesting. Not saying this will have anything to do with tomorrow's game but...

Newcastle has not lost a home game in 2012

Kyoufu

But Kyoufu, you of all people should know that records are easily broken. :p

I of all people know you should never EVER expect ANYTHING from Newcastle. So I'm not expecting anything. We'll probably get trashed anyway.

Pressure is on City though.

snoopen

What a frustrating night.. seriously.. if we don't make CL next year it's going to be a disaster.
Comes back to relying on shit and inconsistent players like Ramsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom