• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe I did go a bit crazy, I apologise. I just would have been fuming if that had gone against Man U haha, I wanted Milan to win, and meh. That's it. Apologies.

And I dare you to find one Inter fan, player or neutral who sat there for that first leg when Barcelona were not just beaten, but destroyed 3-1, who didn't think 'fuck me this is how you play against Barcelona.' It was incredible. And the reason they won is because they knew their limitations on the technical side. They used every ounce of knowledge, nous and power to fulfil their potential on their strengths.

This game is one of the best memories I have of football as a neutral and a very 'young' follower. I was in such awe as a spectator.

Zabojnik

This must be old as sin, but I've seen it today for the first time and I loled hard.

30005_386486818018_353600888018_3941366_4786530_n.jpg

rodvik

Don't start the referee call discussion again :lol. We never get anywhere.
It will always be like this. lol

edit
Also guys I want to apologize for acting like a douche earlier, during game-time I am too hyped lol. But you guys also have to understand how frustrating it is to have people taking away victories and just saying corruption, uefalona, unicef etc. It almost feels like we were knocked out by Milan even though I know we are in the semis. :(

I like this one, new to me, thanks , will use :)

I didnt see the game but I am a die hard Barcelona hater :) Actually not so much hate, just bored of seeing them win all the time.

FootballFan

I like this one, new to me, thanks , will use :)

I didnt see the game but I am a die hard Barcelona hater :) Actually not so much hate, just bored of seeing them win all the time.

Yeah I know of your hate, used to read your posts as a lurker and wanted to reply so bad sometimes. :lol

It is Mila Kunis , thanks to Slizz :) Wanted to give all of you a break from the jawsome Olivia Wilde.

Mila Kunis is so fine.
Damn.

Lol lets not start Rooney vs Messi. Rooney is a fucking great player and I am pretty sure even he knows he isn't better. But no shame in not being the best when Messi is around. The guy is crazy. 14 goals this CL already.
Lots of strikers don't get 14 goals during their whole season in all competitions.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I know of your hate, used to read your posts as a lurker and wanted to reply so bad sometimes. :lol

Mila Kunis is so fine.
Damn.

Lol lets not start Rooney vs Messi. Rooney is a fucking great player and I am pretty sure even he knows he isn't better. But no shame in not being the best when Messi is around. The guy is crazy. 14 goals this CL already.
Lots of strikers don't get 14 goals during their whole season in all competitions.

He doesn't even think Messi is the best!

rodvik

Come at me bro! :)

Seriously I almost always want the underdog to win. Given Barca are better than everybody that means I always want them to lose. I do respect them and how they play though, its beautiful to watch, I only wish other teams would raise to their level.

Let me assure you it was like drinking poison supporting ManU in the final last year. Happily I wont have to do that again any time soon :)

Wilbur

Banned
I have changed my mind since last year. Messi has been head and shoulders the best player in the world this season, sadly :(

Oh he is, he's just incredible.

For what it's worth, I think Rooney is the best player in the Premier League. I know people will think I am biased but meh. I know van Persie has had a great season as well, but for me Rooney's just pipped him to player of the season so far.

FuturusX

For what it's worth, I think Rooney is the best player in the Premier League. I know people will think I am biased but meh. I know van Persie has had a great season as well, but for me Rooney's just pipped him to player of the season so far.

Has to be RVP, without him Arsenal would be struggling. Valencia, along with Rooney has been the difference for UTD and Mancini's inept managerial skills, but that's nothing compared to RVP's exploits for me.

Messi

I was reading Graham Hunters Barca book and it blew my mind when he said Sergio Busquets was 10 years old when Man United beat Bayern in the CL final in the Camp Nou.

How time flys. Such an amazing game.

FootballFan

Come at me bro! :)

Seriously I almost always want the underdog to win. Given Barca are better than everybody that means I always want them to lose. I do respect them and how they play though, its beautiful to watch, I only wish other teams would raise to their level.

Let me assure you it was like drinking poison supporting ManU in the final last year. Happily I wont have to do that again any time soon :)

:p

Understandable. I doubt this Barca domination will continue for much longer, maybe the hate will linger away then lol.

That game vs ManU was so much better than the previous final against them. Was thoroughly entertained. Most people are usually against Barcelona winning, and it's understandable, I just don't like when conspiracy claims are thrown about.

edit

Rooney is better than RVP, but RVP has performed better this season. If that makes sense. Rooney has had many top seasons where as this is RVPs first time he has been so good and important. (I think, unless I forgot some other season where RVP was really good?) Not taking anything away from Van Persie, he has been amazing this season. Who knows where Arsenal would be without him

edit edit
Ohh if you are talking about winning the player of the year award for the EPL then it is def. RVP.

Van Persie is player of the season.

I also think Rooney is the best player in the league. I am biased too, but we're right anyway so it's cool.

Wilbur

Banned
Has to be RVP, without him Arsenal would be struggling. Valencia, along with Rooney has been the difference for UTD and Mancini's inept managerial skills, but that's nothing compared to RVP's exploits for me.

I would have no complaints if it was van Persie. How many is it on the shortlist, 6?

RvP
Rooney
Valencia
Aguero

are definites for me. Silva faded after a great start but I'd probably still have him on there. Ba, Cabaye and Coloccini all have been brilliant, as have Bale and Friedel. Probably between that lot for who would go on next.

WJD

Van Persie is player of the season.

I also think Rooney is the best player in the league. I am biased too, but we're right anyway so it's cool.

Got to agree on both counts. I think when he's in his best form he's in the top 5-10 players in the world. Though this season, while he's been scoring consistently, I don't think he's quite played to his highest level as consistently unfortunately. Still an absolutely sublime player.

Also, as noted on MNF last night, his temperament is basically a non issue now (no yellows or reds all season!)

I would have no complaints if it was van Persie. How many is it on the shortlist, 6?

RvP
Rooney
Valencia
Aguero

are definites for me. Silva faded after a great start but I'd probably still have him on there. Ba, Cabaye and Coloccini all have been brilliant, as have Bale and Friedel. Probably between that lot for who would go on next.
Kompany should be on the list, maybe Yaya Toure too. I wouldn't have Silva on it, he was awesome start of the season but he's been quiet for almost 3 months now, that's a long long time.

RVP, Rooney, Aguero, Bale, Kompany and Dempsey would be the 6 on my shortlist.

Slizz

Got to agree on both counts. I think when he's in his best form he's in the top 5-10 players in the world. Though this season, while he's been scoring consistently, I don't think he's quite played to his highest level as consistently unfortunately. Still an absolutely sublime player.

Also, as noted on MNF last night, his temperament is basically a non issue now (no yellows or reds all season!)

He's been too busy running deep in to the midfield to get the ball to have any sort of temperament ;)

EDIT: RvP PL POTY

FuturusX

RVP has always been brilliant, but he's been hampered by injury prone seasons. This is the first season in a while where's he been clear to show his class.

Wilbur

Banned

I'd probably have him fifth, maybe sixth depending on how I feel about Busquets on the day haha.

Clegg

RVP has been the best player in the league this season but Rooney is the better player overall imo.

He just has more to his game then RVP. Stick Rooney up front, on the left, behind the striker, in midfield even, he'll still be a class player.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it just me who thinks Lescott has been better than Kompany this season? Good shout on Toure and Dempsey as well actually.

FuturusX

Dempsey has been great. I remember those rumours of Liverpool interest...I reacted badly oto that, thought we were too big a club for that type of player *looks at Carroll* Yeah bad move...

Henderson, Downing and Carroll would have something to say about that sir!

You're not wrong, 3 way tie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom