• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct. There is no such a thing as involuntarily on the rules. Is left up to the refs interpretation of it stopping the play and the team with the handball getting an advantage.

actually the law just says "handles the ball deliberately." it says nothing about gaining an advantage or stopping the play; if someone takes a hard shot and the ball is stopped from going into the goal by a player whose hands are at his side in a natural position, and the player then clears it preventing a goal, it is NOT a handball because the ball was hit into his hand, not the other way around.

they drill this into our heads at every ref meeting and it amazes me how people still get it wrong. i see all the times in games ref giving handballs that were clearly accidental. i've even seen handballs given against players who put their hands close to their bodies purposefully to avoid giving handballs. a shame.

Fry

Weird pic. haha

ibvKthZ41Ghd9l.jpg

elsk

Banned
Elsk do you know anything about a Honduran U-23 player named Wilmer Crisanto? There's a report about DC being interested in him after his contract expires.

He was my favorite player from the U23 that played in the Pre-Olympic! He was selected in the "Best XI" of the Pre-Olympic tournament.
He's a right back, he's VERY talented with the ball. He's offensive minded, but also good in defense. He played a season in Godoy Cruz (Argentina).

I really hope he joins DC United, that way he would play with Andy Najar, as he does in the U23!

I live REALLY near Moonlight! It's literally a minute from my front door. You're not one of my housemates' friends are you? (or even my housemate)

Know what you mean about Rusholme. Going to move in July. Probably to Chorlton or the town end of Hulme. The convenience of everything is nice but the noise and the early morning smell of Chicken Cottage detract from it.

I'm at Man Met doing English. Fuck knows why. I'm 25 and wanted a degree before it costs £27000.
Vetted and he's not Kermit. My Kermdy theory seems the most likely then.

Well, I guess, if we're sticking to the script...somebody has to post a funny picture now...Wilbury will do it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
He was my favorite player from the U23 that played in the Pre-Olympic! He was selected in the "Best XI" of the Pre-Olympic tournament.
He's a right back, he's VERY talented with the ball. He's offensive minded, but also good in defense. He played a season in Godoy Cruz (Argentina).

I really hope he joins DC United, that way he would play with Andy Najar, as he does in the U23!

Najar is facing some nice competition for a starting spot now. Hopefully it inspires him to have a great season.

elsk

Banned
Najar is facing some nice competition for a starting spot now. Hopefully it inspires him to have a great season.

He (Najar) was very "meh" in the first matches for Honduran U23, but like in the semifinals he started to play really good, he did a very nice display in the final too. He just needs some motivation, I think he wants to leave to Europe already...

Salazar

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is at the top of Wolves owner Steve Morgan’s shortlist to become the club’s new boss.

The multi-millionaire has identified the former Manchester United striker along with ex-England skipper Paul Ince as the prime long-term candidates to succeed Mick McCarthy.

Say no, Ole.

I couldn't give a toss about Ince, but Ole deserves better. Not necessarily a bigger club, at this stage, just one that won't fuck him.

sneaky77

anyone ever get movies from netflix or other places and wonder how the heck people manage to fuck something up that badly.. geez.. dvd's that I have owned for 10 yrs have less scratches than some of these new releases.

He's still adding quotes to his post.

edit: Man United fans, how long have you supported the club for?

I've been a fan of Man Utd since they first started actually showing the games on tv here in Cyprus, around the early 90's, when Cantona was playing for them.

I was still a young kid back then and watching them play was an utter joy. Especially Cantona. They made such an impression to young me, that I started watching any game they played and thus I became a Man U supporter.

I think for most non-English people that's one of the main reasons they support United. More exposure to them (especially back in the old days before the internets and satellite tv) when people were limited to what exposure they got to stuff.

Most Cypriots of the generation before me are Liverpool supporters, probably for the same reason. More exposure to them and their feats than any other team.

dc89

Yeah he did. Lol I freakin' loved Kermit. That was so typical of him, he was fearless/deluded. Would run straight into things and hope his honesty would get him by. It kinda did for me. But not the mods. The GAF Gods weren't having it.

I personally think Kermit and Fady are the same person. When Kermit left, Fady began to post less and less. They were completely contrasting characters and Kermdy enjoyed Kermit alot more than Fady, so when Kermit died, Fady no longer had the will to live.

They needed each other to survive. :'(

pappe

Man United fans, how long have you supported the club for?

UEFA Champions league final - 1999

Was my first time seeing united play. Before that used to just watch football casually on and off. That night i was just surfing through the channels and just bumped into that match, didnt even know what the occasion was and how big that match was, only came to know abt it after watching the match for like 5 mins and it was 75th min i believe - not sure but it was deep in the second half and Munich were leading. Then the best comeback in the history of football happened and i was like WOOOOW!!!!!

Since then i have been a United fan through and through and watched almost all their matches since 2000.

Cyport

He's still adding quotes to his post.

edit: Man United fans, how long have you supported the club for?

Since forever. Nah really I always followed them but supporting them properly didn't kick in till I was about 11, when I would follow every game.

Good for Chelsea to win last night. Really cannot see them getting past Barcelona at all. I'm off to America and it sucks I'll have to miss some football while I'm there due to the time difference. Is there a website in the states to watch highlights legally?

This guy kind of sucked for me. Then Chelseas defense gave him all the confidence he needed.

xulNX.jpg

ok he did score a few goals before that too, but damn Chelsea!

Blablurn

Was my first time seeing united play. Before that used to just watch football casually on and off. That night i was just surfing through the channels and just bumped into that match, didnt even know what the occasion was and how big that match was, only came to know abt it after watching the match for like 5 mins and it was 75th min i believe - not sure but it was deep in the second half and Munich were leading. Then the best comeback in the history of football happened and i was like WOOOOW!!!!!

Since then i have been a United fan through and through and watched almost all their matches since 2000.

overrated game

spidye

In the Camp Nou of all places. My brother cried that night. Seeing the Bayern players heart-broken after the game, dominating the match(to my memory). Twas a sad night.
:(

edit
But my bro was happy that they did win it 2 years later.
Great moment from Oli Kahn, got the Fair Play award from UEFA.

that night was the reason why I began to fully support bayern. I was not sad they lost a cl final. otherwise I would have not been a fan of such a wonderful club, probably.

and kahn was the best keeper germany ever had. period

I just read an awesome joke about Kagawa's new contract at some BVB forums:

Kagawa already signed the new contract but all the people involved agreed that it will be announced after Dortmund loses a Bundesliga match to cheer the fans up. That was last September.

FootballFan

that night was the reason why I began to fully support bayern. I was not sad they lost a cl final. otherwise I would have not been a fan of such a wonderful club, probably.

and kahn was the best keeper germany ever had. period

Kahn was really awesome, one of my favorite footballers from Bayern, I loved his beast like 100% attitude. Puyol reminds of the same sort of character. Not easy to find someone like that.

Bayern have always had footballers that I particularly like, Giovane Elber, Roy Makaay, Mehmet Scholl, Lizarazu, Kahn, Klinnsman, Mathaus, Kuffor, Hamann, Effenberg, and even Jeremies etc were all great. And I forgot the almighty Ballack. I know most of these guys didn't start off at Bayern.
edit
Forgot Hargreaves!! He was awesome. And Deisler(before his injuries and depression etc)

And after just looking at the highlights again, seems I was right, Bayern did dominate, hit the post, hit the cross bar, multiple shots more than ManU. But that's what makes football great.

Blablurn

Kahn was really awesome, one of my favorite footballers from Bayern, I loved his beast like 100% attitude. Puyol reminds of the same sort of character. Not easy to find someone like that.

Bayern have always had footballers that I particularly like, Giovane Elber, Roy Makaay, Mehmet Scholl, Lizarazu, Kahn, Klinnsman, Mathaus, Kuffor, Hamann, Effenberg, and even Jeremies etc were all great. And I forgot the almighty Ballack. I know most of these guys didn't start off at Bayern.
edit
Forgot Hargreaves!! He was awesome. And Deisler(before his injuries and depression etc)

And after just looking at the highlights again, seems I was right, Bayern did dominate, hit the post, hit the cross bar, multiple shots more than ManU. But that's what makes football great.

nobody likes klinsmann :|

i cried the whole night after losing that game against man u :/ but i still remember that i rocked that silver bayern shirt on the next day at school. i got some stupid comments but i ignored them lol

Lightning

Banned
I just read an awesome joke about Kagawa's new contract at some BVB forums:

Kagawa already signed the new contract but all the people involved agreed that it will be announced after Dortmund loses a Bundesliga match to cheer the fans up. That was last September.
After you guys lose the cup final sounds like a good time? LOL

I am wanting us to announce that RVP has agreed a 5 year deal!!!!! I wish...

FootballFan

nobody likes klinsmann :|

i cried the whole night after losing that game against man u :/ but i still remember that i rocked that silver bayern shirt on the next day at school. i got some stupid comments but i ignored them lol

I liked Klinsmann :D

Respect. Was probably tough ignoring it lol.

Blablurn

but wuthout 99, there wouldnt be 2001. man, that season final against hamburg before the champions league final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I4B4paMdloI#t=218s

i still remember every second... when hamburg scored i called my dad... who was at a batism with my mum... "dad, schalke is champion. hamburg just scored..."

he thought i was joking haha... i hang up... and when anderson scored that impossible goal, i ran to the phone, and just screamed "WE ARE CHAMPIONS, WE DID IT". on the same evening, there was that pre-marriage party from my brother. of course the atmosphere was even better thanks to that victory.

Kyoufu

oh no you didn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeiq0r9D3po

Rovers fan since 5th July 1984, when I was born.

Never a choice I had to make.

The first games I can remember though was 0-0 at home v tranmere and 2-2 away at tranmere oddly in 1991 along with a home victory to Plymouth that season the day after king kenny came in and Simon garner got a hattrick

Effenberg was an absolute boss. I loved Deisler, it's a shame how things went for him.

Bayern were awesome, still are really, just when I was a kid they were this mythical team who were just so tough to beat. Juve were the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom