• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael what the hell are you doing.

This ref is shit. How has he not booked him. Even I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theories now..

Agreed; we were well on the path to winning, anyway - not the way I'd like to see us do it. And Young certainly has form. I hope Fergie has a word with him.

Ferguson isn't going to have a word with him for getting a penalty and a player sent off when your fighting for the title with 7 games left.

I await the back pages of tomorrows papers. Hopefully they call Young a CHEAT just how they lambasted Suarez a 'racist'.

Who am I kidding, this is Man United, this is at Old Trafford and its just the norm.

Edit:I typed Young by mistake. I'm mad.

They should call Young an Aguero, you know cause he's also a cheat

Come on united stop slacking and bag 4 more goals

kharma45

6-0 to Ulster, BELIEVE! Pienaar kicking well.

I know it's the wrong thread (there isn't even a rugby one) but since I'm watching both at the same time there will be some crossover with my posts :p

Fady K

LOL, what a ref.

It's got nothing to do with Old Trafford, it's a BLUNDER of a refereeing error and an even badder offense by Young.

In the same way a player gets banned for violent conduct AFTER a game (like Mario Balotelli deservedly did) divers should get a ban too. Damn it FA - DO IT.

dc89

Wtf kind of comparison is this? Has Young allegedly made some racist comments i'm unaware of?

Not at all, did I say he did? I'm not even comparing the two scenarios. But the media like to brand people with one word. So let's see if they do it.

And there's the voice of Fady. He makes a brilliant point, it's the only way it will stop.

FootballFan

Rafael what the hell are you doing.

This ref is shit. How has he not booked him. Even I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theories now..

:lol

Don't crumble under the pressure from conspiracy theorists Vivalaraza. I am a Barca supporter and I still deny it ! Keep faith!

edit
LOL, what a ref.

It's got nothing to do with Old Trafford, it's a BLUNDER of a refereeing error and an even badder offense by Young.

Something that is always quite hard to understand eh Fady, when a ref is shit, he is shit.

Wilbur

Banned
Do we genuinely believe Fergie has bought refs? My beef with Barca doesn't lie with the fact I think they've bought referees and UNICEF etc, that's all bollocks. It's the pressure on referees they put on and their diving. Can it not just be the same here?

Kyoufu

LOL, what a ref.

In the same way a player gets banned for violent conduct AFTER a game (like Mario Balotelli deservedly did) divers should get a ban too. Damn it FA - DO IT.

Agreed. So much.

FA is awful though and we all know this.

Do we genuinely believe Fergie has bought refs? My beef with Barca doesn't lie with the fact I think they've bought referees and UNICEF etc, that's all bollocks. It's the pressure on referees they put on and their diving. Can it not just be the same here?

I'm not actually serious. It's just fun to use the conspiracy theories.

Choc

Banned
Doesn't look like a pitch. Hot mess that is - I guess that's what it takes to have any sort of chance against Barça for the lower teams.

Brendan-Rodgers-001.jpg

I like these.

There is an IOS app of this. I test myself on it all the time. It's awesome and being built by the referees manager in england is even better

its a brilliant tool for refs like myself.

and now for the answers

1. Yes. You as a referee are not allowed to make medical assesments.

2. Corner Kick. Unless the arm deliberately moved which it did not.

3. Thats a goal my friends. No where in the LOTG does it say 'the player must deliberately take the free kick'. You kick it, game over.

I don't think the problem is the standard of reffing, because you can't just magically make all the refs much better at their job. The problem is that being a ref is clearly too difficult for one guy to make enough correct decisions per game. Why the fuck are they being denied the technology that would help them do their job?

ElyrionX

For the Utd. fans saying "I'll take it". Of course you will, you don't have a choice. If I was actually given the choice of it being 0-0 with 11 v 11 right now I absolutely would.

That's insane. It's not like we always get decisions going for us. At the top flight, you take whatever you are given. At the end of the season, if we lift the trophy, it's not like we cheatd our way there.

FootballFan

Well I for one genuinely hope when people say these conspiracy theories they are just joking.

If Derry's red card is rescinded his ban should be transferred to Young for cheating. Should happen in each and every case a player has cheated to either win or get someone else sent off.

Kyoufu

Why can't we just have offside tech?

How do the higher-ups expect humans to accurately determine when a player is offside or not?

Stubo

We're fine with a ban for Young, Fady.
If it becomes the standard, yes. Happy for him to become the first in a new initiative or what have you.

Just banning him while other divers get away with it every weekend? Not so much.

It can't be a ban just because it's united, let your team's divers take the punishment too.

No, I think it just falls harder on Man U because when Stoke, West brom etc etc get a bad decision it doesn't impact much. When it happens with Man U it effects the title race, that's what makes it so much harder to swallow for me.

dc89

Just seen the incident again. What a cock up by the officials.

People like to say the PL is the best in the world. Not by a mile with officials like this. And it's not just a one off, we have a incident like this every week. And I don't agree with the whole it evens itself out argument. At the end of the day if you go down by one goal it's that one goal which has done it.

Choc

Banned
Why can't we just have offside tech?

How do the higher-ups expect humans to accurately determine when a player is offside or not?

if you read collinas biograhy there is an amazing argument by himself and FIFA that you cannot argue with

Football is now the only sport in the world where the rules are exactly the same from park level to international level, and that is one of the beauties of it.

Commentators gong on about how the english players get an easier time for diving, and how foreign players might be to blame for bringing in diving to the PL. What?

Wilbur

Banned
I think Young was going to stay down there until he realised Carrick had the ball. Such a wanker. I really don't like him playing for us. I can't remember him being so bad at Villa, but then again I never wanted him in the first place.

Kyoufu

if you read collinas biograhy there is an amazing argument by himself and FIFA that you cannot argue with

Football is now the only sport in the world where the rules are exactly the same from park level to international level, and that is one of the beauties of it.

That's not a beauty. It's an ugly beast that bites the head off teams fighting from relegation.

That's insane. It's not like we always get decisions going for us. At the top flight, you take whatever you are given. At the end of the season, if we lift the trophy, it's not like we cheatd our way there.
Of course it is, if Young has dived to win a penalty then he has cheated to try and win the title.

Just seen the incident again. What a cock up by the officials.

People like to say the PL is the best in the world. Not by a mile with officials like this. And it's not just a one off, we have a incident like this every week. And I don't agree with the whole it evens itself out argument. At the end of the day if you go down by one goal it's that one goal which has done it.

But why weren't you moaning that you stole a point last week due in part to a bad decision after a dive? At least moan consistently about it

United get away with dissent too much IMO Valencia should have been booked there and Scholes on Monday

Choc

Banned
Young is just as bad, Bale is guilty of it a lot as well but has admitted to it in a hilariously obtuse manner
Suarez isnt the ONLY player who does it

and Englishmen do it.

honestly FIFA need to give us the power to send divers off. If you call another player a cheat, you are sent off, under the LOTG. yet if you are caught cheating, you are permitted to stay on the field

Red card Diving would eradicate it quick smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom