• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

lol @ people cursing arsenal's luck. we missed a couple of complete sitters and their goals were all clear defensive errors. 3-0 was a very flattering scoreline.

i'm proud of arsenal though, they showed a lot of heart. i wish that milan can have a better attitude going forwarrd.

edit: people are complaining about the ref? wtf? i thought he did an exceptional job, except for his decisions not to card a couple of arsenal players for malicious fouls and his decision to give arsenal a goal kick and yellow card nocerino and zlatan. everything else was well done though.
You are blind. The ref was awful.

Scum

untitled-72cu89.gif

Take a bow, Oxfarm Chamberpot! Now on your way to the Euros and show the rest of the English pen. takers how you do it.

Honestly, we played like shit today, and it's not the first time with these results. If the next two CL matches are gonna be like this, it's better for us to quit now, we didn't deserve this. We were so close to implode.

Great match back at San Siro and all, but today was awful.

don't over-exaggerate. we started with the completely wrong mentality, but that happens. still, if you think about it, how many chances did arsenal have that were not complete gifts from our defenders?

look at the second half, whatever max said worked. we were much more disciplined and interested in the game, and we gave arsenal nothing. we could have easily scored one or two goals if things had gone our way, as they had gone arsenal's way in the first half.

Abate impressed me today, good player that.

<3 abate. i wish we could make a left-footed clone of him. berlucunt needs to splash the cash this summer and bring in a quality LB, this is getting ridiculous.

dschalter

the ref wasn't great, but while some of the decisions went his way, the "everything is a foul" stuff that people were complaining about is something that favors the team that needs to 4 goals hugely.

Manager

don't over-exaggerate. we started with the completely wrong mentality, but that happens. still, if you think about it, how many chances did arsenal have that were not complete gifts from our defenders?

look at the second half, whatever max said worked. we were much more disciplined and interested in the game, and we gave arsenal nothing. we could have easily scored one or two goals if things had gone our way, as they had gone arsenal's way in the first half.

<3 abate. i wish we could make a left-footed clone of him. berlucunt needs to splash the cash this summer and bring in a quality LB, this is getting ridiculous.

Taiwo had a very good reputation before he went to you guys, said to be one of the best left backs in Europe. City were close to get him a year or so before. You were unlucky with him.

Was he that bad?

Don't you make fun of Berlesconi!

Fur_Q

Oxide Neutrino better be in the England squad for the Euros if were gonna go out go out in style, oh and the sun newpaper FUCK OFF WITH YOUR PRAYER MATTS - cunts.

Manager

the ref wasn't great, but while some of the decisions went his way, the "everything is a foul" stuff that people were complaining about is something that favors the team that needs to 4 goals hugely.

Arsenal players complained *a lot* about decisions that were right. They basically complained about every single decision.

The ref got some things really bad (Sagna), but got a lot of shit here in the opening 20 minutes where he actually did a pretty good job. It was later on he went down the shitter.

edit
Also Ibra was called a diver when he was basically wrestled down by three players.

pringles

Ibra needs both field to play and you leaving him field to play. He's usually quite the ghost against teams who want to play football against Milan.

Ibra has wreaked havoc on teams A LOT better and including this Arsenal team. He didn't have a great performance today though.

avaya

Hold my hands up, been berating them for a while but that was a great performance and an amazing effort. Made me look like a mug.

I never rate Italian sides against English teams because normally they can not handle the tempo and power that they tend to play at. It isn't cyclical, English sides were too poor technically back in the 90s, now they aren't far away and it's enough.

Saying that Milan were shocking tonight but we came out fighting. If we didn't play so fucking anaemic at the San Siro we would have knocked this lot out.

Hope Robin isn't affected by the miss, just unlucky. Ox is a bit like Rooney, he is fucking immensely built at his age, he is going to be a beast when he is 24-27.

Also Gary Neville is a legendary commentator. BINGO time. Indeed it was bingo time.

rar

how does that favor the team that needs goals, i would think it slows down the game and breaks any momentum they have

Taiwo had a very good reputation before he went to you guys, said to be one of the best left backs in Europe. City were close to get him a year or so before. You were unlucky with him.

Was he that bad?

maldini publicly criticized him for being a shitty defender, that was his death sentence. i personally don't think he was that bad, had a killer cross and a good shot. i'm thinking the reason he left was a combination of what maldini said and probably problems gelling with the squad.

Also Ibra was called a diver when he was basically wrestled down by three players.

seriously ibra gets fouled more than most players but because he is so big and exaggerates everyone complains

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Abate really turned his game around, I don't remember he was this good before!
di natale was on the pitch for most of that game though.
Yeah. But IIRC, Udinese played way better? And as soon as Isla and Di Natale got injured, Milan scored two goals in quick succession.

Wilbur

Banned
di natale was on the pitch for most of that game though.

there might just have been some other chances in the second half...

The one which Ibra missed when Ches kicked it anywhere but it was so half arsed it doesn't even count.

Ox has got such potential. RvP, Walcott and Gervinho poor. Koscielny was magnificent.

And I've liked Abate for a while, he's great.

Just read this point somewhere else, but Arsenal will look pretty good in the next few years with Wilshere, Frimpong, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lansbury, plus a couple smart purchases.

Cobano

Neo Member
So happy the team gave it their all. It's such a shame the first game they played like a bunch of 10 year olds. You could tell they ran out of steam the last 20 minutes, and who can blame them.

Abbiati's double save was pretty amazing, can't believe it was Robin who missed the sitter.

Fur_Q

Hold my hands up, been berating them for a while but that was a great performance and an amazing effort. Made me look like a mug.

I never rate Italian sides against English teams because normally they can not handle the tempo and power that they tend to play at. It isn't cyclical, English sides were too poor technically back in the 90s, now they aren't far away and it's enough.

Saying that Milan were shocking tonight but we came out fighting. If we didn't play so fucking anaemic at the San Siro we would have knocked this lot out.

Hope Robin isn't affected by the miss, just unlucky. Ox is a bit like Rooney, he is fucking immensely built at his age, he is going to be a beast when he is 24-27.

Also Gary Neville is a legendary commentator. BINGO time. Indeed it was bingo time.

I know your only saying that because he was gripping Arsenals SHAFT and working it like a bitch.

Scum

Why doesn't Walcott take lessons from van Persie? He's in a team with a damn fine striker and the guy's still piss poor! He should start fucking learning!

Lol he'd show a lot more than just penalties. :p
That's true! :lol

avaya

The result was more important for signalling the approach we have to the Champions League, no matter what the board think about winning the team restored some semblance of respect.

Van Bommel just crippled Walcott when he decided it was getting too much for the LB to handle.

All right, we started with the wrong mentality. But today we were so close to pull another La Curuna. Today we were just lucky imho, but if we play against this with Barcelona for example, the result won't be the same.

If you play like this in CL, one time you may win and get to the next turn, another one you may lose 5-0 and get kicked out in the worst way possible. Honestly, I've seen enough of this Milan matches, I'd like to see the team manage the result from the match before in a more serious way. That's it, which is what a normal team would do.

Wilbur

Banned
Just read this point somewhere else, but Arsenal will look pretty good in the next few years with Wilshere, Frimpong, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lansbury, plus a couple smart purchases.

Ches (good)

Jenkinson (so far bad)
Koscielny (good this season)
Vermaelen (good if a little overrated)
Gibbs (no idea, he's generally dead

Frimpong (potentially very good)
Wilshere (very good already)
Lansbury (always liked the look of him)

Ox (potentially great, very good now)
NEED A NEW STRIKER WHEN RVP IS OLD OR GOES
Walcott (I've been saying he's crap for YEARS)

I went and fixed it up for you. :p

I wanted to say that but didn't want to upset the fans. I have love for Arsenal thou.

Ironic that it was Walcott's shocking cross that actually led to the second goal.

That doesn't suddenly make him any better. One cross doesn't make an awful player suddenly good. I can point to a few horrible players who done one or two good moves but that didn't make them less shitty.

I'm kinda happy Newcastle didn't get Gervinho in the end and that he opted for Arsenal instead. Then again, I'm sure he would have done more for us than Obertan...

Liverpool was linked with him also at one point, I'm glad we didn't end up with him. But then we ended up with Downing instead :/

elsk

Banned
AC Milan is not longer a true competitor for the CL, IMO.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Napoli and Bayern (with Schweini returning).

avaya

I know your only saying that because he was gripping Arsenals SHAFT and working it like a bitch.

Yeah, no. He is genuinely more interesting to listen to than pretty much anyone else. The fact he's played against the current couple generations of players just adds to it.

Empty

Ches (good)

Jenkinson (so far bad)
Koscielny (good this season)
Vermaelen (good if a little overrated)
Gibbs (no idea, he's generally dead

Frimpong (potentially very good)
Wilshere (very good already)
Lansbury (always liked the look of him)

Ox (potentially great, very good now)
NEED A NEW STRIKER WHEN RVP IS OLD OR GOES
Walcott (I've been saying he's crap for YEARS)

miyachi looks a good talent in walcott's position

Wilbur

Banned
Spalletti to Chelsea maybe? He was great at Roma, 7-1's withstanding.

Napoli won't win it, it'll be Barca or Madrid.

And yeah actually good shout for Ryo, maybe shove Walcott up front. He can finish, just can't put in a cross.

Manager

Napoli has been reeeeeally bad against some teams in Italy. Their style suits very bad against certain types of play.

elsk

Banned
Napoli has been reeeeeally bad against some teams in Italy. Their style suits very bad against certain types of play.

RM and Barcelona were bad against some spanish lame sides too. That tells you nothing. They know how to play against big teams, and that's what counts on CL. And I'm pretty sure they're more into winning the CL than playing Serie A this season.

I'm not longer sure if it was smart to let Napoli alive, and killing Man City.

avaya

Yeah Theo isn't good enough and Gervinho needs more discipline in his game. Miyaichi will replace Theo. As fast, has a first and second touch, has more vision.

All right, we started with the wrong mentality. But today we were so close to pull another La Curuna. Today we were just lucky imho, but if we play against this with Barcelona for example, the result won't be the same.

If you play like this in CL, one time you may win and get to the next turn, another one you may lose 5-0 and get kicked out in the worst way possible. Honestly, I've seen enough of this Milan matches, I'd like to see the team manage the result from the match before in a more serious way. That's it, which is what a normal team would do.

we were never going to manage the match with players like urby, el-shaarawy and mesbah on the field. they just don't have the discipline or experience. plus, if prince was on the field he would have scored an amazing front flip scorpion goal while banging melissa satta and pulling his hamstring.

i'm just saying, we had a bad game, made some mistakes, but considering the injuries i'll take it. i still think the 3-0 flattered arsenal, they did nothing in the second half and created zero chances in the first half that weren't complete gifts from our defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom