• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

lololololol Fulham reserves beat Newcastle reserves 5-0. They sure like putting 5 past us. Our reserves team has now let in 13 goals in the last 3 games. Wooo!

I think this was much clearer, no? And Ballack should have been sent off in the same match, easily. That would have slightly impacted the second leg. Also, Abidal's sending off was ridiculous.

So Ovrebo was shit during that game. Stark was shit in the first leg. Shit happens.

Oh, and Van Persie's red card last year against Barca? Should have been sent off for this (video). Also, Messi scored a clearly legitimate goal in the first leg that was disallowed for offside.

I really don't like to argue about this stuff, and two wrongs don't make a right.. but this conspiracy bullshit has really become annoying lately.
Honestly, I've spoke to many a football fan. And even the best of Chelsea haters know we were duped in 2009. I'm assuming you're a Barca fan?

Edit: at the end of the day NSider, of course Barcelona have decisions go against them, just by turning up they run the risk of that happening. But that doesn't change the fact that Barcelona get more decisions than anybody else, and more importantly, more dubious ones than anybody else. I've watched loads of Chelsea games were we've got crazy decisions in our favour. And I've read loads of posts on here and all over the internet from fans of other teams admitting to dodgy decisions that go in their favour. But sure as a hoops round, Barcelona fans, maybe bar our own Messi, never want to admit they're getting helped out.

Carbonox

Our squad and our reserves suck balls.

I mean, we're still using Ameobi as a sub. That says it all.

Yeah, outside of our first 11, we still pretty much have a Championship team. We need to get rid of a bunch of players and replace them with decent ones. I'd get rid of the following:

Harper
Gosling
Smith
Ameobi
Best
Ranger
Obertan
Perch

I'd let Ryan Taylor, Guthrie, Williamson and our youngsters like Abeid, Vuckic, Sammy Ameobi stay, as they're for the most part decent.

Kyoufu

Yeah, outside of our first 11, we still pretty much have a Championship team. We need to get rid of a bunch of players and replace them with decent ones. I'd get rid of the following:

Harper
Gosling
Smith
Ameobi
Best
Ranger
Obertan
Perch

I'd let Ryan Taylor, Guthrie, Williamson and our youngsters like Abeid, Vuckic, Sammy Ameobi stay, as they're for the most part decent.

Is Ryan Taylor still not fully fit? I figured he'd be in the starting 11.

edit: Looks like Graham Carr is targeting Pieters and Douglas from the dutch league in the summer.

Carbonox

Ryan Taylor won't be starting now that Ben Arfa is our primary right winger. Taylor/Perch/Santon will fight for LB I guess, though I'd still prefer if we played Santon there.

Wilbur

Banned
Do people have PS3 FIFA or is it just me? :( I never play online, I think we bought a pre owned one after the last one broke. Might buy online pass if there's a healthy amount of you down to kick my arse

Do people have PS3 FIFA or is it just me? :( I never play online, I think we bought a pre owned one after the last one broke. Might buy online pass if there's a healthy amount of you down to kick my arse

You should be able to just log in with your old online pass. I'm on PS3, pretty much only play the game with friends or online, hate playing against the AI in football games.

I love a bit of FIFA but think I suck

Don't worry, my prowess as a Center Forward (or Winger. I slash inside better than Walcott could ever dream of doing) is enough to carry the entire team on my back.

yeah it was a bad yr for clubs.. too much whining, I liked a lot of stuff of the game but then got tired of h2h.

Yea, well you should still get 12 back. You can join the club!

They held up a banner before which read something like "Kun Aguero, not even if they are giving him away". I wouldn't be surprised if he has a release clause in his contract though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Luisão is out of tonight´s game. Benfica doesn´t have a single CB available for tonight, should be an easy match for Chelsea.

It would have been an easy match anyway. In the first leg it was as if Benfica fielded 4 Mertesackers at the back.

Gareth Bale said:
They held up a banner before which read something like "Kun Aguero, not even if they are giving him away". I wouldn't be surprised if he has a release clause in his contract though.

There was a lot of talk when he signed for City that it was just a stop-gap move before he went to Real.

Wilbur

Banned
You should be able to just log in with your old online pass. I'm on PS3, pretty much only play the game with friends or online, hate playing against the AI in football games.

I've tried it, it won't let me haha. I don't use my old account because of some reason I can't remember. Meh I'll just buy a new one.

What's your name, I'll add you when I get in?

Carbonox

You were supposed to unlock Obertan's potential, Carbonox.

Very disappointing.

Unfortunately the guy doesn't know how to play football. All he can do is run, do some tricks, then fall over in the process or pass backwards to an opposing player. I've given up on him.

There was a lot of talk when he signed for City that it was just a stop-gap move before he went to Real.
Well it seems that he was set to move there last summer but there was a problem where Madrid wanted him to change agent to Jorge Mendes but Aguero wasn't sure about that.

I suspect Real do want him, but I don't see it happening soon. Real don't need him so badly (infact they don't really need him at all) and I can't see Aguero handing in a transfer request or anything like that. Besides, City don't need to sell.

But, eventually, I see him ending up there. If Real want somebody enough they'll get him. That club offers an honour and prestige that no amount of money can surpass.

Kyoufu

Obertan isn't as bad as that other Man United player who couldn't even kick the ball to another player. Can't remember his name but his debut was really bad on youtube.

Kyoufu

I know you can't be talking about Bebe.

You're talking about Bebe-Bebe-Bebe-oooooo.

LOL here he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHyeRiIEK0M

:lol

also more lols:

_54479426_54479425.jpg

thaOwner

Same here. It doesn't help that the AI in 12 is broken beyond repair. My PSN name is sgtkl4w. Any up for a match add me.

Messi

Badstuber has transformed into a different player, he's great now. I wouldn't want Pepe in my team anyway, he's all that's wrong with El Classicos.

Pepe is a problem but he is not the only one in el clasico, Ramos,alves,busi and to a lesser extent pedro were/are all dicks in those awful games

Brief involvement, lol.

He had a sulk halfway through and kicked her.

Unsure if posted/entirely accurate.
Yep seen this about on Twitter today. Fairly sure it's accurate. Was a great goal, the build up was nice but the finish really was brilliant. Have my doubts where Ashley Young is concerned but he gets goals. Not afraid to have a go and he's got good technique off his right foot. Both goals on the night came about after him and Valencia got tired of knocking it about and got shots away quickly.

Nani has resurfaced btw, tweeted earlier on that he's ready for the run in. If he is in any kind of form it bodes well. Valencia is tearing it up right now and Young seems to be growing also.

GorillaJu

Yep seen this about on Twitter today. Fairly sure it's accurate. Was a great goal, the build up was nice but the finish really was brilliant. Have my doubts where Ashley Young is concerned but he gets goals. Not afraid to have a go and he's got good technique off his right foot. Both goals on the night came about after him and Valencia got tired of knocking it about and got shots away quickly.

Nani has resurfaced btw, tweeted earlier on that he's ready for the run in. If he is in any kind of form it bodes well. Valencia is tearing it up right now and Young seems to be growing also.

Young has those R1 Finesse goals down really well. Which is ironic because the first time I played a game of FIFA online it was against a Utd player who hit me with like 5 of those from the sweet spot. All of them from Ashley Young.

Young has those R1 Finesse goals down really well. Which is ironic because the first time I played a game of FIFA online it was against a Utd player who hit me with like 5 of those from the sweet spot. All of them from Ashley Young.
Haha yeah. It's funny, any time somebody scores one of those in a real match, me and my mates are automatically like "yep, R1, finessed it nicely".

So, some of you will be familiar with the UFC President Dana White. He's loud and proud and sometimes cool/funny and at other times just obnoxious. He had one of those moments recently when he said;

Uncle Dana said:
"Can't stand soccer. It's the least-talented sport on Earth. There's a reason three-year-olds can play soccer. When you're playing a game when the net is that big and the score is 3-1 (and that's a blowout) are you kidding me? You know how untalented you have to be to score three times when the net is that big?"

So...noting that Dana was chatting absolute shit, MLS player Jimmy Conrad laid down the gauntlet...

"Have you ever even played soccer, Dana? Can you pass a ball, like to a teammate, instead of some guy in the 3rd row? Can you run at top speed, while holding off a defender, and aiming for the corner of the goal being guarded by a massive 6'4" goal keeper? Yeah, probably not.

"So listen, here's what I'm going to do. Because I like you, I'm going to give you the opportunity to join me and a few friends for a game of soccer. Since you believe playing soccer requires no talent, I'm sure you'll be the star. Unless you scared. Well let me know. I look forward to hearing from you."

Dana has now accepted the challenge and I am eagerly awaiting footage of him doing his best John Terry impression.

sneaky77

Haha yeah. It's funny, any time somebody scores one of those in a real match, me and my mates are automatically like "yep, R1, finessed it nicely".

So, some of you will be familiar with the UFC President Dana White. He's loud and proud and sometimes cool/funny and at other times just obnoxious. He had one of those moments recently when he said;

So...noting that Dana was chatting absolute shit, MLS player Jimmy Conrad laid down the gauntlet...

Dana has now accepted the challenge and I am eagerly awaiting footage of him doing his best John Terry impression.

People that say shit like that are just ignorant.. eye/foot coordination is far more complex than hand/eye coordination. And kids play it because is a good exercise for them not because they understand the complexities of the sport. Waste of time to bother to argue with people that think shit like that anyway, I just usually go, sure whatever and move on.

GorillaJu

Dana White is an absolute tool, but I'm sure he's just trolling there. Anyone involved in the sports business understands the amount of talent it takes to succeed at the highest level of ANY sport.

GorillaJu

And I wanted to ask - for anyone here, is the PSV Fifa worth buying? I might pick it up the first time I can find it on sale. I only have one Vita game right now (Gravity Daze) and I want to expand my collection but the games are so god damn motherfucking expensive.

elsk

Banned
http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-ba...e-robben-festen-tisch-platz-meta-2265986.html

(Not my translation)

Robben seriously thought about retiring during his latest long lasting injury.

He has integrated himself in the team better over the last few weeks, when the team eats together he sits next to Thomas Müller and Holger Badstuber.

Robben: "We've had group talks. We said that we must have a positive attitude together. This initiative must come from experienced players. I belong to these experienced players."

Hoeness:"He's like a sensitive racing horse that needs more care than others. If our Müller-Wolfhart was at Chelsea or Real Madrid, he would have never had any problems."

And I wanted to ask - for anyone here, is the PSV Fifa worth buying? I might pick it up the first time I can find it on sale. I only have one Vita game right now (Gravity Daze) and I want to expand my collection but the games are so god damn motherfucking expensive.

It is exactly like next gen FIFA 11 just with out online team play :) it is pretty awesome !

elsk

Banned
I think we can win 4-0 in the Allianz if we play as good as against Basel.
A win against Dortmund, next week, is a must btw.

Kyoufu

It's FIFA 11, but still very fun, though I would probably wait for the next one at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom