• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

i dont care who is winning but i guess a chelsea defeat would harm their ambitions a little. or is it the opposite way around? i'm confused.

Meier

That is what a reporter is saying and that he played on with it during the game.
Must be a hairline fracture. My girlfriend broke her leg in this manner and then had to wait about 2 months to confirm it while she waited for her insurance to kick in. All while we had no car and relied on the CTA. Doh..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Now I'm even more depressed. As it happens, I won't be going to Trieste for Cagliari - Juve tomorrow after all. My friend, who supposedly bought (reserved?) the tickets online, messed something up. No 35€ curva tickets for us. :( There's still the 150-200€ option, but Cellino can go fuck himself. I would have liked nothing more than to be there with the guys tomorrow, but I don't like getting robbed. Juventus - Atalanta next week is also looking unlikely at this point ... Sigh.

Well, this was supposed to be a sabbatical year away from following Juve all across Italy for me, so I guess I'll have to stay true to the football resolution I made. Bring on next year and a season ticket at Juventus Stadium!

Damn, we're running out of lucky charms!

It's alright there's always next year ;) I have a feeling it's going to be even better than this season.

spidye

524004_457177537632276_141973839152649_1972279_361052244_n.jpg

great perfomance from müller today.
he looks like he aged pretty badly this season, though

Blablurn

524004_457177537632276_141973839152649_1972279_361052244_n.jpg

great perfomance from müller today.
he looks like he aged pretty badly this season, though

it was a tough season for him but nobody said its gonna be easy. it was his third pro season after all. nothing to worry about. but i hope he steps up his game next year.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
didn't rvp miss a sitter vs milan as well?

He missed about 5 today. He didn't wake up until the 70th minute and even then he fluffed his lines a few times. It's no surprise, he's never played this much in a season before, he's burnt out. It's amazing that he's stayed fit all season when you consider that he was just as much of a crock as any Arsenal player over the last few years.

Slizz

didn't rvp miss a sitter vs milan as well?

Pretty sure it was a very similar scenario too. Defense thought for sure he was offsides and couldn't recover, then he kicked right at the keeper that time too.

EDIT: Chipped directly at the keeper*

BobDylan

Well none of the stations are playing the chelsea liverpool game and I know there is no chance a local bar has the game on. I have no clue what im going to do. fuck america for not caring about good sports

RVP has never been the best finisher at the club. In recent years, it was Eduardo. Even Adebayor was infamous for needing to miss several sitters before putting it in

TeegsD

Well none of the stations are playing the chelsea liverpool game and I know there is no chance a local bar has the game on. I have no clue what im going to do. fuck america for not caring about good sports

Apparently Fox Soccer is showing it. University's cable doesn't carry it so stuck with a ESPN UK stream

Meier

It's on Fox Soccer which I'm sure most bars have (a part of most every providers sports package). Your town must have a pub or two? I'd give em a call.

FSC and HBO are why I keep cable..

Well done to Sheffield Wednesday on securing promotion to the championship - hopefully United won't make it through the play-off's and the correct order of balance will be restored.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Anyone watching on ITV - keep watching afterwards. My friend is going to be on BGT playing a laser harp. :lol :lol

Wilbur

Banned

You are my hero

i think neogaf user expandable was the only one who didnt like it lol. critics :D

I didn't like like it, but I didn't dislike it. Was okay. Viva didn't really like it either

I want some controversy, a melee, red cards, great goals and last minute drama. Finally, I want it to go to penalties, preferably long enough to see the goalkeepers take a penalty and then I want the stadium lights to go off

Extra points if a dog comes onto the field and starts chasing after the players

rififi

Obviously the FA cup final is starting (which I will be watching - don't care who wins, just want a good game), but I just noticed that every La Liga game today is at the same time (10 games in total).

Edit: I hate Suarez, so I want Chelsea to win.

BobDylan

It's on Fox Soccer which I'm sure most bars have (a part of most every providers sports package). Your town must have a pub or two? I'd give em a call.

FSC and HBO are why I keep cable..

yeah I dont have FSC. the best I get is Goal TV and they arent playing it. The bars dont watch soccer around here. womens softball has a better chance of being played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom