• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
INCREIBLE DATO: El tercero de la LigaBBVA, es decir, el Valencia, está más cerca del descenso que del liderato... @laligaennumeros

La Liga: the third in La Liga, Valencia, is closer to relegation than to the first place.

Pranay

Al Jazeera usually has the best quality and most stable streams most of the time for La liga matches, that and the insane commentary is the main reason I've watched a few matches on that channel.

To answer you question, I'm Indian as you can probably tell from my name :) My family's Hindu, but I don't actually believe in religion so I wouldn't call myself a Hindu.

Err I am surprised but let me guess you dont stay in india do you ?

watching steams in indian connection is horrible.

Fry

INCREIBLE DATO: El tercero de la LigaBBVA, es decir, el Valencia, está más cerca del descenso que del liderato... @laligaennumeros

La Liga: the third in La Liga, Valencia, is closer to relegation than to the first place.

Redonkulous. When was the last time they won the title? Seems like forever.

WJD

All you've done is accentuated my worries. They're playing at an arena venue, and I wasn't a huge fan of their most recent release. I'm only going because my sister really wanted to go, and needed someone to go with. Plus they're originally from this area. I much prefer some of their older stuff to their newer stuff (cliched, I know).

Psh, their new stuff is great. Little Black Submarines is godlike.

Psh, their new stuff is great. Little Black Submarines is godlike.

Eh, I just found the album short, and other than a few tracks that were catchy, just not as strong. I don't think they're as creative now as they were earlier. I'm just hoping they have a diverse set list. I'm sure I'll love it.

Wilbur

Banned
I really liked El Camino; best album of last year though was Smother by Wild Beasts. If they're doing NME I'll cry with tears of joy

Might shove a few quid on a 3-1 Arsenal

keit4

Banned

Do you really hate La Liga, don't you? :p

This is normal if we consider that the top 2 teams would dominate easily in any other league in the world.

elsk

Banned

This is normal if we consider that the top 2 teams would dominate easily in any other league in the world.

I doubt it, in the bundesliga their tv revenue would be just like 2m more than the relegation sides. They wouldn't be so powerful (money) in a more fair league.

sixghost

You don't think that has anything to do with the imbalance in revenue that La Liga allows?

The prem would probably be similarly lopsided if team like united, arsenal and liverpool were able to horde all the television money for the last decade.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chamberlain starting for Arsenal tonight. I thought he was injured.

Phoenix I admire Suso's ability and I think we have one of the best youth set ups in the country, but fast-tracking 17 and 18 year olds to the first team can harm their potential. At that age you're more likely to pick up injuries and they could be debilitating in the long term.

Players like Michael Owen and Cesc Fabregas were immense talents for their respective ages, but they're now riddled with constant injuries because of it. I do not want to see that happen to Suso, Sterling, Morgan, Pelosi, Silva, Nacho, Coady, etc. (we really do have a good handful of promising younguns)

Looking at it that way you make a valid point. I wasn't asking to fast track them but maybe a 10 minute run here and there would get them going. I guess with us struggling to find the net and scoring goals it has become hard to get some of these youngsters game time. I mean take Enrique for example, looking at him now he has been struggling a bit because he has played almost every single game this season without a break because we have no replacements.

Messi

Completely agree. They're like Muse, I can't stand listening to their stuff on my iPod but I've never seen anyone better live. Seen them 3 times.

Edit: Black Keys are brilliant, El Camino was a great album. I missed out on 09 tickets but have been the last few years and seen Radiohead before so wasn't too fussed. On my list of people I really want to see before I die, I have Dylan, Radiohead, Pulp, Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem scratched off. Blur, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen are ones I have to, bunch of others I want to, and got tickets for ASAP Rocky and SBTRKT this summer.

Erm, football. Six, think it was you who posted about 3-5-2, I love formations with 3 at the back, always a shame to leave out too many midfielders and strikers. Napoli's 3-4-2-1 is so exciting.

Coldplay are like this, hate their albums but was at a festival last year and they were headlining and they had a hold over the crowd like I'd not seen before. Amazing hearing 100,000 people sing their hits.

Then again I usually just go to rap gigs.

sixghost

There appears to be mistake on our team-sheet: one Gabriel Obertan is starting in place of Cisse.

AnKVPEoCEAMnlSA.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There appears to be mistake on our team-sheet: one Gabriel Obertan is starting in place of Cisse.

Not that surprising. Playing 442 killed Spurs in the NLD. You have to flood the midfield or at the very least have somebody like Rooney or Van Der Vaart who can play in midfield. Cisse can't do that.

keit4

Banned
I doubt it, in the bundesliga their tv revenue would be just like 2m more than the relegation sides. They wouldn't be so powerful (money) in a more fair league.

I'm talking about Barça and Madrid as they are now.

I agree with you about the tv thing, but if you don't count these two teams La Liga is a very balanced competition.

sixghost

Not that surprising. Playing 442 killed Spurs in the NLD. You have to flood the midfield or at the very least have somebody like Rooney or Van Der Vaart who can play in midfield. Cisse can't do that.

You say that like no one has ever beaten Arsenal playing 442. Did you forget that Arsenal was down 0-2 within 30 minutes because Tottenham was playing them off the fucking field in that game?

Also, wasn't Tottenham widely considered to have been the better team against united the week after, and didn't Spurs put Everton under siege for 45 minutes 2 days ago? All playing 442. It's probably got more to do with them moving Modric out of the middle, and having 2 less creative players like Sandro/Parker/Livermore as your true CMs.

More depressing La Liga stuff:

Liga - Spain working to clear debts

Secretary of State for Sport Miguel Cardenal, who was appointed after the centre-right People's Party won a general election late last year, told Marca sports daily the idea was to wipe out the debts and make sure they were never generated again.
The professional football league and the government were "working very seriously, swiftly and continually" on the plan, which would be put into action "within a reasonable period of time", Cardenal told the paper.
"It is unacceptable that any company, including those in football, have a high level of debt and that's why formulas are being sought, within what is possible, to correct it," he said.
The government is keen to start calling in the clubs' tax and social security debts as part of a sweeping austerity drive aimed at meeting fiscal targets agreed with the European Union.
The majority of Spanish clubs have slipped deeper into the red in recent years as they struggle to pay spiralling wage and transfer costs and many have been forced into administration following a futile struggle to remain competitive.
A study published in June last year by a professor of accounting at the University of Barcelona showed the 20 clubs in Spain's top division had combined debts of some 3.48 billion euros (£2.91bn) at the end of the 2009-10 season.
With more than £460m owed by the 22 teams in the second tier, Spanish football is roughly four billion euros (£3.34bn) in the red.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11032012/58/liga-spain-working-clear-debts.html

Seems like the gov. is about to bailout freaking FOOTBALL clubs with tax payer's money..

elsk

Banned
I'm talking about Barça and Madrid as they are now.

I agree with you about the tv thing, but if you don't count these two teams La Liga is a very balanced competition.

If the tv revenue was logic, the difference between RM, Barcelona and all the other teams wouldn't big so big. All La Liga is structured to make RM and Barcelona bigger and bigger.

Ben Arfa is shit. He has his moments (was good at Sunderland) but he's such a horrible, selfish player that I just facepalm when he takes 900 touches to do something that should have been done 895 touches ago.

I'll be a lot less pessimistic (realistic?) when we get into the Europa cup next season. If we don't even get into that then I'm leaving football for another 10 years.
Agreed.

edit: woah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom