• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I remember telling people to shut the fuck up chanting "Hodgson for England" last season. Makes a bad situation worse.

WJD

The main mod was also there and said the same, said they were also chanting "you don't know what you're doing". Claims he got in to a debate with a load of them :lol, good lad.

I don't know what can be done. Some people complain about AVBs tactics, but I mean, he dropped the high line and plays them in the 4-3-3 they're used to. What more can he do?

One of these lads wouldn't by any chance go by the surname of Hinsley would they?

Kyoufu

So today right. 85 million pounds worth of signings were on the bench.

Torres and Carroll.

Sad times for both these players.

Clegg

He's never going to cut it for us, and he's a knobhead.

I'd give him one more chance.

Send him down to a Championship club and see how he cuts it there. He needs regular games and he just won't get them in the PL.

If he fails in a lower division then I think United should get rid. Tbh I think Fergie would have cut him by now if it weren't for his goals against Villa and Chelsea.

I think its mainly cause the reactions from fans differ so much. If I remember correctly, when Rafael dived, like really badly. Most posts were: "SMH Rafael" "lol rafael" Compare that to when Suarez does anything close to a dive. I think that's what is mainly being argued by the L'pool guys, Suarez hate clouding peoples judgement on everything he does.
I personally cant really tell if it was a dive against Arsenal, even if there was contact, it was very minimal. So more like overreacting/play acting(busquets/pepe like)
which is horrible to watch

I think it's interesting that when Rafael dived alot of those posts were by United fans.

Suarez creates such extremes because the reactions on both sides are pretty crazy IMO. He gets incredible abuse but equally some ridiculous defense force. The two push each other to create this Suarez storm.

Dibbz

Just reading and interview from Alex Ferguson about Redknapp and the England job and this particular quote stood out to me.

"The key thing is to make sure your personality is the most important one at the club. The minute you allow players to dominate you or demonstrate a stronger personality then you are struggling. I have never had any issues on that score and I think Harry is probably the same."

Chelsea has this problem. The players seem to run the club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/03/sir-alex-ferguson-harry-redknapp-england

Chanting your getting sacked in the morning? Meh, that's what happens when you go to every match and see the same shit play week after week, not saying that it's purely AVB's fault or anything, but the manager is always the first in the line of fire.

Arnie

Chanting your getting sacked in the morning? Meh, that's what happens when you go to every match and see the same shit play week after week, not saying that it's purely AVB's fault or anything, but the manager is always the first in the line of fire.

There's ways of showing your disproval at aspects of the club you support without cute and humiliating one liners.

Arnie

Oh really? Here I was thinking it was the only way, thanks for the clarification though.
No need to get defensive.

It's unjustifiable to sing such things because you're displeased with the football your team are playing. That's what I meant. Not that you're some unintelligible goon who shouts "you're getting sacked in the morning" at your telly to get it to change channels.

elsk

Banned
AnGzVybCMAA9tWb.jpg

rodvik

Argentina legend Diego Maradona has urged Sergio Aguero to ignore his Atletico Madrid connections and join Real Madrid, insisting such a move would represent "his big break"

"However, if Madrid want someone, they get them. Florentino has no limits. It's a question of convincing City, but not with money because they have plenty of that.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...o-aguero-should-play-for-real-madrid-?cc=5901

hmm, kaka for kun man city? :D

I do hope Messi keeps modest, silent and classy after he retires, it would sadden me to see him become one of those retired clown footballers shooting his mouth off every week to try and gain attention.

No need to get defensive.

Just got annoyed that you think you should point that out, it's common sense that it's far from the only thing you can do. My point is that you get frustrated as a fan, especially if you use as much money and time on football as the people who got season tickets and comes to every match, it's hard to not get frustrated at times and sing some stupid shit (which turning against the manager is... Unless it's a blackburn situation or something crazy).

This is how you deal with racists chants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ezQd97tRWc8

Hahahaha. I'd love to see the look on their faces.

That's fucking perfect

Anybody from South America (or anywhere really!) know much about a guy called Dede who plays for Vasco? Apparently quite a few European clubs are following him and he's very highly rated.

elsk

Banned
You just assume anyone from South America is going to follow the brazilian league? :p
I watched him in the Copa Sudamericana last year, they played against Universidad de Chile (champions). I'm not sure about this but I think he's famous because he scores goals very often, but as defender... idk, he isn't that incredible or anything. At least in the couple of matches I saw of him.

ps. You can take Breno is you want, for free!

You just assume anyone from South America is going to follow the brazilian league? :p
I watched him in the Copa Sudamericana last year, they played against Universidad de Chile (champions). I'm not sure about this but I think he's famous because he scores goals very often, but as defender... idk, he isn't that incredible or anything. At least in the couple of matches I saw of him.
Hehe, well I just thought that someone from the continent would have seen a bit of him as I don't think we have anybody who lives in Brazil in this thread (or do we?!).

Thanks anyway. I think he's began to play for the national team now so is getting some recognition. One to keep an eye on maybe ahead of the World Cup.

elsk

Banned
Hehe, well I just thought that someone from the continent would have seen a bit of him as I don't think we have anybody who lives in Brazil in this thread (or do we?!).

Thanks anyway. I think he's began to play for the national team now so is getting some recognition. One to keep an eye on maybe ahead of the World Cup.

David Luiz also plays for the national team, you know :p
I believe Fry is brazilian.

Wilbur

Banned
TOMWAITS OH

whyis fe so hard my ears arer ing and i hvetom be uopl at si o clock

FUCK EVERYBHTINF

people suck try be nicece jak

Clegg

i dah a lro t ot drink

Have you been drinking paint thinner?

Beer doesn't seem to get me drunk. It's the whiskey that makes me gee eyed.

Edit: I'm picturing Beaker, pissed off his tits, as the one making Wilburys posts. It's quite hilarious.

Just rolled out of bed after a great night last night, boy were we terrible for most of the game but man RVP do i love you or what. Also Szceszny had his best game for Arsenal so far and still only 21, lets hope we hold onto him and RVP for the long run.

Heppell

Banned
Dw worry Bayern fans, I do believe Bayern will go on a big spending spree in the summer. You haven't spent much in the last couple of seasons and fans are voicing there disapproval, and your making a lot of revenue so you have cash to spend. I say this as you have already bought shaquri and some other dude and the window hasn't even opened yet.

elsk

Banned
Dw worry Bayern fans, I do believe Bayern will go on a big spending spree in the summer. You haven't spent much in the last couple of seasons and fans are voicing there disapproval, and your making a lot of revenue so you have cash to spend. I say this as you have already bought shaquri and some other dude and the window hasn't even opened yet.

Dante for 5m and Shaqiri for 9m. And yes, if we end without a trophy we expect a good summer transfer window. That's the only way to see new signings for Bayern, having a shitty season.

edit: we made a lot of money, but still a lot of that goes to the stadium debt. We still have to pay for the stadium, but looks like Gazprom is interested in paying big part of that to become a "sponsor". If we manage that, we could have something like 50m budget for every new season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dante for 5m and Shaqiri for 9m. And yes, if we end without a trophy we expect a good summer transfer window. That's the only way to see new signings for Bayern, having a shitty season.

edit: we made a lot of money, but still a lot of that goes to the stadium debt. We still have to pay for the stadium, but looks like Gazprom is interested in paying big part of that to become a "sponsor". If we manage that, we could have something like 50m budget for every new season.

Give us Ribery. Win-win, trust me.

Lightning

Banned
Feel really sorry for AVB. Chelsea would be a shit club to manage at the moment. They need just as bigger clean out as us.

There is little doubt in my mind that certain Chelsea players don't give a fuck at the moment and are trying to make their own little point about the discontent at the club. Players should never be allowed to put themselves above management and that is what has happened at Chelsea.

Abramovich hammering the manager mid season doesn't help either.

In any case. C-mon UTD and beat Spurs tomorrow!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom