• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy Arsenal could win today. Gonna go for 2-1.

robin-van-persie_g_1843761c.jpg

Salazar

Coyle has a plan. I'm sure of it.

1-1.

Ay Viva, I predicted bad refereeing as well as 2-1. I said there'd be a red, tho.

Manager

Pizarro is 32

I don't understand what you mean?

He's on loan, it's a short-term solution. I don't understand why a 32-year-old wouldn't be able to handle a couple of matches.

I hope this team selection doesn't bite us in the arse!

Edit: What the hell! Watching a stream and they showed the first to score odds with some random bookies, the first 11 names on the list were City players. Surely that's a mistake.

Yep, will be interesting to see how Nasri behaves when Silva isn't on. Hopefully he can take over Silva's role.

Silva on the bench? you bastard, Mancini.

A lot of players who were out on international duty are out. Silva, Aguero, Dzeko, Richards etc.

I forgot to take Clichy out of my team this week. Well played Mancini. No Richards though. What say you ASSASSIN?

Kolarov was man of the match last match (officially), it's all about rotation.

Arnie

He's a footballing god. Should go to Barca and complete the pantheon.

Quitting football, taking up chess.

Clegg

and Aguero and Richards.

And Yurt will tell you that Pizarro's age is irrelevant. ;)

Giggs is like 53 remember.

Scholes is 37.
Scholes and Giggs have spent their entire careers at United. They know the players and the tactics and exactly what they have to do on the pitch at all times. It's no surprise that they still perform well even at this late stage of their careers.

Pizarro is coming from a different league and being asked to adapt to a different set of tactics with new players around him.

There is a difference between himself and Giggs/Scholes.

dc89

1 min in and Nasri could have scored! Good defending by Bolton though.

Edit: 2 min and Trollotelli hits the post.

sohois

Exactly this, it's beyond frustrating. I completely understand why we signed Downing and Adam, but god if we had used that money to get a quality, creative player and just kept Aquilani...

Aquilani was sold because Liverpool didn't need him with Gerrard and Meireles, Liverpool did not want to sell Meireles but I guess once he handed in the transfer request they decided it was better off to get rid of him. In hindsight its easy to criticise getting rid of Aquilani, but you couldn't have known Meireles was going to leave and Gerrard was going to continue to struggle so much with form and fitness. In hindsight its easy to say Liverpool should have just refused to let Meireles leave but who's to say he wouldn't have just gone into sulk mode and contributed nothing? People will point to Modric and say look how he's performed, but you could just as easily pick out Tevez or Cahill or a great number of others in the past who have performed after being forced to stay.

Regardless, Downing is almost certainly a failure, perhaps if he stays a few more seasons he can redeem himself but its unlikely. As for Adam, its well known that he blows hot and cold, doesn't he have the most assists for Liverpool this season? He is a good asset to have in the squad, if Meireles were still here and Adam was rotating with him you would probably see a far fewer complaints.

Manager

Scholes and Giggs have spent their entire careers at United. They know the players and the tactics and exactly what they have to do on the pitch at all times. It's no surprise that they still perform well even at this late stage of their careers.

Pizarro is coming from a different league and being asked to adapt to a different set of tactics with new players around him.

There is a difference between himself and Giggs/Scholes.

He played under Mancini before and Mancini use very similar tactics in City like he did in Italy.

I don't understand why you are making such a big deal out of this. It's a new league but he won't play English opposition in Europa League. Pizarro is class, he'll play well against teams like Bolton. No one said he'd play against United.

dc89

Shit. This should be 3-0 already in 3 minutes. Balotelli does a brilliant turn and just drags it wide. This is gonna be a goal fest if it carries on like this.

He played under Mancini before and Mancini use very similar tactics in City like he did in Italy.

I don't understand why you are making such a big deal out of this. It's a new league but he won't play English opposition in Europa League. Pizarro is class, he'll play well against teams like Bolton. No one said he'd play against United.

seriously, if a player is good he will do well. van bommel walked into italy for the first time at 34 and acts like he owns the league . . . pizzaro is 32, that's not even that old for a midfielder whose game is not based on speed (ie. scholes, pirlo, bommel, etc.)

Clegg

I'm not making a big deal out of it. I'm just saying that he's a short term loan siging. Yaya will still play the majority of Citys games

Shit. This should be 3-0 already in 3 minutes. Balotelli does a brilliant turn and just drags it wide. This is gonna be a goal fest if it carries on like this.
If it carries on the way it is then the game will finish 0-0.

Liverpool fans, what do you hope for the summer transfer window?

My hopes are:

Put Henderson and Carroll on loan
Break out the checkbook for a world class finisher.
Get one or two really good midfielders, they don't have to be world class, just better than Adam and Henderson.

Saw Liverpool.

KtWuL.gif

Football's over for me this season. I'm taking up Chess. My girlfriend learns bloody fast and keeps challenging me. Much more fun than I thought.

Manager

I'm not making a big deal out of it. I'm just saying that he's a short term loan siging. Yaya will still play the majority of Citys games

Well of course, no one said he would replace Yaya.

seriously, if a player is good he will do well. van bommel walked into italy for the first time at 34 and acts like he owns the league . . . pizzaro is 32, that's not even that old for a midfielder whose game is not based on speed (ie. scholes, pirlo, bommel, etc.)

Yep, he turned 32 just last week too.

vall03

the only game left in my local channel is West Brom - Chelsea, not going to watch anymore, need to wake up early tomorrow and Im already happy that Arsenal won.

caramac

Time to test out Arsenal in Fifa. Can't imagine that he has better overall stats than Ibra tho

To Liverpool fans: How has Jose Enrique been this season? Was a big fan of his when he was at NUFC

He's been caught out a couple of times of late but its probably unfair to mention that. He's been very good.

I know it's depressing, but stand tall. A defeat is a defeat, and RVP is immense.

I don't know man, I feel its all over. There is no way we are going to catch up to Arsenal. We are not consistent enough to put a string of games together in order for us to catch up. I can still see Arsenal dropping points but we never capitalize on it. There were weekends where the teams above us have lost but we don't take advatage of it. Like the commentator on ESPN said, we don't have that killer instinct to go for the kill.

sohois

The previous week I believe there was an article quoting Comolli saying Liverpool would spend big in the summer, I do believe Comolli is simply attempting to deflect away attention from Liverpool's transfer dealings, prevent a Man City situation where clubs and players think you've got money to spend and try and get more out of you.

Further, in the article itself Comolli's main point is that Liverpool will not replicate this season's summer transfer window when 7 players came in and a whole host left, instead it will only be a handful of players.

Dibbz

Fucking Alex Song and RVP!!!! OMFG. How did they manage to pull that out again???!?! Fuuuuuuuuurrrrrk. So good. Sorry Pool GAF but I was happy with the point and then Arsenal fucking stole the show. OMG OMG. Don't give a fuck about Milan. Only thing that matters now is keeping the players we have fit for every weekend.

Yen

I know it's depressing, but stand tall. A defeat is a defeat, and RVP is immense.
I'm quoting rvy from last night.
gibbo said:
Time to test out Arsenal in Fifa. Can't imagine that he has better overall stats than Ibra tho

To Liverpool fans: How has Jose Enrique been this season? Was a big fan of his when he was at NUFC
He's been great but because both Aureilo and Robinson have been injured, Entique has played all but two games all season, and it's really beginning to show. Some games he looks completely fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom