• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-89rxxj.gif

I feel a little better about that. Just a little.

I've backed Carroll since the start and still back him.

Bosingwa giving it away way too easily and then his lazy attitude.
LLShC.gif

Lightning

Banned
untitled-89rxxj.gif

I feel a little better about that. Just a little.

I've backed Carroll since the start and still back him.
Movement may look odd but Carroll made a fool out of Terry there and that was a superb finish. That was an excellent goal, he had a lot of work to do there.

A cool goal by Lewandowski from yesterday (he was a bit lucky though):

lewa-torwurq9.gif

(pass came from Subotic - wtf?)

lewa-tor2l9r6n.gif

fahnenp6pit.gif

Official Meister montage

Then came the fun:

kloppodppco.gif

lfzwV.jpg

mv9CJ.jpg

llH5q.jpg

Time for souvenirs:

iCy8s.jpg

LifqP.jpg

T7uRa.jpg

tyGbW.jpg

Some celebrations in the city (lots of Poles & Japanese were present too)
The official celebration is on May 13th after we win the cup :D

okvx2.png

Hixx

I wouldn't ask anyone for an autograph coz its weird; though my dad got me Alan Ball's when I was a kid.

And would I fuck ask Alan Shearer to sign my Sunderland shirt.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I got Alan Shearer's autograph at a function 5 or 6 years ago. He was the most boring man I've ever met.

Getting Niall Quinn to sign a Newcastle shirt is a bit weird though. Even if I did meet someone like Henry or Bergkamp, the thought of them signing one of my Spurs shirts is...anathema to me.

wat. this'd be like me asking Shearer for an autograph. fuck that. The young'uns I can understand - the grown men wanting them? What the fuuuuck.

I would totally get an autograph on my shirt if I saw a Copenhagen player outside, what's the big deal? They are probably used to much worse, remember a player once signing someones ass cheek here.

The doom and gloom is a bit much. United's net spend is pretty low on a relative scale, but gross spend last summer was over 50m. Fergie made more than reasonable offers for both Sneijder and Nasri scuppered by Anzhi going in hard for Eto'o and City naming silly wages, if the press is to be believed. There's no rational reason to think we won't attempt quality transfers this summer.

Wilbury said:
We did but I think Viva made the point that none of our buys (save De Gea, who dc very lovingly credits above) improved the first team.

I've been critical of Phil Jones, especially in his misuse at RB and in midfield, but he's a good player in his natural position who could become very good in years to come. That is improving the first team down the line. The Young transfer never felt right to me, but I suppose that was done with Park's almost certain exit in mind. However, De Gea, as you mention, was a great signing.

Personally, I think people are mistaking transition for decline. There's a lot of potential in this side. It just needs two or three key additions to reach it - which is exactly what Fergie says he's aiming for, whatever that's worth.

The only thing which really irks me is that, for better or worse, Pogba wants first team football now and there's a chance he's on his way. I say this because his possible loss touches on the real problem at United - made evident against Bilbao and Wigan, and crystal clear against City at the Etihad - in how static our midfield has become. I'm shocked every time I see a mid-table side give Scholes space to pull the strings, but many seem to do it anyway. Yes, Scholes and Carrick are great for controlling possession against teams which sit back, but faced with a combative midfield that strips them of time and space, and they struggle to link with the forward line - our wingers begin to look isolated and the poor first touch of players like Park and Young gets exposed.

Fergie has talked about wanting to speed up our play, so I think he's on the right track. We need to liven up the speed and variety of our transition in attack. Kagawa or Hazard are the right players to do that. Especially since we dearly need to return to the 4-3-3 against the big sides. I think he hoped that Fletcher, Anderson and Cleverley would step up this season and provide dynamic options in the centre of the park, but it simply looks like it's not meant to be. Pogba next season would help, but we need at least one more reliable, quality midfielder to play alongside Carrick - there's no reason to believe our injury woes won't continue.

Kyoufu

Going to make a chicken sandwich for lunch before the game. SO NERVOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Saint Papiss is going to perform a miracle today. I can feel it.

offshore

Pardew had been flying out to Holland a few times specifically to look at Vertonghen, but don't think he was ever really coming to us.

Hixx

Titus is in the squad for the Fulham game which probably means O'Shea hasn't got over his knock.

I just want this season to end now, fuck it.

FootballFan

You are dumb and I am dumber.

I love that movie!
"Thats a lovely accent you have...New Jersey?" - Ah so many great quotes from that movie.

Carroll's movement just doesn't look right.

That part when the ball goes in is the part that is confusing you. :p

The only autograph I would ask for is Cesc Fabregas'. I wouldnt care for any other players autograph.

I'd love autographed/signed stuff from former/current Barca players and just football legends in general(Maradona, Pele etc). But I wouldn't care for say a Kaka or Lampard signed ball or something.

Empty

i believe in one cisse

between egging newcastle on and hoping we don't fuck up against swansea to keep whatever we have alive todays gonna be draining

SHarris78

Anyone have Mortal Kombat for Vita? Really good port, having lots of fun with it!

Yup, it took an hour or so to get accustomed to the poor character models and textures, but once you get beyond that its basically the same as the console versionsbut with more content. Overall very, very pleased.

I'm a Swansea City supporter, but for the past 22/23 years Man Utd have always been my 'League one / Premier League' team of choice. Today is an odd day, as depending on what happens at the, ahem....Sports Direct Arena, the result I want for the Man Utd/Swansea match changes!!!

Roll on 1:30pm......

FootballFan

SO NERVOUS GAH

Not expecting points tbh. City's first team costs more than our entire club.

Should be fun at least, I want Newcastle to get the CL spot, but I really dont want ManUnited to win yet another premier league. So I prefer City to win, but I want Cisse to score. 3-1 to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom