• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sappy113

You know, even as a United fan since the late 80s, that penalty was kinda disgusting. Offside and a clear dive. Shouldn't even be necessary to pull shit like that for a team as good as United. I don't like divers, at all.

Stubo

My initial thought was offside, watching the replay definitely the 'slightest of brushes' if you want to word it in the least suspecting way.

Possible dive, definite offside...all the more excuses for the hate parade, but whatever. I'll take it. These stupid decisions cancel themselves out across a season right, guys? :p

Bo-Locks

That's some God-Tier Barcelona trolling right there, except in this case no United fan will defend or try and justify such an awful decision.

FootballFan

Wow. You see ref's get taken in by dives these days, but a straight red? If you're not absolutely certain, why give it?

Refs take too much heat, who knows how it looked like to him. Linesman on the other hand had a great/easy view. 4th officials, linesmen etc are so useless sometimes it is just insane.

edit
Young milking it doesnt make it any better either

1-0 Rooney (p)

untitled-39sbi4.gif

untitled-4rjbxt.gif

untitled-5xmyj3.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah to be fair, I'm not blaming the ref. it's all on Young and the linesman.

Fuck Young, I don't give a shit if he's effective. He's a wanker.

Sanjay

Thanks ref, that was not a dive, he got a push while off balance so its easy to go down but that still does not make it a peno or a red card. So much wrong but I'll take it.

For the Utd. fans saying "I'll take it". Of course you will, you don't have a choice. If I was actually given the choice of it being 0-0 with 11 v 11 right now I absolutely would.

ElyrionX

Does that really matter? It was a clear offside and should have been called there already.

Linesmen get it wrong sometimes. I couldn't care less if it was offside. We got lucky there and it's not like United can do anything about it. The diving' though, is something that is within the team's control.

GorillaJu

The ref didn't even give the linesman a moment to call it offside, he went straight for the red and the penalty. Both mistakes.

dc89

I await the back pages of tomorrows papers. Hopefully they call Young a CHEAT just how they lambasted Suarez a 'racist'.

Who am I kidding, this is Man United, this is at Old Trafford and its just the norm.

Edit:I typed Young by mistake. I'm mad.

You know, even as a United fan since the late 80s, that penalty was kinda disgusting. Offside and a clear dive. Shouldn't even be necessary to pull shit like that for a team as good as United. I don't like divers, at all.

Agreed; we were well on the path to winning, anyway - not the way I'd like to see us do it. And Young certainly has form.

We need video assisted decisions now.

It's like the death penalty pre-DNA testing, except the technology is here. No excuse.

Fintan

Relegation strugglers are not having any luck with referees this weekend. I can't remember, does Young have a habit of diving? In any case it was a ridiculously blatant dive that someone should've spotted. The game's over now basically.

I await the back pages of tomorrows papers. Hopefully they call Young a CHEAT just how they lambasted Suarez a 'racist'.

Who am I kidding, this is Man United, this is at Old Trafford and its just the norm.
Oh he mad. He real mad!

Young should have scored there.

Wilbur

Banned

Do we need to bring up Old Trafford penalty stats again? Just because the officiating and one cunt player are fools doesn't mean the good ole Man Utd needs to be brought up

LegoArmo

This post is bad and you should feel bad.

Igo

Wtf kind of comparison is this? Has Young allegedly made some racist comments i'm unaware of?

Stubo

For the Utd. fans saying "I'll take it". Of course you will, you don't have a choice. If I was actually given the choice of it being 0-0 with 11 v 11 right now I absolutely would.
Yeah this is true. Would much prefer to win the league on the back of honest skillful performances and leave no excuses behind. Even if the rest of the game is full of these today it's against 10 men so it's not the same. Never a red in my eyes.

madmackem

He's got a few people in front of him and he's seen Young go over, that's then an opinion thing on whether he was pushed. But he's clearly offside - linesman call - and he knows he's gone over soft.

Hes the same ref that give us a pen at old trafford then decided it wasnt. He got it right that time but the fact he gave it then had to be corrected by his assistant shows the level hes at. Sick as fuck of the level of reffing and linesman this season its been one of the worst seasons for shit calls i can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom