• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the second goal. Brilliant 3 points again, two points off third with Spurs and Arsenal facing difficult games.

We've got Bolton then Stoke at home next, two winnable games.

Carbonox

"Mick Quinn (six) is the only player in Premier League history to reach nine goals in fewer games than Papiss Cisse (eight). Clinical."

Gibbo

What a signing. Really hope Pardew gets manager of the season, his transfers have been magnificent. I also want Newcastle to get Champions League, they definitely deserve it.

I'd say it's harsh on Swansea but they haven't really threatened with all this possession.

Agreed.Not sure what exactly he did but every single one of the NUFC players look as though they are enjoying themselves every game

Carbonox

Bring on Bolton. I want Cisse to get a hat-trick in that game. Would be great for Ba to reach 20 goals by the end of the season as well. Can't believe it's been like 7 or 8 games now since he last scored.

Scum

Ideally, I'd love for most of the teams in the league to go out shopping for players at reasonable prices, players that would benefit the their teams much like Cisse has for Newcastle. I'd love for many to realise that you sometimes do not need to "splash the cash" unnecessarily to get great players.
But we all know what going to happen though...

"That Cisse. 'Triffic player."
FFMmr.gif

Slizz

I love the one angle they had where they zoomed in on the ball and you see it over the crossbar, then drop to the back of the net. Pure class.

dc89

563006_10151466286600455_208411345454_23506299_572305078_n.jpg

Will he be fit in time? Saying that, he's not scored an away PL goal since 1-6.

548127_10151466287135455_208411345454_23506305_935716733_n.jpg

Yet another training ground scuffle. :(:(

Carbonox

Don't worry I'm sure Carroll will..um... I don't know. :(

I wonder what Ba is thinking right now. Will he leave Newcastle to play as a central striker?

I really don't want Ba to leave but you can tell he may be getting a tad jealous, haha. His face when Cisse scored the second said it all.

Despite not scoring, Ba's still a great player and a vital cog in our machine. He can make shit happen and he's an intimidating player.

He and Cisse is the partnership I want to see for a long time.

563006_10151466286600455_208411345454_23506299_572305078_n.jpg

Will he be fit in time? Saying that, he's not scored an away PL goal since 1-6.

548127_10151466287135455_208411345454_23506305_935716733_n.jpg

Yet another training ground scuffle. :(:(

dem thighs and tight shorts.

Due to the majority of the players there not paying attention and Nasri laughing, that looks more harmless.

Just saw Palermos squad for tommorrow against Juve... Oh dear, two of the defenders I don't even know who are. Seems like the defense will be Munoz-Milanovic-Labrin.
LLShC.gif

Kyoufu

I really don't want Ba to leave but you can tell he may be getting a tad jealous, haha. His face when Cisse scored the second said it all.

Despite not scoring, Ba's still a great player and a vital cog in our machine. He can make shit happen and he's an intimidating player.

He and Cisse is the partnership I want to see for a long time.

I don't want him to leave either. Without Ba we would not be in the position we are right now, but you have to wonder what Alan Pardew will do to keep him happy (a.k.a. scoring goals).

And who would we replace Ba with in the summer? I fear Cisse won't like his Senegalese buddy leaving the club.

rififi

Dem legs. Most footballers have really weak/skinny upper bodies, yet some players are or are close to being clinically classified as "overweight" because of how big their legs are.
I am jealous.

Kyoufu

Speaking of legs, I saw Cisse's legs in a picture yesterday and I was shocked to see how boney he is. There's like no fat/muscle in his legs. Hope he doesn't receive a nasty tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom