• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipotle

:lol

I'm 100% convinced he is Kermit.

It wasn't meant to go like this.

Someone was meant to ask whereabouts in Manchester I live.

I would tell them.

We would discuss it for some time and ponder the reason for different parts of the city supporting United and City.

We'd agree that it was interesting but admit that we could come to no definitive conclusion.

Someone would post a funny picture.

We'd all laugh.

I'd post a massive post reminiscing about the good times we just had.

People would think I was Fady (pronounced "faddy")'s alt account

Wilbur

Banned
Supported United since I was about 5,6. When I started watching football.

And welcome Chipotle! We're the fans with the largest penises. Don't let us down

Clegg

I would tell them.

We would discuss it for some time and ponder the reason for different parts of the city supporting United and City.

We'd agree that it was interesting but admit that we could come to no definitive conclusion.

We'd all laugh.

Definitely Kermit.

I would tell them.

We'd all laugh.

Go on then, I'll audition.

Whereabouts?

FootballFan

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Was happy to keep reading your antics until I saw the Kermit hate and then I knew I had to join in. That guy just does something infuriating to me. I simmered and seethed through most of his posts. A ridiculous amount of the time I spent waiting for my account to be approved was spent wishing I could reply to his smug, irritating posts. I don't know how you all coped.

Not visited the thread in a while (since the splitting of the forums) but pleased to have sorted out my subscriptions and found the version of the mobile site that has the community forums on.

Put me down as a United fan. I'm not from Manchester but have lived here all my adult life so don't feel too guilty about it.

Hey man welcome to the Football Thread! :D
Stick around for discussions about Mass Effect, Game of Thrones and Olivia Wilde. :p Oh and some football talk.

Salazar

I'd say I was about 10 when I started getting genuinely behind United. Give or take a couple of years. I did wear a Spurs backpack to school at some point around then, so things were clearly pretty fucking fluid.

spidye

real-madrid-apoel-nikosia-600-3.jpg

good god lemon

Chipotle

Go on then, I'll audition.

Whereabouts?

Rusholme at the moment but have lived around different bits in the south (at varying distances from Oxford/Wilmslow Road).

You know, through my time here I've seen a strange phenomenon. Some areas (Moss Side) are totally blue but then you go down the road and there's not a City fan in sight. Isn't that funny? I wonder why it is.

(now you give your thoughts and the whole thing carries on as outlined in my earlier post)

(also, I now have no way of proving I'm not Kermit. Everything I type I think to myself "Couldn't that sound like Kermit trying not to sound like Kermit?")

Wilbur

Banned
Rusholme at the moment but have lived around different bits in the south (at varying distances from Oxford/Wilmslow Road).

You know, through my time here I've seen a strange phenomenon. Some areas (Moss Side) are totally blue but then you go down the road and there's not a City fan in sight. Isn't that funny? I wonder why it is.

(now you give your thoughts and the whole thing carries on as outlined in my earlier post)

(also, I now have no way of proving I'm not Kermit. Everything I type I think to myself "Couldn't that sound like Kermit trying not to sound like Kermit?")

shut up cock kermit

I'm pretty sure he has.

Didn't Kermit admit to having a multi account during one of his previous bans?

Or am I just delusional?
Yeah he did. Lol I freakin' loved Kermit. That was so typical of him, he was fearless/deluded. Would run straight into things and hope his honesty would get him by. It kinda did for me. But not the mods. The GAF Gods weren't having it.

I personally think Kermit and Fady are the same person. When Kermit left, Fady began to post less and less. They were completely contrasting characters and Kermdy enjoyed Kermit alot more than Fady, so when Kermit died, Fady no longer had the will to live.

Yeah he did. Lol I freakin' loved Kermit. That was so typical of him, he was fearless/deluded. Would run straight into things and hope his honesty would get him by. It kinda did for me. But not the mods. The GAF Gods weren't having it.

I personally think Kermit and Fady are the same person. When Kermit left, Fady began to post less and less. They were completely contrasting characters and Kermdy enjoyed Kermit alot more than Fady, so when Kermit died, Fady no longer had the will to live.
Jesus, a Kermit, Fady K hybrid. A Man City, Chelsea and Barcelona supporting behemoth.

Edit: Plus his new alt Chipotle, A Man City, Man UTD, Chelsea and Barcelona supporting behemoth.

K1LLER7

y1SLk.gif

your making me emotional

Clegg

Best thing about Kermit was when he posted in threads other than this one.

We were used to him but he wound up some posters something fierce when he entered different threads.

Still a bit of a gobshite though.

Rusholme? My commiserations (If you are Kermit, you are going to say how the whole of Manchester is a shithole anyway). How close are you to the Curry Mile? I live at the border of Hulme/Old Trafford, so it's all United fans around here (I'm originally a Londoner though).

I have no idea why/how the fans are dispersed. All I know is Manchester is red and there isn't a chance in hell there are more City fans in Manchester (if you Kermit, you are going to bite hard on this one and give me all this spiel about United not even being IN Manchester). There are definitely alot more City shirts about nowadays though, I guess people who were casual City fans are now prouder of their side.

Chipotle

Rusholme? My commiserations (If you are Kermit, you are going to say how the whole of Manchester is a shithole anyway). How close are you to the Curry Mile? I live at the border of Hulme/Old Trafford, so it's all United fans around here (I'm originally a Londoner though).

I have no idea why/how the fans are dispersed. All I know is Manchester is red and there isn't a chance in hell there are more City fans in Manchester (if you Kermit, you are going to bite hard on this one and give me all this spiel about United not even being IN Manchester). There are definitely alot more City shirts about nowadays though, I guess people who were casual City fans are now prouder of their side.

I'm pretty much on the Curry Mile (though it's more chicken and kebabs than curry really). At first I loved the ability to get 24 hour takeaway, now my heart and my wallet regret it.

In Rusholme it seems to be a mix of fans. But you can't really tell cos so many people either come for the night or are students who live here for a year and then leave. The pub near me (The Whitworth) is definitely a die-hard City pub (at the 3-2 derby a couple of years ago there were bare-chested City fans with the shirt tattooed to their shirts in their... and a police van outside) and Moss Side's definitely a mostly City area, probably cos of Maine Road.

I agree with you about City fans being more vocal now. I quite like it. Makes the atmosphere really electric on derby days.

what a harsh penalty on toronto, that handball was accidental and there were not santos players around or anything.

i also like how people who are paid money to comment on these games know nothing about the rules. "the law is that if the ball makes any contact with the hand in the penalty area, it is a penalty kick." yeah right, dumbass.

I'm pretty much on the Curry Mile (though it's more chicken and kebabs than curry really). At first I loved the ability to get 24 hour takeaway, now my heart and my wallet regret it.

In Rusholme it seems to be a mix of fans. But you can't really tell cos so many people either come for the night or are students who live here for a year and then leave. The pub near me (The Whitworth) is definitely a die-hard City pub (at the 3-2 derby a couple of years ago there were bare-chested City fans with the shirt tattooed to their shirts in their... and a police van outside) and Moss Side's definitely a mostly City area, probably cos of Maine Road.

I agree with you about City fans being more vocal now. I quite like it. Makes the atmosphere really electric on derby days.
That's cool, my friends live very close to The Whitworth (near Moonlight), I spend most of time there, I've probably walked past you before! I can't stand Wimslow Road any longer tbh, it's horrible, hate the crowd that hang out there too.

I've never really noticed any kind of trend in terms of the fans in that area, as you say, the people change over quite quickly because so many are students. You're probably right about Maine Road though.

Are you a student yourself?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
what a harsh penalty on toronto, that handball was accidental and there were not santos players around or anything.

i also like how people who are paid money to comment on these games know nothing about the rules. "the law is that if the ball makes any contact with the hand in the penalty area, it is a penalty kick." yeah right, dumbass.

A lot of fans think the same thing and don't understand the rules.

sneaky77

That's correct. There is no such a thing as involuntarily on the rules. Is left up to the refs interpretation of it stopping the play and the team with the handball getting an advantage.

elsk

Banned

México are like the Spain of Concacaf. You can expect referee help!

Chipotle

That's cool, my friends live very close to The Whitworth (near Moonlight), I spend most of time there, I've probably walked past you before! I can't stand Wimslow Road any longer tbh, it's horrible, hate the crowd that hang out there too.

I've never really noticed any kind of trend in terms of the fans in that area, as you say, the people change over quite quickly because so many are students. You're probably right about Maine Road though.

Are you a student yourself?

I live REALLY near Moonlight! It's literally a minute from my front door. You're not one of my housemates' friends are you? (or even my housemate)

Know what you mean about Rusholme. Going to move in July. Probably to Chorlton or the town end of Hulme. The convenience of everything is nice but the noise and the early morning smell of Chicken Cottage detract from it.

I'm at Man Met doing English. Fuck knows why. I'm 25 and wanted a degree before it costs £27000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom