• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
One thing is certain though - next season with better strikers, it won't be the same
LLShC.gif

Want to exchange Matri for Gómez?! :)

LOL. He could get sacked in the tunnel and Lampard could become the new manager for a match. Abramovitch doesn't give a shit.

That would be like losing the match already.
well, you already did anyway :p

Salazar

De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Welbeck.

Got a peculiarly optimistic feeling about this. I dunno why Viva's so lukewarm about it. Admittedly, we did have Tom when we dominated Spurs last time.

rodvik

A draw was a fair result in the game of th century today. Villa looked a really good team first half and battered us as we were shite but then second half villa were absolutely appalling. Quite funny walking to the ground with villa fans chanting 'can we swap managers'

Spot on. Your keeper was excellent today. Glad to see Zog bang one in.

Splatt

OH THANKS SPLATT

I'll only start complaining after we officially hand the first spot to Milan. :p

One thing is certain though, next season with better strikers, it won't be the same
LLShC.gif

I'm as depressed as you are :|

I don't think strikers are the problem, Matri is alright he can convert chances, but you need width against teams that park the bus, and it's seems that's the area Juve is lacking this season :|

elsk

Banned
Is nobody from footy-gaf a GoW3 addict?

I loved the first one, the MP online was just amazing. The second one was good but the multiplayer was shit.

I wanted to buy the third one so bad, but I don't have money right now :p
I don't get how people prefer Call of Duty MP over Gears MP. Gears multiplayer is very unique an awesome all round.

Empty

nervily excited about tomorrows game, it's going to be a tough match but if we win it puts us in a great position in the title race, possibly even favourites for the first time in ages, as we have a much easier run-in than city from then onwards.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is nobody from footy-gaf a GoW3 addict?
I stopped after GoW1
01raZ.gif

Sometimes I wonder why I'm on GAF, the last game I played was Dark Souls.
Want to exchange Matri for Gómez?! :)

Gomez needs service! We don't have a Ribery or a Robben*. :(

*I'm assuming Robben provides service to others

I'm as depressed as you are :|

I don't think strikers are the problem, Matri is alright he can convert chances, but you need width against teams that park the bus, and it's seems that's the area Juve is lacking this season :|

The lack of creativity up front was the downfall
5xkNR.gif

Del Piero should've started.

Just watching Match of the Day and Chelsea's defending is comedy stuff. Seriously, some of that wouldn't look out of place in League One.

What's clear from watching this is that the players have switched off. They're not playing for AvB. You don't fix that. You can't. The man has got to go, and that's really unfortunate.

The best thing for Chelsea as a club right now is if somebody comes in and guts this team inside out in the summer, so long as Abramovich provides the funds to do it.
I don't get this. What somebody needs to do is come in and gut this team out, so then why does AVB have to go? Why can't he be the one to gut the team out? I think I like most Cheslea fans can see that the players are the problem. I like that AVB came in and tried to do what he could with this team, he could easily of come in and spent money like it was going out of fashion, but he didn't. He tried to work with what he had and give them a chance, but what he has doesn't want to work for him. So keep him, come summer let him do what he want's and then give him the following season to build on that. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Also, I think when AVB was brought in it was with longevity in mind. The idea that they're going to stick with him and see out his plan. I'm convinced he's getting at least two seasons.

Roman may have had an itchy trigger finger in the past, but I think he's learned his lesson. The same squad that sunk Carlo last season are doing much the same to AVB this. If the owner can't see that then he's mad. I think a big shake up is coming to Chelsea this summer.

He can't get sacked before the CL match.
He wont be getting sacked after it either.

rodvik

Kyle I hope you are right, but your owner is a fickle man.

I like AVB as well. Would love to have hi managing our club.

Clegg

I stopped after GoW1
01raZ.gif

Sometimes I wonder why I'm on GAF, the last game I played was Dark Souls.

Gomez needs service! We don't have a Ribery or a Robben*. :(

*I'm assuming Robben provides service to others

The lack of creativity up front was the downfall
5xkNR.gif

Del Piero should've started.

I haven't played a videogame since January.

Dark Souls was amazing when I played it. Still haven't finished it though.

Kyle I hope you are right, but your owner is a fickle man.

I like AVB as well. Would love to have hi managing our club.
I hope I'm right too, :lol

As a side note, if he does get fired, which frankly will be madness. I hope wherever he goes he ends up being hugely successful. It would be nice to show the impatient what they missed out on and what they could of had.

I will never understand the expectation for instant success in football, there is no other business like it.

One of the guys who posts on the Chelsea boards I frequent was at the game today and said our own fans joined in with "You're getting sacked in the morning", which he commended. Shameful shower of bastards.

nemesun

Haven't been keeping up with Man City lately, what's up with Aguero? He had such a promising start that I thought he's gonna take the league by storm. Mancini must be striker's worst nightmare.

Clegg

Federico Macheda is after fucking up on twitter again.

He's on loan to QPR and has only played once or twice. Neil Warnock signed him just before he was sacked. Mark Hughes came in and bought a few strikers. Macheda is now 4th choice. He ain't happy.

"Totally pissed off...this is not what i deserve! F..k all!!!!!"

I reckon that's him finished at QPR.

Sloosha

One of the guys who posts on the Chelsea boards I frequent was at the game today and said our own fans joined in with "You're getting sacked in the morning", which he commended. Shameful shower of bastards.

Didn't watch the match today, but from what I'm hearing it was a pretty poor effort from everyone. Sad that the blame is solely being heaped on the manager and not the players, who seem anything but interested. Hopefully we don't sack AVB.

Blablurn

just watched the cruz game. was quite entertaining to be honest. 4:3 in the end. but monterry showed some nice passing from time to time.

K1LLER7

Mind blown. Is it real?

Yeah actually I find it boring, I'm more of a platformer.

Yurt did you really finish Dark Souls? I'm stuck between the sheep demon, the butterfly, the hydra, the ghosts, the regenerating skeletons.. don't know where to go :(

I went through the forest first, The hydra and the butterfly are the easiest enemies out of the lot you listed, the hydra's heads only go so far, so they're pretty easy to hit.

Think United will get the win tommorow 2-1. Any news on cleverly?

xintin

that's pathetic. what can AVB do with this petulant squad? I hope he's given the knife to carve a team for himself this summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man United - Spurs tomorrow? Nice!

Yurt did you really finish Dark Souls? I'm stuck between the sheep demon, the butterfly, the hydra, the ghosts, the regenerating skeletons.. don't know where to go :(

That was probably the hardest part of the game. You never know where to go! Hmm, I don't remember to be honest, try using an online guide/YouTube if you're stuck! (you shouldn't though)

Clegg

5-2. Not really. I mean, Arsenal are shit. Spurs will kill Man U and then not win another game.

United and Spurs have lolworthy defence at times.

I'm hoping for lots of goals and a United win.

Or a 0-1 United win. Penalty in the 93rd minute would do me fine.

I think they will win. One great match before the implosion. Ruining Man U chances.

If Spurs win tomorrow I will stop posting in GAF altogether for a year. People can quote me on that. Matter of fact I will ask one of the mods to ban me for the year so I don't accidentally post. Spurs will never beat United, that 5-2 loss against United two or three years back convinced me of that.

that's pathetic. what can AVB do with this petulant squad? I hope he's given the knife to carve a team for himself this summer.
The main mod was also there and said the same, said they were also chanting "you don't know what you're doing". Claims he got in to a debate with a load of them :lol, good lad.

I don't know what can be done. Some people complain about AVBs tactics, but I mean, he dropped the high line and plays them in the 4-3-3 they're used to. What more can he do?

Sloosha

Yep, sacking the manger will further perpetuate the influence that these big egos in the dressing room seemingly hold. Can't have the players undermining the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom