• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 hours! Who can blame me for being excited?
O4Ozw.jpg

TeegsD

So apparently Carrillo was given a red after the game ended for slapping a player. Haven't seen it myself yet though. Also fans started ripping up chairs which means more money for the Club to pay that it doesn't have, yay!

Carbonox

Why am I still up? I'll tell you why. I had the worst fucking tooth ache in the world earlier which needed 5 lots of painkillers and a couple of hours sleep to knock on the head. Unfortunately that sleep turned in to a power nap and I'm raring to go for a day of...nothing. My ankle is busted so I can't play in a few hours. :( I'll still watch though.

6.18am. Fuck sake.

madmackem

No shame in chelski losing to wba at the moment, they have been on fire the past few weeks hammered wolves in the second half, we didnt get a sniff last week and they knocked four past us we have been pretty good form and good at the back since mon took over. I hope avb is given time, i said the other week some of the old guard at chelski need shipping out and a new core brought in. Hes being let down by alot of players he didnt buy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why am I still up? I'll tell you why. I had the worst fucking tooth ache in the world earlier which needed 5 lots of painkillers and a couple of hours sleep to knock on the head. Unfortunately that sleep turned in to a power nap and I'm raring to go for a day of...nothing. My ankle is busted so I can't play in a few hours. :( I'll still watch though.

6.18am. Fuck sake.

Broken leg and I'm apparently immune to sleeping pills.
wlhnW.gif

Juve are not helping.

How'd you break your leg, Yurt?

Why am I still up? Because the AssCreedIII Reveal got me stoked and I'm playing through Brotherhood so I can play Revelations.

It's also only 1:30 a.m. here :D

Carbonox

Yeah, the AC3 reveal has been awesome.

Speaking of gaming, I've got FIFA 12 on atm. Playing as Arsenal for some reason. I bought Lavezzi and he's pretty fucking good. Is he amazing in real life? Never seen him play but I've heard decent things about him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What reveal? Is it Ezio again? *edit* :O

How'd you break your leg, Yurt?

Why am I still up? Because the AssCreedIII Reveal got me stoked and I'm playing through Brotherhood so I can play Revelations.

It's also only 1:30 a.m. here :D

Brilliant tackle by one of my friends. He got the ball AND my leg
wlhnW.gif

His face when he looked at me:
iFFHddOQG6tOI.gif

Lavezzi is great Carbonox, he's an Argentinian Suarez!

sohois

AC2 was a great game, everyone should play it. You could probably find any version for like £10, no excuses not to give it a try really.

Salazar

Peter Shilton on Psycho, on 5 Live.

"He hasn't cut it in management. It's like a father handing down family business to son who's not qualified".

The analogy is . . . persuasive.

sohois

Peter Shilton on Psycho, on 5 Live.

"He hasn't cut it in management. It's like a father handing down family business to son who's not qualified".

The analogy is . . . persuasive.

From who did Pearce inherit from though? His management record is decent, not good enough for England, but he's done well enough with the under 21s, the most recent tournament aside (however, hearing Pearce yell out "Fucking get rid of it" as Walker strode up the pitch, with the only danger being possession in the opposition half is still one of the most hilarious moments i have seen in football).

In the end, England have a small chance of victory at this years Euro tournament, they could hire Redknapp or Mourinho it would not make a difference, tbh Pearce might as well take the reins as it is not as though anyone else could really do much better.

kharma45

6.18am. Fuck sake.

Broken leg and I'm apparently immune to sleeping pills.
wlhnW.gif

Juve are not helping.

Seems everyone is having the time of it this morning, I've been up the last few hours after knee pains woke me, and I can't walk either as my knee has seized up, shite craic if I try to move it at all.

Salazar

In the end, England have a small chance of victory at this years Euro tournament, they could hire Redknapp or Mourinho it would not make a difference, tbh Pearce might as well take the reins as it is not as though anyone else could really do much better.

True enough. It's not just the inadequate timeframe, but it surely doesn't help.

Ordinarily clever mufc folks on twitter suggesting Jones in MF today. God, I am nervous.

Wh. . .wh. . . what is life ? said:
Bayern Munich forward Arjen Robben, 28, is considering a return to English football and could join Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal for as little as £10m.

sohois

Bayern Munich forward Arjen Robben, 28, is considering a return to English football and could join Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal for as little as £10m.

wat
is80221w5ak5g.gif

credit to sunhilegend for the gif, as per usual.

sohois

I wasn't endorsing the veracity of the quote.

Just making sure that the stream of transfer bollocks continues to flow.

We should put a transfer window countdown ticker in the OP.

I was really just looking for an excuse to post the cat gif, it kills me everytime.

There's no real reason to even report most of the transfer bollocks that emerge at this time, maybe come April such a measure will need to be deployed but not right not now I feel.

Yes, that run-in is certainly in United's favour - not to mention the perennial mental belief that Ferguson imbues - but if we were to lose tonight then the derby would become even more decisive. Best to throw the momentum of pressure against the banks of the Etihad and follow the trail Arsenal blazed in demolishing this Spurs defence.

If Scholes and Carrick carry their form into this game, Rafael shuts down Bale again and Welbeck can bury his chances, I think we can definitely win it.

Labadal

Almost a £200 return with that, tidy! The Newcastle one I'd be wary of though, I've a feeling MO'N will win it with Sunderland.

I was doubtful about including it, but then I thought to myself that Ba and Cisse will probably be playing, plus I watched Sunderland's last two games and I wasn't impressed. Man Utd also feels like a gamble. Real is the only game I feel confident about.

Kyoufu

I was doubtful about including it, but then I thought to myself that Ba and Cisse will probably be playing, plus I watched Sunderland's last two games and I wasn't impressed. Man Utd also feels like a gamble. Real is the only game I feel confident about.

Well, it's Real Madrid. In La Liga. How could they lose? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom