• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

CAN'T BELIEVE WE DREW WITH LOLVES AT HOME
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Pog can already easily hang in this league, no doubt. He should get a good run next season (if he stays)

Whilst I agree, don't think team game is really indicative of that. Wolves are really crap an have 10 men.

Also, Pogba is yet to sign a new contract with the club.

ElyrionX

Pog can already easily hang in this league, no doubt. He should get a good run next season (if he stays)

I really don't understand Ferguson's decision to keep playing Scholes. How does playing someone whom you know is about to retire going to benefit the team in the long run? I know it's about securing the points at this crucial stage but Ferguson's preference to stick with his trusted lieutenants doesn't make sense at times. Pogba really should have started a game like this.

EDIT: It's even worse when you consider the dire state of our central midfield earlier in the season. The question is, how much harm would have been done if he had given people like Morrison and Pogba a start or two since everyone else available is so shit anyway.

I really don't understand Ferguson's decision to keep playing Scholes. How does playing someone whom you know is about to retire going to benefit the team in the long run? I know it's about securing the points at this crucial stage but Ferguson's preference to stick with his trusted lieutenants doesn't make sense at times. Pogba really should have started a game like this.
On the other hand I don't think we'd be top of the table is Scholes hadn't come back. He's been great.

offshore

"Not a single PL clean sheet for Norwich on their travels so far this season"

Time to bet on a Norwich clean sheet, folks.
No don't, just in case

Newcastle United (4-4-2): Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Perch, Cabaye; Ba, Cisse

Perch is starting, which immediately makes me nervous.

Kyoufu

Time to bet on a Norwich clean sheet, folks.
No don't, just in case

Newcastle United (4-4-2): Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Perch, Cabaye; Ba, Cisse

Perch ain't that bad.

Hope we win this at least.

Time to bet on Norwich clean sheet, folks.
No don't, just in case

He honestly hasn't been that bad in recent weeks, since the Blackburn game I think!

Strong side, good to see Ben Arfa starting (hopefully Pardew has told him to PASS). Should be a good game, could be plenty of goals but we really have to win this one.

Brinbe

Whilst I agree, don't think team game is really indicative of that. Wolves are really crap an have 10 men.

Also, Pogba is yet to sign a new contract with the club.
Definitely, no doubt. And I hate to sound condescending or dismissive, but unless we're facing a top six/seven side, I think he's a capable match for the other 14 or so teams in this league. He's got that youth/stamina/strength to hang, and nothing indicates that he's particularly deficient on the mental side of things (which is the real worry with youth).

Anyway, I really hope he does sign because he is that rare box-to-box MF, that's instrumental in powering a squad and I just can't wait to see us possibly trot out a 4-3-3 like

---------------DDG
---Raf-Smalling-Evans-Fab

---------Jones/(or sign a proper young Defensive-mid. M'Vila?)
---------Pogba-Cleverley

Nani or Valencia ----Welbeck or Young

----------Rooney or Hernandez

Brinbe

Rooney is better alongside someone, Hernandez too.
I know, that's the difficulty of things, as they do force us into a 4-4-2, which has worked, but isn't ideal in some matches. I think Rooney's okay there, and could even shift out-left like he did back in the Cronaldo days, and could do it again we ever got a real striker in that Cavani-mold. But Hernandez definitely needs a partner to succeed, at least until he improves his touch/control and playmaking.

Bah, sorry to be so speculative, just glad they upped they got those 3 pts and tightened up that GD margin with City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom