• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Well played Arsenal. I said at the start of the night I would be happy with a win but what a win it was. So close. Everybody played amazingly well. The back 4 were outstanding, so solid and Szczesny made some very good calls coming to collect and stop Milan.

I'm upset Arsenal are out after having played so fucking well. No one gave Arsenal a chance and fuck, it's just a sad way the end the CL. :(

At least we can hold our heads high and say we battered Milan at home on the way out.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli has been reeeeeally bad against some teams in Italy. Their style suits very bad against certain types of play.

They're bad when you force them to dictate the play. So, bad against small teams or if you score first!

Chelsea scored first, and tried to score more for some reason.

avaya

we were never going to manage the match with players like urby, el-shaarawy and mesbah on the field. they just don't have the discipline or experience. plus, if prince was on the field he would have scored an amazing front flip scorpion goal while banging melissa satta and pulling his hamstring.

i'm just saying, we had a bad game, made some mistakes, but considering the injuries i'll take it. i still think the 3-0 flattered arsenal, they did nothing in the second half and created zero chances in the first half that weren't complete gifts from our defenders.

Your last paragraph, what do you think happened at the San Siro? We haven't played as shit as that since Old Trafford in August.

Manager

RM and Barcelona were bad against some spanish lame sides too. That tells you nothing.

They know how to play against big teams, and that's what counts on CL. And I'm pretty sure they're more into winning the CL than playing Serie A this season.

Napoli has 10 draws and 5 losses in 26 matches, it's nowhere near Barca's or RM's stats this season.

They are where they are thanks to City and Chelsea being utter shit in CL.

Your last paragraph, what do you think happened at the San Siro? We haven't played as shit as that since Old Trafford in August.

it's weird how similar both legs were. you guys had the completely wrong mentality in the first leg, and vice versa in london. i guess we just took advantage of it more when we had the chance. also we had prince at san siro.

i have to say though, arsenal is my favorite english team and this is a pretty good result because milan goes through and arsenal gets a nice morale boost. only problem is the injuries.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!

Fur_Q

Yeah, no. He is genuinely more interesting to listen to than pretty much anyone else. The fact he's played against the current couple generations of players just adds to it.

Yeah he's a top notch pundit who actually has interesting points of view but as a commentator he was way to biased. Oooooohhhhhhh woooahhhhh phil you have a tight arse kind of reaction to arses goals don't help his case.

Impartiality is key whilst pointing out and giving decisive opinions during a match is more what he should be doing, but it's his first season doing it so we'll wait and see how he goes about it.

Excellent performance by Arsenal, I quit the chelsea FA cup replay to watch this and was not dissapointed, Chamberlain is gonna be immense in the future I wish Chelsea would give some of our younger players the same opportunity.

avaya

it's weird how similar both legs were. you guys had the completely wrong mentality in the first leg, and vice versa in london. i guess we just took advantage of it more when we had the chance. also we had prince at san siro.

i have to say though, arsenal is my favorite english team and this is a pretty good result because milan goes through and arsenal gets a nice morale boost. only problem is the injuries.

I agree really, both sides had shocking away legs. If you guys can avoid Barca and Real till the final...who knows.

we were never going to manage the match with players like urby, el-shaarawy and mesbah on the field. they just don't have the discipline or experience. plus, if prince was on the field he would have scored an amazing front flip scorpion goal while banging melissa satta and pulling his hamstring.

i'm just saying, we had a bad game, made some mistakes, but considering the injuries i'll take it. i still think the 3-0 flattered arsenal, they did nothing in the second half and created zero chances in the first half that weren't complete gifts from our defenders.

I don't ask to dominate Arsenal in their stadium. I just ask to try and do something in the first half, and don't be raped by every single player. That's it.

I'll take the result as well, but I'm worried for the next turn.

elsk

Banned
Excellent performance by Arsenal, I quit the chelsea FA cup replay to watch this and was not dissapointed, Chamberlain is gonna be immense in the future I wish Chelsea would give some of our younger players the same opportunity.

They are doing it!
at HSV.

Dibbz

Oh BTW that ref was a fucking lunatic. 5 minutes in and he gave, what, 4 or 5 yellow cards? Guy tried to ruin the match as quick as possible.

FootballFan

Messi is expected to play, right? If not I'm fucked in the UCL fantasy team.

Well of course Messi will play, it's Messi, if Pep doesn't start him(which is rare) then Messi will sub himself on at half-time.
Plus Barca will need something upfront as its likely going to be Keita, Busquets, Masch, Cuenca and Tello starting.

I despair with Gervinho and Walcott at times, really starting to think we should let both leave but I'll give them another season or 2 to prove me wrong.

Well done Arsenal, we managed to restore some pride at least. I won't criticise RVP for the miss either, without him this season it's frightening to imagine where we would be.

At least next season AOC should push someone out of the team permanently and Jacky will hopefully be back with a good pre season behind him. Looking forward to seeing what Miyaichi and Joel Campbell can do as well. Though It would be great to not be relying on unproven players, but what can we do with so little money. Still... I'm naively hopeful on Podolski.

avaya

Yeah he's a top notch pundit who actually has interesting points of view but as a commentator he was way to biased. Oooooohhhhhhh woooahhhhh phil you have a tight arse kind of reaction to arses goals don't help his case.

Impartiality is key whilst pointing out and giving decisive opinions during a match is more what he should be doing, but it's his first season doing it so we'll wait and see how he goes about it.

Disagree, I prefer they not hide their bias. In European games commentators tend always to be biased towards a team from their league.

Benfica 2-0 Zenit

1-0 Maxi Pereira
it4VkEjVsKmDy.gif

i8iILRqRf0bGI.gif

2-0 Nelson Oliveira
i6SWxChsfyiHx.gif

lucifer, as further solace i would just remind you that the first half was the first time we ever played with three strikers under max. allegri has admitted he made a tactical error. when aquilani came on and we switched to our normal formation we starting bossing possession as usual.

i missed aquaman so much, happy to have him back.

Fur_Q

Disagree, I prefer they not hide their bias. In European games commentators tend always to be biased towards a team from their league.

Well then you must cum in your pants every time Clive Tyldesley cums in his pants everytime United score on every game he commentates on especially the european ties they partake in.

Can i cum to the cum party?

Dibbz

I fucking weep for Newcastle come Monday.

Won't be pretty. RVP is going to get this loss out of his system.

Thankfully it is on a Monday. Arsenal players need a massive rest after the last week and a bit. Going to be a tough game with or without these injuries.

elsk

Banned
Pogba, 18, was lured by a lucrative contract worth over €1 million (Dh4.8m) a season, while the player's agent Mino Raiola is understood to have agreed a €2m commission on the deal.

Amazing.
KuGsj.gif

2m Euro's for his agent?

Actually ridiculous. It was never ever about playing time or wages. Gutted.

Why does no one want to play for United? This is the 2nd high profile youth team player to leave this season right?
Morrison was never offered a contract it seems so I think that was more a case of us not wanting to keep him.

Pogba we definitely wanted to keep. His agent has done the damage here. His agent is one of the worst (or best?) around. Basically stole him from his previous agent...and has now screwed us over too.

FootballFan

Pogba Signs for Juve

$2m for his agent?

Less per week than we were said to be offering him?

Kill. Me. Now.

His agent is Mino Raiola?? SMH. Who would have thought you can hate a football agent lol.

Edit: Probably the richest agent in football. Guy represents Ibra, Van Bommel, Balotelli, Hamsik, Assaidi. Don't know how he gets all these players, he is only after money lol.(maybe the players are too)

Clegg

Why does no one want to play for United? This is the 2nd high profile youth team player to leave this season right?

Morrison was a nut job. United got rid of him.

Pogba looks like he's moving because Juventus have promised him more gametime. And also because his agent gets a massive commission from the sale.

I'm know Utd fan but he can't have been that good given his age and the number of times he's played first team football. I wonder how good Cleverly is compared to him, probably better.
He's still very much a talent but he is a very very talented player.

I don't think his number of appearances at his age means much. Better players than him haven't broken through than letter, worse players have broken through younger.

lucifer, as further solace i would just remind you that the first half was the first time we ever played with three strikers under max. allegri has admitted he made a tactical error. when aquilani came on and we switched to our normal formation we starting bossing possession as usual.

i missed aquaman so much, happy to have him back.

Then why we played the entire first half with three strikers? Once you see that the formation isn't that great, you try to fix it somehow. You ask one of the strikers to don't simply stand in front of their defense waiting for the ball, and to help the midfielders, just for 20 minutes, until the break. That was an error, Allegri admitted it, lesson learned. It just shouldn't take an entire half for a Milan manager.

I think I'm just worried to see another comeback similar to the ones in 2004 and 2005, I have enough of them for my lifetime.

He's still very much a talent but he is a very very talented player.

I don't think his number of appearances at his age means much. Better players than him haven't broken through than letter, worse players have broken through younger.

He must pretty special in that case. And you guys definitely need that Scholes replacement and he could have that for you. Ferguson will definitely have to get someone in the summer then, don't want you getting Goetze though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom