• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJvEgNeU4kQ

May have been posted but this is up there with the Andy Caroll kissing the keeper video (from FIFA 12).
This is amazing, I wasn't sure how it could be up there with the Carroll video, but wow. So good!
I saw that earlier haha. I really don't understand how it happens but it is really funny!
He's trying to 'dive on the ball'...over and over. Maybe that could be a new excuse...

Salazar

Why do Kermit and Salazar dislike each other so much anyways? I must have missed the epic bust up..

I had no immediate beef, despite him being a City supporter. He seems to have had problems with the fact that I don't like AFL. And with my vocabulary. And, to take a bizarrely heated example, with my daring to have an opinion on the corrupting influence of athletics on American higher education despite not being an American.

And he posted some stalker-like and cheap assumptions about me - at which point I decided that he was, and without long-term chemical intervention will always be, a cunt.

Messi

Here are three great Barca Videos I just watched:

La Masia - Now and Then Some amazing footage of our current batch of superstars as kids and the current crop of kids in La Masia

Victor Valdes - What he hated became his life. This is facinating as a fan of Valdes to realise how much he really hated being a keeper. Some more great La Masia footage in there, even a few wild Pepe Reina appearances.

Christian Tello - Another La Masia star. For those who want to know more about Tello and see some of his awesomeness <3

Why do Kermit and Salazar dislike each other so much anyways? I must have missed the epic bust up..

I will tell you why I hate him. He was an ignorant prick who devolved this place into petty arguments at every chance. Not to mention he had little respect for some of the members on here, myself included. I can only assume Salazar was on the end of his abuse also. The guy clearly had/has low self esteem to go PMing people just to insult them.

Edit: Still fucking annoyed that I let his fat jibes get to me :/

Honestly, I can't believe some people miss Kermit. He was the 3rd biggest ball job I've ever come across on a forum. So glad he's gone.

Edit: and this coming from a guy he never wronged.

Messi, your babe avatars always please me. Kunis is a great choice.

Messi

Honestly, I can't believe some people miss Kermit. He was the 3rd biggest ball job I've ever come across on a forum. So glad he's gone.

Edit: and this coming from a guy he never wronged.

Messi, your babe avatars always please me. Kunis is a great choice.

I never hate people on forums but Kermit is the one true exception. Oh and Viva, fuck that guy.

:p

What can I say I have great taste in women.

dschalter

I had no immediate beef, despite him being a City supporter. He seems to have had problems with the fact that I don't like AFL. And with my vocabulary. And, to take a bizarrely heated example, with my daring to have an opinion on the corrupting influence of athletics on American higher education despite not being an American.

And he posted some stalker-like and cheap assumptions about me - at which point I decided that he was, and without long-term chemical intervention will always be, a cunt.

you were completely wrong for the most part though.

I never hate people on forums but Kermit is the one true exception. Oh and Viva, fuck that guy.

untitled-166rl9o.gif

FootballFan

got a good CL semi-lineup. Hope Chelsea look to attack Barca.

Yeah that's going to happen.
Reality: Barca will pass around boring the crap out of everyone, Chelsea will sit deep and wait for mistakes to counter, Barca will be annoyed there is no room for any sort of through-balls, so they will keep passing around and frustrating Chelsea, then 1 of the teams will get a lucky goal and it will finish 1-0(nothing wrong with this tactic, but won't be as exciting). Just want the referee to not do anything controversial.
(though I can see the game being a classic, especially cause it will be tense literally every minute)

I hope Fady is ok, both his teams playing eachother. :O

Madrid-Bayern will be awesome. Can't wait for these semis

Sloosha

You need another Eva Green one. Avatar bet time ;)

Yeah that's going to happen.
Reality: Barca will pass around boring the crap out of everyone, Chelsea will sit deep and wait for mistakes to counter, Barca will be annoyed there is no room for any sort of through-balls, so they will keep passing around and frustrating Chelsea, then 1 of the teams will get a lucky goal and it will finish 1-0(nothing wrong with this tactic, but won't be as exciting). Just want the referee to not do anything controversial.
(though I can see the game being a classic, especially cause it will be tense literally every minute)

I hope Fady is ok, both his teams playing eachother. :O

Madrid-Bayern will be awesome though.

win-win situation for him.

Yeah, but I definitely would.

You'd go round on a Saturday night and see Mastadon hanging out the back of it.

I watched that programme and Brady, Logan, the other blonde and the BBC boss would all get it. This was the point Of the programme wasn't it? Sexnyness in football.

I remember Brady on fantasy football back in the day which is still the greatest tv show in history.

Pele was shite, pele was shite he was worse than Jason Lee!

Oh crap, I forgot that Chelsea vs Barca pitted Fady's favorite football team against Fady's favorite football team.

Fady, my condolences on Chelsea not making it to the CL finals.

Fady, congratulations on Barcelona getting back to the CL finals.

Chipotle

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Was happy to keep reading your antics until I saw the Kermit hate and then I knew I had to join in. That guy just does something infuriating to me. I simmered and seethed through most of his posts. A ridiculous amount of the time I spent waiting for my account to be approved was spent wishing I could reply to his smug, irritating posts. I don't know how you all coped.

Not visited the thread in a while (since the splitting of the forums) but pleased to have sorted out my subscriptions and found the version of the mobile site that has the community forums on.

Put me down as a United fan. I'm not from Manchester but have lived here all my adult life so don't feel too guilty about it.

It's a silent f and k so it's just ady so i like to call him Ade akinbiyi

Edit - nice username chipotle have you tried the taco bell in the arndale?

Yen

Random question, how do y'all pronounce Fady? Fay-dee or Fa-dee or Fad-ee?

I'm in camp Fay-dee.

With a soft a. Fdy K is the correct pronunciation. Fdy is the only thing that makes me okay with the Chelsea win. At least he will be happy! Whereas that dick, kylehimself...
;)

Fry

Hey guys,

Was happy to keep reading your antics until I saw the Kermit hate and then I knew I had to join in. That guy just does something infuriating to me. I simmered and seethed through most of his posts. A ridiculous amount of the time I spent waiting for my account to be approved was spent wishing I could reply to his smug, irritating posts. I don't know how you all coped.

Hello Kermit.

i0WWsSdauVvNN.gif

rodvik

Hey guys,

Not visited the thread in a while (since the splitting of the forums) but pleased to have sorted out my subscriptions and found the version of the mobile site that has the community forums on.

Put me down as a United fan. I'm not from Manchester but have lived here all my adult life so don't feel too guilty about it.

Welcome! Despite your poor choice of teams more football talk is a good thing 8) Stick around!

Kyoufu

Nice.

I do wonder how this will affect our existing full-backs though.

Our natural ones are Danny Simpson, Ryan Taylor and Davide Santon. Will Santon get permanently dropped to the subs bench? Will Simpson leave? etc.

I don't think Simpson is leaving. Perch is being replaced obviously.

Clegg

Actually thats a good question.

Where has Fady gone?

Os he silently protesting the move to community?

Or is he still working on he returning multi-quote post?

Kyoufu

Actually thats a good question.

Where has Fady gone?

Os he silently protesting the move to community?

Or is he still working on he returning multi-quote post?

He's still adding quotes to his post.

edit: Man United fans, how long have you supported the club for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom