• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Commentators gong on about how the english players get an easier time for diving, and how foreign players might be to blame for bringing in diving to the PL. What?
It'll be something the press will manage to avoid. Only dirty foreigners dive.

kharma45

Someone capture a gif of Darth Vidic sitting on the bench

Managed to find a still

556436452.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
But why weren't you moaning that you stole a point last week due in part to a bad decision after a dive? At least moan consistently about it

United get away with dissent too much IMO Valencia should have been booked there and Scholes on Monday

Yeah, I don't remember DC posting for ages, he just avoided it.

Blowing our own trumpet here, but fair play lads for coming out and chastising the prick on our side.

Hixx

Man United playing some really nice football.

Welbeck is like a pissed horse in the box, he just flings his arms and legs about.

That's not a beauty. It's an ugly beast that bites the head off teams fighting from relegation.
Yep
Suarez

Enough said.

The fact that you said you're a referee just shows how fucked up referees are. I don't like Suarez at all, I hate the cunt, but he clearly isn't the only (and certainly not the first) foreign player to dive. The English do it just as much.

I'd never want someone like you to be refereeing a Newcastle game, I wouldn't even want you refereeing a sunday under 10s game.

Choc

Banned
Woah calm down :)

i said more than suarez dives in a later post. I also said FIFA need to grow up and give red card ability for diving. It will eradicate it.

:p

Hixx

Yep

The fact that you said you're a referee just shows how fucked up referees are. I don't like Suarez at all, I hate the cunt, but he clearly isn't the only (and certainly not the first) foreign player to dive. The English do it just as much.

I'd never want someone like you to be refereeing a Newcastle game, I wouldn't even want you refereeing a sunday under 10s game.

tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif

choc you dont understand this topic you are supposed to get angry back at him and have a crap argument for 3 pages

Choc

Banned
so this is what i posted :p yes i made a troll suarez post by itself, but then i backed it up elsewhere

Suarez isnt the ONLY player who does it

and Englishmen do it.

honestly FIFA need to give us the power to send divers off. If you call another player a cheat, you are sent off, under the LOTG. yet if you are caught cheating, you are permitted to stay on the field

Red card Diving would eradicate it quick smar

dc89

But why weren't you moaning that you stole a point last week due in part to a bad decision after a dive? At least moan consistently about it

United get away with dissent too much IMO Valencia should have been booked there and Scholes on Monday

Dzeko V Sunderland?

I dont like to see any players go down softly. But what we've just seen and that one, the level of contact was chalk and cheese. And that says a lot.

Fintan

if you read collinas biograhy there is an amazing argument by himself and FIFA that you cannot argue with

Football is now the only sport in the world where the rules are exactly the same from park level to international level, and that is one of the beauties of it.
Can you explain why you think this is a good thing? Or at least why it would be damaging for this not to be the case?

Woah calm down :)

i said more than suarez dives in a later post. I also said FIFA need to grow up and give red card ability for diving. It will eradicate it.

:p

Yeah that I agree with, and it's really nothing personal. I just remember yesteday you were talking about how you would have sent Suarez off (I can't believe i'm defending Suarez), you clearly have some bias against him. Which is fine, but as a ref I don't think it is fine. Decisions should be made on an incident-by-incident basis and how it relates to the rules of the game.

Choc

Banned
We need sin bins rather than yellow cards rather than more reds.

its not enough. The only way to eridicate diving is to award the ultimate punishment.

Think of it like this, if you deny a clear goal scoring opportunity you must be sent off.

On the flip side if you 'cheat' your way to a goal, or try to, you stay on the field.

hmmmm

edit: if i was refereeing suarez i would be professoinal enough to put my dislike of the player aside. However he DID two cautionable things in my view yesterday

went on and on and on after a decision. Yellow card for dissent. And dived. Yellow card for diving. Woulda been off.

Not necessarily saying i would have looked for it , and i would have sent any other player pulling that shit off as well :p

Alright, the half's over, the self-flagellation can stop now chaps.

QPR are fucking woeful and are getting about as much possession as they had when they had 11 men.

Kyoufu

Heskey has been playing for 10 times their careers combined.

Both Welbeck and Hernandez could end up being average in their careers.

Actually, they're not even amazing right now. If they don't improve they really will just be average players with a legendary manager.

WJD

Eh, I think we'd be playing better against 11 men to be honest. It'd be more exciting at least.

A gentle wind could send Young flying.

@FourFourTom: There's a lot of talk of conspiracy theories at Old Trafford today. I can confirm Michael Jackson IS dead - that's Antonio Valencia.

Hahahahaha.

ElyrionX

So about FIFA 12. Was playing H2H against a pretty good Chelsea. Leading 1-0 at 70 mins. Got disconnected from EA server. Game was abandoned. Checked my internet connection, everything seems fine. Logged on to EA server again within seconds and saw that the game was recorded as a loss for me. Thanks, EA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom