• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardew in the dressing room -

Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Sons of Newcastle, of England, my brothers,
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

An hour and a half of goals conceded and shattered shins, when the age of Newcastle comes crashing down, but it is not this day!

This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

I bid you stand, Men of the North East!!!

There's way too much that can go wrong today.
KuGsj.gif

:(

Manager

I think it's 50/50 between Newcastle and City.

Newcastle has home advantage, great form and fantastic strikers.

City aren't too good away, medium form but more talent. But, they've bottled similar occasions several times this season.

Both have little experience in what they're trying to do today so they'll be shit nervous.

kharma45

Pardew in the dressing room -

Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Sons of Newcastle, of England, my brothers,
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

An hour and a half of goals conceded and shattered shins, when the age of Newcastle comes crashing down, but it is not this day!

This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

I bid you stand, Men of the North East!!!

I was going to try to use the Independence Day one but once you get to the 4th of July bit it's pretty hard to change :lol

I'm off to the pub.

Whatever happens, I love you all.

Kyoufu...IF we win, try and keep the trolling levels down.
Naaaa not really, Give 'em hell!

Heavy rain is expected during Cagliari - Juve tonight. Guys, I'm having Perugia flashbacks. Full panic mode on. Someone hold me.

I think the rain is going to be our biggest impediment to getting an early goal. Combined with Cagliari's inevitable bus parking, we're going to need a breakthrough early or we'll be forced to get it late. Could expect something out of Matri on this one. He's got enough of a poacher sensibility that we might expect something from him. If they're going to park the bus, I hope we just keep launching balls over the top from the midfield and cause some panic.

I'm having surgery on my left eye after an hour :O So yea..I'm going to watch our game with one eye only
k1Der.gif

Maybe it's for the best?

Dude what? I hope everything is okay! Maybe it is for the best. Need to get rid of that
malocchio
. ;)

Want more reason to hate Cagliari? My friends, Andrea Cossu:
Andrea Cossu said:
“Allegri is a unique and truly incredible person. We all owe him a great deal... Allegri is a great man, but I want to win for Cagliari. We don’t forget that 20 years ago Juve sent us into Serie B.”

You and Cellino can fuck off. I didn't realize the Juve hate was from some irrational bullshit from 20 years ago. (To be honest, I can't even find what he's talking about. Cagliari returned to A in 1990 after being in Serie C1 and B for ages, and then when they were finally relegated it was in 1996-97, a far cry from twenty years ago, and it was in a playoff against Piacenza... but ANYWAYS.) But yeah, crushing Cagliari, Allegri's former team, would be just all the more satisfying, wouldn't it?

Hixx

Oh god, Ji up front alone. Gardner straight back in.

4-0 Fulham

edit: AND FUCKING MIGNOLET IS BACK IN FUCK OFF man. He's fucking shit. He's the most overrated keeper we've had in fucking ages. Gordon not on the bench, means he's off. Fuck this shit. Honestly.

Ashes

Banned
City are going to win the league, kicking and screaming if need be. But I hope Newcastle get the champion's League spot come the next campaign.

Arnie

It's one of those, sure I'd love City to win but I also want Newcastle to secure top four. I'll be sad if City don't win, but not distraught.

Sealda

Banned
Im pretty sure Newcastle will win. You read it here first.

How people can be so certain about City winning the league, when there is just a 1 goal difference between them and ManU.

Kyoufu

At the cost of Arsenal or Spurs?

Both if Chelsea win CL lol

But seriously, this fixture sucks dick. I can't believe we have to face a top 4 team at this time of the season when the others around us face mid-table/bottom of the league scrubs.

Fucking UNICEF.

Hixx

Im pretty sure Newcastle will win. You read it here first.

How people can be so certain about City winning the league, when there is just a 1 goal difference between them and ManU.

City have +8 on Man United. City win today and they win the league imo barring a fucking catastrophe next weekend. Or Man United putting 5/6 past Swansea today will make next weekend very interesting.

Fwiw only Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and City have conceeded less goals than SAFC at home this season as well if it does come down to goal difference next week.

Come on, Duisburg, score another one. Düsseldorf can stay in league 2.
St. Pauli would be cool, but Duisburg would have to win for that which is pretty hard with only 10 players on the pitch :/
But anyways: none of them will probably be able to beat Berlin in the relegation, not with their new-found confidence.
Do you think Sobiech should return to be the 4th CB? I don't really think he and Hornschuh are up to the task and we should sell both and try to bring up a new talent + one more year with Owo.
/edit
As for the 3 CB I'd be ok with one of Basel's CBs.

/edit2
I hope Sunhi will be around for the Cisse gifs, I'm off jogging :/

Keio

For a Finer World
Amazing season for Newcastle, never expected it to have such an epic finale. We can win this and take a Champions League spot!

FuturusX

Prediction: I think Cisse will score...appearing to help is new employers - yep, UTD to make a bid after offloading Berba. But ultimately City will see it through in a narrow win.

WJD

Prediction: I think Cisse will score...appearing to help is new employers - yep, UTD to make a bid after offloading Berba. But ultimately City will see it through in a narrow win.

Please no. I have a major feeling he's going get a bad case of the Hernandez's in his second season.

St. Pauli would be cool, but Duisburg would have to win for that which is pretty hard with only 10 players on the pitch :/
But anyways: none of them will probably be able to beat Berlin in the relegation, not with their new-found confidence.
Do you think Sobiech should return to be the 4th CB? I don't really think he and Hornschuh are up to the task and we should sell both and try to bring up a new talent + one more year with Owo.

I'm not sure, I think Berlin is definately beatable, they just won against Hoffenheim after all and couldn't even win against Kaiserslautern. We'll see I guess.

As for Sobiech, I think he did quite good at the start of the season but the injuries threw him back a lot. That's why I'd loan him out again, Augsburg or Fürth would be great, so he could get some Bundesliga time and show if he's able to play for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom