• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Carra is keeping Andre Wisdom, an absolute beast of a player, out of the first team squad as well.
Wish Shelvey would get a game or go on loan so he can play regularly. We're wasting him.

sohois

He should have retired already. Every time he's played this season he's been embarrassingly bad.

That's a bit of an overstatement, but there isn't really much use for him at the moment when he's just blocking Coates. Perhaps with a couple of injuries to Agger and Kelly he could still serve a purpose.

edit: also its no surprise he wants to stick around, he is on something like £90k per week. Another triumphant deal from Purslow.

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba - Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, Müller, Ribery - Gomez

Starke - Johnson, Vestergaard, Compper, Braafheid - Weis, Rudy - Vukcevic, Firmino, Williams - Babel

Is Rafinha injured or what? I mean, yeah, he sucks but Alaba wasn't much better as LB when he played it.

Also fuck Lahm if he plays as LB at the Euro. Seriously.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I still think it's a stupid rule. How does it affect the other team?

It doesn't. But if a player tried to win the ball off somebody with no boot on and crushed every bone in their foot in the process, we'd be complaining. It's for safety. People get enough foot injuries with their boots on.

Mastadon

Banned
He had an interview in the Irish News that seemed to suggest he wants to stay on for another year. Fml.

Give him a coaching role and have done with it. Sami Hyypia was the perfect example of a defender getting old, but using that experience to read to game properly, and using his intelligence to make up for his lack of pace.

Carra has no pace, and seemingly can't read the game properly either. He's great at hoofing it though.

It's a brilliant idea for Napoli and Juve :p

So a terrible idea. ;)

Playoffs sucks for multiple reasons though and I hope they stay long away from the leagues I follow. Imagine Nazio winning the Scudetto beacuse the other teams fucks with suspensions and injuries...

inQFL0MfbuO6G.gif

Salazar

Did the Man Utd fans here feel the same about Neville as the end drew closer for him?

A bit. I didn't quite hate him being in the team; I just knew he could be got at. Ditto Evra, increasingly.

Evra probably won't transfer. I do like him (rabble rabble Liverpool-GAF), and he's had a generally solid career with us, but I don't feel like he can still be first choice at the end of next season.

Wilbur

Banned
It doesn't. But if a player tried to win the ball off somebody with no boot on and crushed every bone in their foot in the process, we'd be complaining. It's for safety. People get enough foot injuries with their boots on.

I don't understand why it isn't given back to the team that had the ball though, that's my gripe. Why Bilbao got a free kick they subsequently scored from (with the help of poor defending of course) is beyond me.

sneaky77

I don't understand why it isn't given back to the team that had the ball though, that's my gripe. Why Bilbao got a free kick they subsequently scored from (with the help of poor defending of course) is beyond me.

If we hadn't scored, we would not still be talking about this I assume right? Is an indirect kick in the same way that any dangerous play call is an indirect kick.

That's a bit of an overstatement, but there isn't really much use for him at the moment when he's just blocking Coates. Perhaps with a couple of injuries to Agger and Kelly he could still serve a purpose.

edit: also its no surprise he wants to stick around, he is on something like £90k per week. Another triumphant deal from Purslow.

That deal was thrashed out literally hours before NESV officially took over the club, with no rumours of the deal whatsoever. Dodgy to say the least.

Also, the Hyypia point is a very good one. Hyypia used his experience to lessen the blow of time. Carragheron the other hand doesn't use his experience at all. He doesn't position himself to win headers he'd otherwise lose due to his height. He doesn't force strikers to drop deep. He doesn't force players onto their weaker foot. He doesn't hold players up while waiting for defensive support. He doesn't cover the fullback while allowing his partner to cover the centre. He doesn't sniff danger and nip in front of the reciever.

He basically has very little quality, and no effective usage of his experience, which is the only thing that is theoretically keeping him anywhere near the team.

Ushojax

If we hadn't scored, we would not still be talking about this I assume right? Is an indirect kick in the same way that any dangerous play call is an indirect kick.

Exactly. Bilbao were not obliged to return the ball, Evra is the one who committed the foul and it's an indirect free kick like any other.

Wilbur

Banned

Of course I wouldn't still be talking about it, and I don't understand how it was dangerous to you. He's passed the ball, Young has it in space outside your box and I understand calling it back but then why does it count the same as if Evra has handballed/fouled/been offside etc?

I don't understand why it's a foul. It's a stupid rule.

Manager

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Kalou, Drogba.
Subs: Turnbull, Luiz, Essien, Romeu, Torres, Mata, Sturridge.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha epic celebration!
So a terrible idea. ;)

Playoffs sucks for multiple reasons though and I hope they stay long away from the leagues I follow. Imagine Nazio winning the Scudetto beacuse the other teams fucks with suspensions and injuries...

http://i.minus.com/inQFL0MfbuO6G.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.minus.com/iyJmRmuZRlfFQ.gif

Ushojax

Fine, but it is a rule. It's to protect the player without a boot on because if he is able to involve himself in play then he risks a nasty injury.

Nice goal from Klasnic. I hope QPR go down.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Kalou, Drogba.

Oh wow. Mikel instead of Essien and Romeu? Kalou instead of Mata and Sturridge?

Di Matteo will be to blame if this fucks up.

sohois

So Meireles and Kalou on the wings for Chelsea? What an insipid looking line-up that is.

sneaky77

Of course I wouldn't still be talking about it, and I don't understand how it was dangerous to you. He's passed the ball, Young has it in space outside your box and I understand calling it back but then why does it count the same as if Evra has handballed/fouled/been offside etc?

A player attempting to play the ball from the ground is also dangerous play and kick for the other team, even though the only one in danger is himself..

Wilbur

Banned
Fine, but it is a rule. It's to protect the player without a boot on because if he is able to involve himself in play then he risks a nasty injury.

Nice goal from Klasnic. I hope QPR go down.

A player attempting to play the ball from the ground is also dangerous play and kick for the other team, even though the only one in danger is himself..

Eh fuck it. We deserved to lose, it just seems a bullshit offence.

No idea why Reo-Coker starts instead of Muamba.

Manager

So one of the linesmen disallow a clear goal. The other one allow an offside goal. And the main ref waves off a clear penalty.

Star ref team this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom