• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
It's getting tired and lame. When they beat you 5-0 and 6-2 the refs were on vacation. But then again I think it says a lot about you when I realized that Etoo/Henry is depicted as a monkey. Stay classy merengue, I see what's in your image archive.

I don't think that's the part of the image, however stupid it is, that he's drawing attention to.

Kyoufu

So I just read something about Berbatov being a fan of Newcastle since he was a kid and that he's leaving Man United in the summer...

Will the stars align?

Ah right, hmm, maybe he was there for Hazard then :) Defo need a new LB. Evra has been shit for 2 years and he's getting on now, I love him and don't wanna see him ditched or anything...but needs must.

I think we can afford a 30-40m gross spend with Berbatov and, seemingly, Park on the way out this summer. Clyne - the young fullback from Crystal Palace who can play either side - looks to be on for close to free. And, yes, we need an alternative to, if not a replacement of, Evra with a stable injury record. It won't hurt Fabio's development much either, since Evra is the wrong side of 30 now. I doubt Martinez is leaving Bielsa's Athletic; M'Vila or Tiote or another midfielder who can be an alternative to Carrick seems like it should be essential. But it's Fergie, so he could trust in Anderson and Cleverley again, and maybe throw Pogba in the deep end; who knows? And given Fergie's comments to Berbatov's agent about injecting pace into the squad, I can see us buying a winger to replace Park - I'd lay better odds on an out-of-contract bargain like Junior Hoilett rather than Hazard, though. Also, never going to happen, but I'd love to see us move on Del Piero with a pay-to-play deal for a Larsson-esque role next season. However, I get the feeling Michael Owen might be too likeable for Fergie to move on. It's a pity Berbatov didn't get himself down to the racetrack. He'll likely be our fourth striker - and first player on the injury table - next season.

Zabojnik

ibra dropping truth bombs. we have jokers in charge of fitness

Oh-uh. Ibra badmouthing the club. You know what that means! Time to put that no. 11 jersey back in the closet, transfer incoming!
I still have Zlatan's no. 9 shirt in mine. :/

Speaking of players that might be moving, if the rumors are to be believed ... Luis Suarez. Apparently Juve, Roma (?) and PSG are getting ready for the assault in the summer. I realize that most people who aren't Liverpool fans (and even some that are) think he's an asshole, but I'm more interested in knowing what his reputation among Liverpool players - his teammates is. Is he liked well enough? He'll probably end up at PSG for an obscene amount of petrol money, but I'd still like to know, just in case Marotta manages to pull off a miracle. I wouldn't want us to get a locker room troublemaker.

Wilbur

Banned
What's the big deal, both pk's were pk's..

tumblr_lp2epd7QrL1qbhtrto1_500.gif

GorillaJu

I love to watch Barça play. It's an absolute pleasure to watch the way they pass the ball, keep possession and create their attacks. There's no question that they're the best team in the world and I always enjoy watching them win.

Their diving and antics, even their two asshat goalkeepers can easily be overlooked. But throw in their entitled, annoying, righteous and downright insufferable fans and it's all off the table.

But I heart Messi (poster) because he doesn't have that awful entitled attitude.

rodvik

I think everyone agrees that the first was a penalty. The second penalty the ball was not even in play yet, he was falling already when he finally hit the ball, that's what the refs takes makes them take a new corner for all the time.

(I havent seen the game) Is that really the penalty? I see Puyol(?) grabbing the Milan player and getting tangled up with a falling over Barcelona player who is being grabbed by the Milan player.

If so, yeah thats pretty soft.

should have been a Red Card for dirty Puyol

clemenx

Banned
The 2nd one is a pk according to the rules, but those kind of things happen in every corner kick in every game and it's never enforced anywhere.
What a coincidence the ref read the rulebook just before a Barça game!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I love to watch Barça play. It's an absolute pleasure to watch the way they pass the ball, keep possession and create their attacks. There's no question that they're the best team in the world and I always enjoy watching them win.

Their diving and antics, even their two asshat goalkeepers can easily be overlooked. But throw in their entitled, annoying, righteous and downright insufferable fans and it's all off the table.

But I heart Messi (poster) because he doesn't have that awful entitled attitude.

Biscuits, and Alves are the two divers in Barca that I agree with you. Fans being obnoxious...those are found everywhere my friend.

As far as those 2 PK's. They were legit. I tried to be unbiased but what can I say? Antonini made a stupid tackle on messi for the 1st and Nesta thought he wouldn't be caught by tugging Biscuits shirt in ref's sight. really dumb of nesta especially since its biscuits of all Barca players lol.

If Chelsea wins and face Barca...and torres scores....an own goal...will it be the end of the world?

rodvik

The 2nd one is a pk according to the rules, but those kind of things happen in every corner kick in every game and it's never enforced anywhere.
What a coincidence the ref read the rulebook just before a Barça game!

Well sure, and Puyols far worse rugby tackle is also a foul surely? Yeah I can see why this place must have been pretty angry at the time.

Lightning

Banned
I'm glad Barca are through since Chelsea have a chance to go up against them if they can get past Benfica. I just want to see an English club that is not United or Arsenal go up against them.
I just want Chelsea gone from the CL so we don't have to be top 3 in order to qualify for next seasons CL.

I know Chelsea's chances are slim of winning but anything can happen on a football field so the sooner they are disposed off the better.

I just want Chelsea gone from the CL so we don't have to be top 3 in order to qualify for next seasons CL.

I know Chelsea's chances are slim of winning but anything can happen on a football field so the sooner they are disposed off the better.

John Terry will lift that CL trophy and make every proper Englishman happy and proud.

GorillaJu

Three comments in a row on my friend's Facebook, all from one person.

Its kinda hard to pull off an upset when the referee is wearing a Barca kit...I hope their plane CRASHES on the way to London, they are the scum of Europe and I HATE THEM with a FUCKING PASSION. I want to buy a Barca kit just to burn it. BARCA MERDA!
7 hours ago · Like · 1

not to mention, when the chips are down they magically have decisions go their way. Sheva Disallowed Goal, Chelsea's penalties and now an absolute horrid 2nd penalty tonight! HALA MADRID HALA MOURINHO!
7 hours ago · Like · 1

I forgot to mention Pepe's "red card" last year...its a joke FC UEFALONA!
6 hours ago · Like

dschalter

i want chelsea out, ideally they'd knock out barcelona and then john terry would slip and fall when taking the penalty that would have won it all.

i know i've said something along those lines before, but that was one of the greatest moments in the history of sport, so it's important to bring it up again.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I feel bad for Higuain, every season he puts up 20 or more goals and every summer they are trying to sell him. I would bail the fuck out of such club to be honest.

neoanarch

I feel bad for Higuain, every season he puts up 20 or more goals and every summer they are trying to sell him. I would bail the fuck out of such club to be honest.

It would be stupid for him to bail out of Real Madrid at 24 based on rumours.

FootballFan

Three comments in a row on my friend's Facebook, all from one person.

Wow lol. I hope the person that 'liked' 2 of those comments was him.
If you want a real laugh, open goal.com player ratings for the match and just read the comments. :lol

Please football fans, we really need to do something. Watching football is getting disgusting, we need to stop this conspiracy for the sake of football. we need to tell UEFA to stop, tell the media to stop. At least we can start by saying it everywhere: we are not dump, we know it, stop it, stop it... Stop cheating, stop fooling us for the sake of GOD! What a Disgrace.

12 vs 11.. referee 10.. today myp = referee.. referee very very goog assist... barcelona recruit referee.. celebration~ referee + barcelona.. hahahahaha~ uefa referee

why dsnt uefa jus give dem da trophy............milan were robbed......shu hav been 2-2.........stupid ref......wen barca cant do it ref does it for dem.....shame on u barca loosers.......cheating every time in da big matches.....i m pissed....

God damn some of these comments have 1500+ thumbs up lol.

panty

Sure.

Emilio Butragueño said:
"Rumours seem to be inevitable. We are delighted with Higuain. He's scored 24 goals in 20 league games and just remember I was the league's top scorer with 19. He is a world class striker and we intend for him to stay here many years. He arrived here very young and we regard him as a club player. He has always behaved impeccably whether he plays or not."
Wow lol. I hope the person that 'liked' 2 of those comments was him.
If you want a real laugh, open goal.com player ratings for the match and just read the comments. :lol

God damn some of these comments have 1500+ thumbs up lol.

Yeah what does it tell you? And you can also add as many :lol's as you like.

Fry

I don't get why you're saying this at this point of the season? Are there any news rumours about Real trying to sell him?

They are probably fake I guess.

tzare

But according to Barça fans this year, Real Madrid has like 10 extra points from refs "mistakes" in La Liga :p

not only barça fans, even heavily biased spanish media say that. it is fact. But again, madrid's loudspeakers in spain are too powerful, they alter reality, they draw at vilarreal , with 2 penalties not given for the yellow team but they turn it into a robbery and leave the pitch without speaking to the media for almost a week. Just like with barça's games. Xavi nailed it, they don't know how to lose. There's always an excuse. of course if they win, with ref helping them , then Mou shakes hands with everyone and you now, refs are human and make mistakes.

It has become really tiring, even if penalties are penalties, or red or yellow cards are well shown, it is always a robbery. If it is the opposite way it is ignored by most or just human error and move on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thiago Silva is the best centre back in the world. No doubt. He's better than Vidic for me.

Yeah XI is probably the way to go, but then I wouldn't know how to accommodate Messi and Ronaldo when looking at it logically haha

Silva is great, but he's not even the best (or 2nd best) CB in Serie A this season.

If the last few El Classico's are anything to go by, we're in for a disappointing Champions League Final if those two teams were to meet. It's a shame. There aren't any comparable teams that could match them

I'm a Barcelone>RM fan, but if we are to judge by the play of these two teams recently, I think RM will win. Barcelona is too sloppy in the back and not very effective in the front.

FootballFan

Silva is great, but he's not even the best (or 2nd best) CB in Serie A this season.

All hail Barzagli. Fifa commentator says his name in the most non-italian way. He is a beast in fifa, though his stats aren't that great. Maybe it's just me.

Who according to you is better than Silva at CB?

edit
Speaking of CBs I just googled Puyols girlfriend Malena Costa, wow. She must love him for his looks and personality. :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't get why you're saying this at this point of the season? Are there any news rumours about Real trying to sell him?

They are probably fake I guess.

It's pretty obvious Florentino wants Aguero at all costs, and AS posted something about a possible deal Higuain+10 millions for Aguero. They aren't exactly throwing shit at a wall to see if it sticks. Rumours have been rampant since last summer about Aguero and Madrid.

GorillaJu

Who has been the best this season? I haven't watched a single Serie A game except for that really impressive Juve game at the start of the season where Vidal scored a fantastic volley off a lofted through ball over the defensive line.

Messi

<3 thanks dude

Noirulus

NSider

Drogba foul in the box was a pen all day.

I think this was much clearer, no? And Ballack should have been sent off in the same match, easily. That would have slightly impacted the second leg. Also, Abidal's sending off was ridiculous.

So Ovrebo was shit during that game. Stark was shit in the first leg. Shit happens.

Oh, and Van Persie's red card last year against Barca? Should have been sent off for this (video). Also, Messi scored a clearly legitimate goal in the first leg that was disallowed for offside.

I really don't like to argue about this stuff, and two wrongs don't make a right.. but this conspiracy bullshit has really become annoying lately.

FootballFan

It's going to be a cracker! I think it will be much more enjoyable than Chelsea-Barca.

I get the feeling that most Bayern fans really hate Real Madrid. Why?

Maybe it's Mourinho? Since he beat them with Inter last time.
Most seem excited at the prospect of playing against one of the best teams in the world. It's a good test for Bayern to see how good they really are. I am really looking forward to it.
Lahm vs CRonaldo. Ribery vs Ramos, Robben vs Marcelo, Gomez vs the goal.

Oxx

Nobody ever posts the Joe Cole freak-out GIF from that Chelsea/Barca semi-final.

(At least I think that was from that match).

tzare

I think this was much clearer, no? And Ballack should have been sent off in the same match, easily. That would have slightly impacted the second leg. Also, Abidal's sending off was ridiculous.

So Ovrebo was shit during that game. Stark was shit in the first leg. Shit happens.

Oh, and Van Persie's red card last year against Barca? Should have been sent off for this (video). Also, Messi scored a clearly legitimate goal in the first leg that was disallowed for offside.

I really don't like to argue about this stuff, and two wrongs don't make a right.. but this conspiracy bullshit has really become annoying lately.

agree. only explaining part of the story is the problem here.

Blablurn

It's going to be a cracker! I think it will be much more enjoyable than Chelsea-Barca.

I get the feeling that most Bayern fans really hate Real Madrid. Why?

it's not really hate. it's more like a healthy rivalry between both teams since they have met each other pretty often. and i think bayern is the team who won the most games against madrid in the champions league. it's really a nice competition.

Gambit

Maybe it's Mourinho? Since he beat them with Inter last time.
Most seem excited at the prospect of playing against one of the best teams in the world. It's a good test for Bayern to see how good they really are. I am really looking forward to it.
Lahm vs CRonaldo. Ribery vs Ramos, Robben vs Marcelo, Gomez vs the goal.

That's it for me. I don't want them to lose against Mourinho again!

Apart from that I certainly don't hate Madrid. Although I dislike some players like Sergio Ramos, but that is true for most clubs (even my own).

Really looking forward to those two games. Personally I hope playing the first game at home will be in Bayern's favour. If they win it (IF!), then they could concentrate on counterattacking at the Bernabeu.

We will see.

On the other side of the draw I see no real challenge for Barca from either Benfica or Chelsea.

GorillaJu

it's not really hate. it's more like a healthy rivalry between both teams since they have met each other pretty often. and i think bayern is the team who won the most games against madrid in the champions league. it's really a nice competition.

Liverpool really needs to be a part of this again. It sucks being on probation. We've had some great matches against Real, Barca, et al. and we're good at kicking the other English teams out of the CL :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom