• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

You can't blame Arsenal for the second half. No team in the world could have kept all that pressure up for the whole 90 minutes.

Meier

Man, helluva an effort by Arsenal. Can't imagine what a disappointment that must be after getting just to 1 back before HT.

untitled-3dsjrd.gif

dc89

Valiant effort by Arsenal. They can take a lot from that game and apply It in the league and secure 4th place.

Shame for Arsenal, valiant fightback but they fell short. RVP's miss was the turning point. He was pretty bad by his standards and so was Walcott. Shame Ox had to leave the pitch, him and Rosicky really were the heart of Arsenal tonight.

FootballFan

Gunners be proud, great performance, nearly pulled a Deportivo comeback. Though I would be disappointed with the lack of urgency in the last 5-10 minutes. Overall though it was an awesome game. ChampionsLeague Knockout stages are just so entertaining.

snoopen

Great effort, 2nd half was too much to ask.. Should never have got into such a bad 4-0 position to require so much work 2nd leg.

lol @ people cursing arsenal's luck. we missed a couple of complete sitters and their goals were all clear defensive errors. 3-0 was a very flattering scoreline.

i'm proud of arsenal though, they showed a lot of heart. i wish that milan can have a better attitude going forwarrd.

edit: people are complaining about the ref? wtf? i thought he did an exceptional job, except for his decisions not to card a couple of arsenal players for malicious fouls and his decision to give arsenal a goal kick and yellow card nocerino and zlatan. everything else was well done though.

dc89

It seems Tevez played for 75 minutes tonight. City won 3-1 and are no through to some random cup final where they play United.

Manager

As a HUGE Ibra fan, who has followed him since his Malmo days, I gotta say this is his worst performance I've ever seen from him.

The LAZYNESS. The total lack of will to do anything. And, the incredibly sloppy passing in times where Milan needs to keep the ball.

Didn't put a shift in at all. He gets blame for being lazy in matches where he's moving a lot, but today he totally lacked will to play. I can't understand how he thinks. He looked like a 38 year-old ready to put his shoes on the shelf.

like i said, all according to plan.

Honestly, we played like shit today, and it's not the first time this season. If the next two CL matches are gonna be like this, it's better for us to quit now, we didn't deserve this. We were so close to implode.

Great match back at San Siro and all, but today was awful.

Paracelsus

I thought he was quite good until the last 15 minutes when he began to hold on to the ball a bit too much.

He received literally zero service all game.

Ibra needs both field to play and you leaving him field to play. He's usually quite the ghost against teams who want to play football against Milan.

Scum

Unlucky Arsenal. Don't fret, this time next week we'll be laughing our asses' off at Inter & Ranieri! :lol

dschalter

truly a terrible performance, but not quite as in the second half, so yay. also we missed quite a few more chances than arsenal did.

Tonight Chelsea actually resembled a team in some aspects. Mata is a top player, shouldn't take pens though. Meireles delivering one of his smashing efforts which e haven't really got to see since he joined. Torres with a few moments though overall poor. His ball to Danny was a beut and he should of put it away for 3-0.

Last night I predicted we'd turn up and win 3-0. Wasn't far off.

Bobby Di! AVB anger slightly eased.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Van Persie hadn't tried to chip Abbiati they'd have gone to extra time. Perfect result for a Spurs fan, they came so close but failed and picked up several inuries. Great effort though, fair play to Wenger for going for it, even if he risked their league position. They have shown great character in the last two weeks

Wilbur

Banned
lol @ people cursing arsenal's luck. we missed a couple of complete sitters and their goals were all clear defensive errors. 3-0 was a very flattering scoreline.

i'm proud of arsenal though, they showed a lot of heart. i wish that milan can have a better attitude going forwarrd.

edit: people are complaining about the ref? wtf? i thought he did an exceptional job, except for his decisions not to card a couple of arsenal players for malicious fouls and his decision to give arsenal a goal kick and yellow card nocerino and zlatan. everything else was well done though.

Oh god. You missed one sitter, so did they. And the ref was ATROCIOUS. Absolutely awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom