• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartacus is a Gooner! Day keeps getting better

20120303-p6yysakiaynqk8x2ykn8m5nci3.jpg

GorillaJu

Van Persie is just incredible...

Thank God I just got a Vita and Gravity Daze on my desk, and my gf is here for me to punish that jpnese vag.

Pen missed, hit the bar twice... 1-1 at the half should have been 3-1. Fucks sake. Fuck fuck fuck. Well-played to RvP.

Stimpy

If I was younger I'd report my dad to Child Line for bringing me into a family that supports Liverpool, it's fucking child abuse.

Clegg

RVP did well to get that volley on target but Reina must take some blame for conceding the goal.

It was at his near post and he really shouldn't have let it in.

sohois

I got nothing to say. I lost the will to have lunch and watch the Bayern match.

Kenny is the one to blame. Fucking retarded subs.

The subs had nothing to do with it really, Carra's poor defending and Liverpool's complete inability to put away the numerous golden chances they had cost them the game.

Bo-Locks

Hold on, hold on. Are there pool fans in here that genuinely thought they had a chance at CL football next year before this game?

dc89

Mancini has only gone and fucked my fantasy team right in the ass:

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Pizarro, Barry, Johnson, Yaya Toure, Nasri and Balotelli.

Subs: Pantilimon, K.Toure, Kolarov, Milner, Silva, Aguero and Dzeko.

Plasma

Banned
Cannot believe we won our midfield was all over the place at times but we still managed to get the win.

Scoring three goals at Anfield wasn't bad either.

great job arsenal. only caught the last ~10 mins, so the quality of the performance is irrelevant tbqh.

good to see balotelli playing, means city will be worth watching.

nemesun

A-M is down again, sigh.. Liverpool had most of the position but we managed to nick this one simply through sheer brilliance of one man. Lord help us if he gets injured.

Manager

Will be VERY interesting to see Pizarro today. He may be the answer to City's midfield problems. Big lack of creativity when Yaya is out. If Pizarro can deliver, Yaya might finally get some rest in future rounds and Europa League.

dc89

Will be VERY interesting to see Pizarro today. He may be the answer to City's midfield problems. Big lack of creativity when Yaya is out. If Pizarro can deliver, Yaya might finally get some rest in future rounds and Europa League.

I hope this team selection doesn't bite us in the arse!

Edit: What the hell! Watching a stream and they showed the first to score odds with some random bookies, the first 11 names on the list were City players. Surely that's a mistake.

Clegg

Pizarro is 32

snoopen

Will have to see what happens with Diaby.. he looked decent. Hopefully have Ramsey back post Milan and Wilshere is now rumored to be back in April. Will be pretty makeshift without Arteta, at least Ox will start :/

Tegris

RVP is such a classy guy, which makes it somehow more infuriating. He's not even someone I can love to hate.

And with that, I'm off to bed.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Van Persie is truly a god. He is single-handedly keeping Arsenal at the top table. As soon as Diaby came on I said to my dad he won't last 20 minutes.

I feel slightly sorry for Liverpool, but a team with decent attacking players would have scored 4 or 5 goals today. The simple sideways pass to Suarez that Downing fucked up summed things up. The rest of the top 6 have a Bale, a Silva, a Mata who will make that pass right every time and get an assist. Liverpool have mid-table players in those positions.

Clegg said:
Pizarro is 32

Scholes is 37.

Mancini has only gone and fucked my fantasy team right in the ass:

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Pizarro, ASSASSIN, Johnson, Yaya Toure,
Nasri
and
troll.gif

I forgot to take Clichy out of my team this week. Well played Mancini. No Richards though. What say you ASSASSIN?

dschalter

Van Persie is truly a god. He is single-handedly keeping Arsenal at the top table. As soon as Diaby came on I said to my dad he won't last 20 minutes.

I feel slightly sorry for Liverpool, but a team with decent attacking players would have scored 4 or 5 goals today. The simple sideways pass to Suarez that Downing fucked up summed things up. The rest of the top 6 have a Bale, a Silva, a Mata who will make that pass right every time and get an assist. Liverpool have mid-table players in those positions.

suarez is as good as there is at drawing fouls and moving off the ball, though his finishing certainly leaves something to be desired.

Gibbo

Time to test out Arsenal in Fifa. Can't imagine that he has better overall stats than Ibra tho

To Liverpool fans: How has Jose Enrique been this season? Was a big fan of his when he was at NUFC

sohois

Liverpool did have like 4 or 5 chances put on a plate and still missed them some like the post hit at the end of the first half were pure bad luck but Suarez's miss, Kelly's miss, Kuyt's failed penalty and the followup should have been converted.

bud

normally, arsenal would've lost a game like this. not today, weirdly enough, even though they were absolutely awful. van persie is making me reconsider my heterosexuality.

Will have to see what happens with Diaby.. he looked decent. Hopefully have Ramsey back post Milan and Wilshere is now rumored to be back in April. Will be pretty makeshift without Arteta, at least Ox will start :/

nothing. because he will always be injured.

I think we should have played Coates instead of Carragher, it show how much we missed Agger today. Henderson was doing nothing and Adam was trying to be Suarez and attempting his Hollywood passes. Bellamy came in at the wrong time. Despite all that I must admit that Downing played a good game.

We definitely need another striker. Please break out the checkbook for Cavani. Suarez is good but he definitely need to be playing with better people. Adam and Henderson are not those guys.

Mastadon

Banned

Scholes is 37.
Exactly this, it's beyond frustrating. I completely understand why we signed Downing and Adam, but god if we had used that money to get a quality, creative player and just kept Aquilani...

You can't argue with RVP's quality.. both the balls into him today were great too.

Charlie Adam was fucking awful today. I actually flipped into shouting at the TV mode when he didn't make that pass to Henderson and instead did some retarded pirouette into an Arsenal player, kicked it out to touch and moaned at the referee. Shut up you stupid fucking cunt and get off the floor. Don't be angry, be fucking ashamed. His free kick as well... jesus fucking christ, does he only know how to get it off the floor when taking penalties?

The Carling Cup final I was more pissed off with Henderson and Carroll, but the former was okay today. We might as well not have bothered bringing Carroll on.

We had chances today and didn't take them. Kelly's swipe amongst the best chances. We've been doing it all season at home... and that's why we won't come fourth and might not even come close to it. At least our run-in looks good... but I'm not hopeful any longer. Today was a must-win.

Liverpool did have like 4 or 5 chances put on a plate and still missed them some like the post hit at the end of the first half were pure bad luck but Suarez's miss, Kelly's miss, Kuyt's failed penalty and the followup should have been converted.

I swear the Goal Gods hate Liverpool lol.

Exactly this, it's beyond frustrating. I completely understand why we signed Downing and Adam, but god if we had used that money to get a quality, creative player and just kept Aquilani...

I agree with this. Wasted money on Adam and Downing.

nemesun

Hope Arteta is okay, that clown Diaby couldn't even last half an hour, his career is pretty much over. What a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom