• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSider

But what if I grew to hate them due to extreme amount of bad decisions that go their way? Rather than what you're assuming, which is that I hate them, and therefore incorrectly and subjectively assume they get the decisions.

Edit: and just because I dislike them, doesn't make my assessment any less true. I hate MUFC and I hate how they score last minute goals, but that's how you win leagues and I respect that. I don't respect Barcelona and their referee chums.

So.. what? You think they pay off referees? When do you think the first whistle blower (ha) will come forward?

i just looked it up out of curiosity and cissokho wasn't playing, nor on the bench, in the lyon-lille match fergie went to.

would love a new left back though.
Ah right, hmm, maybe he was there for Hazard then :) Defo need a new LB. Evra has been shit for 2 years and he's getting on now, I love him and don't wanna see him ditched or anything...but needs must.

So.. what? You think they pay off referees? When do you think the first whistle blower (ha) will come forward?
He already has!

jose_mourinho_380x5_880941a.jpg

Just saw the penalty decision on the second goal. Man, that's some messed up shit lol. Nesta was fouling whoever but he was being fouled by Puyol. Pretty ridiculous decision to give.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't like Barcelona. Just like I don't like Chelsea, and Liverpool, and Manchester City. I have my reasons for liking them and my reasons for disliking them more. That's me personally; Barcelona get a lot of defense in many quarters though.

Salazar

Phew, I'm back.

Fuck flying.

Yet to watch the game. Read all about it, tho. Fuck yeah Tony. Fuck yeah SAF. Let's carry this shit.

K1LLER7

I'd prefer rafael and fabio as RB and LB next season. Though they do get injured often.

Liked barca until they sold Ronaldinho.

No worries, it will. Believe me if Real start winning everything for a few years I will be supporting Barca all the way :)
Haha same, I used to love the Barcelona team with Ronaldinho because it came about after Madrid were having a good spell.

Sick of this Barca, winning pricks. I really hope they get screwed over like super massively sometime soon. It'll be delicious to watch.

Fry

I don't like Barcelona. Just like I don't like Chelsea, and Liverpool, and Manchester City. I have my reasons for liking them and my reasons for disliking them more. That's me personally; Barcelona get a lot of defense in many quarters though.

I don't like Barca either, nor Real Madrid. But I still really enjoy watching them playing (not to each other).

clemenx

Banned
I don't think the refs decided the game but the 2nd penalty was a joke.
Yeah, that's a penalty yadda yadda but that's not enforced in any single place on earth.

Whatever, I'm sure Chelsea will get revenge for 2009 :) that was an actual robbery.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't like Barca either, nor Real Madrid. But I still really enjoy watching them playing (not to each other).

Same. I'll always watch their games, but I'll watch football if it's on haha. Can't get enough of it recently, I thank Footygaf for that

If the last few El Classico's are anything to go by, we're in for a disappointing Champions League Final if those two teams were to meet. It's a shame. There aren't any comparable teams that could match them

Dibbz

I'm glad Barca are through since Chelsea have a chance to go up against them if they can get past Benfica. I just want to see an English club that is not United or Arsenal go up against them.

Sloosha

You wound me.

I personally like Barcelona. The first game I ever went to see live was at the Nou Camp. Still have my 90's Barca kit (can't remember the exact year). Don't really hate any teams tbh, although I am occasionally overcome with odd bouts of schadenfreude - I'm only human.

No, I don't know why it happens, but it does. There are few who will dispute that Barca get a large amount of dodgy decisions going there way. We could always bust out the 2009 videos for posterity.

Wilbur

Banned
You wound me.

I personally like Barcelona. The first game I ever went to see live was at the Nou Camp. Still have my 90's Barca kit (can't remember the exact year). Don't really hate any teams tbh, although I am occasionally overcome with odd bouts of schadenfreude - I'm only human.

If you beat Barca, then I buy a shirt and get Sloosha on the back

I don't like Barcelona nor Real Madrid either though I rather Madrid win stuff this season since I do like Mourhino.

Edit: its too bad our Chelsea team is so weak this season I have been wanting a rematch with those cunts ever since 09 but I fear we may be too weak right now this is of course assuming we overcome Benfica tomorrow.

Moobabe

If the last few El Classico's are anything to go by, we're in for a disappointing Champions League Final if those two teams were to meet. It's a shame. There aren't any comparable teams that could match them

Amazing how two of the best teams on the planet can produce such horrible games of football.

Myself in the first OT for 2011/2012 said:
Since I haven't made any yet, here are my predictions for next season:

Top Four(EPL)
1.United
2.Chelsea
3.Liverpool
4.City

FA Cup:Liverpool
Carling Cup:Arsenal

Top Scorer: Carlos Tevez

Champions League Winner: Bayern wins against Madrid in the final.

My CL prediction was one round off, I suppose. Should be a great set of fixtures, as both squads are full of class. I don't think Madrid's quite in the form they were in closer to the beginning/middle of the season, but they're still plenty dangerous.

The rest of my predictions...eh.
I'd say the chances of United winning the EPL become likelier and likelier with each passing week, though.

clemenx

Banned
Lolol I had forgotten about Ballack in that match, need to search for that.

I was thinking about Drogba at the end of the match for that gif :)

Scum

I like the one of the Juve players hurling the Inter players of the edge of the cliff. Cracks me up every time I see that! :lol

that never even close to a penalty.
1 claim of about 4 or 5.

Edit: and I disagree. Essien conceded a pen against City the other week and I think Kalou one similar against Valencia earlier this season. Both much the same as that shout and both pens all day. Hands in the air like you just don't care? Pen.

FootballFan

The Spanish Supercup games were great. 2-2 first game. 3-2 second. But yeah, honestly I just can't remember the games anymore lol. I don't remember what happened in the league clasico this year, or what happened to Madrid in the copa del rey this season. Way too many meetings are kinda ruining the tie. Its not special if they play 10 times a year.

edit
Ohh the Pepe stomp on Messi and Abidals goal. How could I have forgotten. :S

edit
vv lol The Juve cheerleaders.

dschalter

1 claim of about 4 or 5.

Edit: and I disagree. Essien conceded a pen against City the other week and I think Kalou one similar against Valencia earlier this season. Both much the same as that shout and both pens all day. Hands in the air like you just don't care? Pen.

his arms were up some, but the ball didn't hit him in the forearm, it him right around the armpit and he was turning away. it was a good decision by the referee.

the first appeal was silly, the two in the middle were ones that could have gone either way but at least one probably should have been and the pique handball was a stonewall penalty, so chelsea definitely got unlucky (even when the ridiculous red is taken into account), but not massively so.

his arms were up some, but the ball didn't hit him in the forearm, it him right around the armpit and he was turning away. it was a good decision by the referee.

the first appeal was silly, the two in the middle were ones that could have gone either way but at least one probably should have been and the pique handball was a stonewall penalty, so chelsea definitely got unlucky (even when the ridiculous red is taken into account), but not massively so.
Drogba foul in the box was a pen all day.

Night night GAF. Sleepy time.

Dibbz

Amazing how two of the best teams on the planet can produce such horrible games of football.

No way the last Classico was fucking amazing. Real could have been 2 or 3 up right at the start then conceded 2 goals and came back in the second half.

Would love to see Real Barca CL Final since it's just one game. No 2 leg tactics. Just play hard as fuck for one game and try and win.

FootballFan

Real Madrid playing Barcelona just before the second leg of RM-Bayern is sure going to help us a lot.

Really? Damn it. That means Barca has to play Madrid right before the Semi vs Chelsea AGAIN. That time Barca had won 6-2 vs Madrid in the Bernabeu and went into the 2nd leg with heaps of hype. Who knows what will happen this time.

edit
Why do I keep talking as if Chelsea is already through :lol.
I know they are unlikely to go through, but Benfica still has a chance. Depends if Torres continues his dominating form.

Fantomex

2 pks in the same half for barca? lol

531366_3618562186549_966858255_n.jpg

"They don't need to be given favours. We're talking about the best team in the world. I'm starting to understand Mourinho's reaction every time he comes here. I've been through it myself now. I understand more and more."

u tell them zlatan!

It's getting tired and lame. When they beat you 5-0 and 6-2 the refs were on vacation. But then again I think it says a lot about you when I realized that Etoo/Henry is depicted as a monkey. Stay classy merengue, I see what's in your image archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom