• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

The retro green one? It's great looking. How is the quality on it?

Really nice. Will get the camera out when I get around to unpacking. The only shirt I've been slightly disappointed with recently has been the blue Brazil one. Fabric just seems weird on that one.

FootballFan

Liverpool really needs to be a part of this again. It sucks being on probation. We've had some great matches against Real, Barca, et al. and we're good at kicking the other English teams out of the CL :p

I might be alone here from the Non-L'Pool guys but I miss having Liverpool in the CL. And as funny as it was to see United get eliminated I still would have preferred that they made it through. But I guess that's competition.

By the looks of it though it seems Liverpool won't be in the CL for quite a while. Carroll, Downing, Adam are just not good enough. Had Liverpool been able to keep their players(I know its imaginary, but still interesting)
-Suarez---Torres
-----Gerrard-----
--Alonso--Lucas-
------Masch------

Damn that would be a great team lol. I think my point is Liverpool should buy foreigners. Cheaper and better.

GorillaJu

Really nice. Will get the camera out when I get around to unpacking. The only shirt I've been slightly disappointed with recently has been the blue Brazil one. Fabric just seems weird on that one.

Ah, that would be because it's a Nike jersey which uses the fabric made from recycled PET bottles. I've never personally worn one, but it did seem a little coarse and that it would get caught on my skin somehow. Don't think people are a big fan of that fabric, but I like the concept.

Messi

Ah, that would be because it's a Nike jersey which uses the fabric made from recycled PET bottles. I've never personally worn one, but it did seem a little coarse and that it would get caught on my skin somehow. Don't think people are a big fan of that fabric, but I like the concept.

Awful fucking material. Can't wear this seasons home kit due to it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
All hail Barzagli. Fifa commentator says his name in the most non-italian way. He is a beast in fifa, though his stats aren't that great. Maybe it's just me.

Who according to you is better than Silva at CB?

edit
Speaking of CBs I just googled Puyols girlfriend Malena Costa, wow. She must love him for his looks and personality. :p

Who has been the best this season? I haven't watched a single Serie A game except for that really impressive Juve game at the start of the season where Vidal scored a fantastic volley off a lofted through ball over the defensive line.

Barzagli and recently Chiellini are both better than him (this season).

GorillaJu

I might be alone here from the Non-L'Pool guys but I miss having Liverpool in the CL. And as funny as it was to see United get eliminated I still would have preferred that they made it through. But I guess that's competition.

By the looks of it though it seems Liverpool won't be in the CL for quite a while. Carroll, Downing, Adam are just not good enough. Had Liverpool been able to keep their players(I know its imaginary, but still interesting)
-Suarez---Torres
-----Gerrard-----
--Alonso--Lucas-
------Masch------

Damn that would be a great team lol. I think my point is Liverpool should buy foreigners. Cheaper and better.

A lot of people agree with you here. One of the tenets of our philosophy (or at least that Kenny believes) seems to be that British players will have more loyalty to the club, more desire to win and represent the team. With our hardest working players all being foreign (Suarez, Kuyt, Reina, Skrtel, Enrique), it's pretty obvious that the plan as it is is not working.

I really hope to see some more talent brought in. Unlike some others I do not wish to sell everyone we have (buy high sell low would be a pretty awful business plan), but we really need some inspiration and I don't think there are any English players who can deliver what we need and want to join Liverpool.

Our top three English targets in the last window all joined other clubs (Ashley Young and Phil Jones to United, Connor Whickham to Sunderland) - our second choice targets simply shouldn't be English.

Started up a new season with Liverpool today on FIFA Vita. Sold Andy Carroll to Atletico Madrid and bought Llorente with the spoils. Felt right somehow. Added Gotze and Scott Sinclair too. Playing some great attacking football with Lucas holding, Henderson (who has five-star skill moves) and Gotze in the middle. Suarez and Sinclair on either side of Llorente feels good man..

Nobody would buy Adam, however.

Oh and Carragher is at Stoke.

NlHH8.jpg

Not even th best player in that picture

Also I like Barca but it's clear as day they get favourable decisions, their fans denying it amuses me

So Kagawa is still stalling on that new contract despite being offered double the money Plzzzzz Fergie! He would be a top top signing for any of the English clubs.

spidye

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/539173_427967073886656_141973839152649_1887169_1736410756_n.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/305655_427967143886649_141973839152649_1887171_39213824_n.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/66439_427966823886681_141973839152649_1887160_735726276_n.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555192_427967043886659_141973839152649_1887168_990103087_n.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/538392_427648293918534_964333834_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

awesome pics.

mario gomez signed a new deal until 2016
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

[img]http://u.goal.com/176800/176847hp2.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
528705_327595450628929_138589062862903_821726_1504492078_n.jpg

Not sure if it's been posted, saw it pop up the the EPL Banter Page on Facebook.

spidye

So Kagawa is still stalling on that new contract despite being offered double the money Plzzzzz Fergie! He would be a top top signing for any of the English clubs.

I think his biggest wish was to play for manu. It's probably a done deal at this point

Don't know if there's any truth in that to be honest. First it's Bild and second, I somehow can't believe Kagawa is earning €1.5m a year coming from Japan's second division as a nobody.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
528705_327595450628929_138589062862903_821726_1504492078_n.jpg

Not sure if it's been posted, saw it pop up the the EPL Banter Page on Facebook.

Oh, poor little Arsenal, still whinging about that RVP red card. Weren't they the only side, until APOEL, presumably, to go a whole game without a shot?

I lol hard that certain Barcafans are pointing out that Mourinho raises the double standard when he speaks about refs, but don't say anything about Guardiola.

Tsk, must be a problem of only seeing a part of the whole story.

Double standards, serious business.

Slizz

Fucking group projects man. I have one due tomorrow and was supposed to see a rough version of our PowerPoint by last night to review/practice with.... Still haven't received shit.

On top of that the person actually doing the PowerPoint(avidly volunteered "wanted to do the whole PowerPoint") Doesn't actually know how to do a nice one and has pawned off "making it pretty"(female) to another female who has no time today to do anything.

If they would have just sent me the rough copy last night I could be done in 30 minutes with a nice one.... Now I'm left with my dick in my hands waiting.....

30% of final grade as well.

/rant

Bayern vs. Madrid will def be the more interesting than the Barca vs. Chelsea. Can see either Bayern or Madrid winning that one.

I don't think they will myself - man for man, I think Bayern is a stronger team, but Real has Mourinho, and that will make a huge difference.
Real are surely favourites, especially with the second leg at home.

I'm not sure Bayern are better man for man either...it's close but I reckon in a combined team i'd have 6 Madrid players at least.

Cassillas

Lahm Ramos Pepe Marcelo

Alonso Schwein

Robben Özil Ronaldo

Gomez

That'd be my "combined" team. Guess you could argue one way or another in a couple of positions.

Slizz

I have to organise a seminar for early next month, and I decided today that I am not going to spend my time putting together a Powerpoint distraction reel. Fuck em. They can have one interesting photo.

Its a Business Communication class. The PowerPoint is required and it's so simple to make I have no problem with doing it. Just can't believe people who volunteered for their roles are just now(final week before project is due, have had 3 months to get everything together) doing shit.

Actually I can believe it, I fucked up by assuming human beings can do actual work. Her doing the PowerPoint is literally doing about 10% of the project....Compared to actually researching and transcribing an outline for what the PowerPoint is based off of.

Fry

I'm not sure Bayern are better man for man either...it's close but I reckon in a combined team i'd have 6 Madrid players at least.

Cassillas

Lahm Ramos Pepe Marcelo

Alonso Schwein

Robben Özil Ronaldo

Gomez

That'd be my "combined" team. Guess you could argue one way or another in a couple of positions.

Badstuber > Pepe

Badstuber > Pepe
Haha really? I was under the impression Badstuder wasn't that great!?

I don't really watch enough of Bayern to make certain judgements on all of their players though. I can imagine Boateng running Marcelo close (switching Lahm back to LB). Neuer too is great but I think Cassillas is just a bit better for now. Guess it's harsh not to include Ribery also, but where would he go, not better than Robben or Ronaldo for me.

At the same time you could argue to include Benzema, Higuain or Di Maria.

Anyways, it's close. Should be a fantastic tie.

Wilbur

Banned

Cassillas

Lahm Ramos Pepe Marcelo

Alonso Schwein

Robben Özil Ronaldo

Gomez

I'd probably have Higuain or Benzema over Gomez due to personal preference but that's a great team. They're the three strongest teams in the world, these two along with Barca

Fry

Haha really? I was under the impression Badstuder wasn't that great!?

I don't really watch enough of Bayern to make certain judgements on all of their players though. I can imagine Boateng running Marcelo close (switching Lahm back to LB). Neuer too is great but I think Cassillas is just a bit better for now. Guess it's harsh not to include Ribery also, but where would he go, not better than Robben or Ronaldo for me.

At the same time you could argue to include Benzema, Higuain or Di Maria.

Anyways, it's close. Should be a fantastic tie.

Badstuber has transformed into a different player, he's great now. I wouldn't want Pepe in my team anyway, he's all that's wrong with El Classicos.

dc89

City are apparently 'fighting' to keep Aguero.

LOL.

Has Aguero setup a street brawl between Savic and Balotelli and if Savic wins he stays, if he loses he's off to Madrid? Cause I can't see how else they will be 'fighting' to keep Aguero.

Carbonox

City are apparently 'fighting' to keep Aguero.

LOL.

Has Aguero setup a street brawl between Savic and Balotelli and if Savic wins he stays, if he loses he's off to Madrid? Cause I can't see how else they will be 'fighting' to keep Aguero.

Aguero doesn't like Manchester and would rather go back to Madrid where there's better restaurants.

GorillaJu

I really don't rate anyone on Madrid's line up except Ronaldo, Alonso and Casillas. Higuain isn't bad either. 4/11 isn't bad, I guess?

Fucking group projects man. I have one due tomorrow and was supposed to see a rough version of our PowerPoint by last night to review/practice with.... Still haven't received shit.

On top of that the person actually doing the PowerPoint(avidly volunteered "wanted to do the whole PowerPoint") Doesn't actually know how to do a nice one and has pawned off "making it pretty"(female) to another female who has no time today to do anything.

If they would have just sent me the rough copy last night I could be done in 30 minutes with a nice one.... Now I'm left with my dick in my hands waiting.....

30% of final grade as well.

/rant

I know that feeling all too well. I'm glad I'm not in college anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom