• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

I get that AVB wasnt doing well, but id be very surprised if this move from Chelsea doesnt make things significantly worse.

Wilbur

Banned
He's a fucking idiot, why bring someone in to rebuild a squad and give him no one other than fucking Gary Cahill to do that?

Anderson

517849006dab996245ebc89d91bf-grande.jpg

dc89

Stupid decision by Chelsea. He should have been given til the end of next season. There is too much poison in that dressing room. Just goes to show, if the rumours are true, that Lampard & Terry and Co are bigger than Chelsea. They will not finish top 4 now, I'm putting £10 on it. Arsenal to get 4th.

Jesus, I'm bewildered by this. I also feel bad for Fady too! We had belief in AVB's project!

Bumhead

Banned
I said yesterday after watching Match of the Day that this was inevitable. The players have stopped playing for him. You don't fix that once it happens.

The current playing squad is poisonous. The only solution to this is if a new manager comes in and is allowed to gut the entire squad top to bottom, and if Abramovich funds a manager to do it.

Damn...I liked AVB :(

Don't clubs realize Managers don't build teams in just half a season? Especially when they have been handed baggage like Torres and an owner that clearly likes to interfere in transfer and other matters.

That is what we all have thought. But Roman has sent romantic letters Mou the last years time and they are getting back together.

Mou better be holding out for SAF to retire.

Clegg

I don't see what Chelsea are going to do now.

They can bring in a new manager but it doesn't change the fact that the core of their team is now into their 30's. I suppose the new manager will be given transfer money in the summer but why not let AVB continue his project and move out the deadwood?

A new manager will eventually face the exact same problems as AVB. The only manager I that can lay down the law in that dressing room is Mourinho. And I can't see him leaving Madrid in the summer.

Can we just sack Roman? I will happily be a mid table club rather than a bunch of short sighted, managerial merry go round wankers.

As I said last night, if AVB goes (didn't expect him to) I hope he does amazingly wherever he goes next. Good luck to the man. He will be a top manager.

Edit: might buy a Swansea shirt... :lol (ugh, that wasn't a lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom